Staff laziness and their contradictory decision making

Kilobyte

10 hours ago, Professional Jay Walker said:

Tene was unbanned yes, and that was out of pretty big community support and a really good portion of staff support, but if you see, that same support does not sit on OG's appeal, surely that should make you realise something. Tene knows he's on thin ice and probs being watched by people like hawks, BUT, OG had 1 week back on the server and already got himself re-banned. 

OG has a good amount of community support, and also a lot of people simply don't care. Tene having friends on the staff team wile OG doesn't is not a good reason to uphold OG's ban, especially in an absolute sense. Succ's response does a much better job of highlighting the real differences between the two players, and makes a much better argument for why they should be treated differently, although I do not entirely agree with it. While I do think that OG has done enough to warrant his original ban, I do not think he should be treated as unredeemable, especially if what he is saying about not being told ban conditions upon his unban is true. Anyone who has talked to him recently knows that he's a pretty different person from who he once was, and I would be surprised if he had any toxicity issues if he got unbanned. Literally all this guy does now is say the goofiest things, and play rust 25 hours a day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cobaselic said:

"They said I couldn't be toxic, they didn't say I couldn't exploit on an alt!" 

Can't tell if that's comedic or if you're living up to your name lol

thats not the point. The point is that staff are being told something untrue. And my statement isn’t even about me exploiting, its about me not knowing that even a single NLR would get me re banned

1 minute ago, OG BOT Dumbass said:

thats not the point. The point is that staff are being told something untrue. And my statement isn’t even about me exploiting, its about me not knowing that even a single NLR would get me re banned

Thats not true man. Under your terms which you were told explicitly during your 1 billion dollar unban was that any ban over 3 days would increase back to a permanent ban. Not to mention that any exploit ban is typically permanent with Superadmins making any appeal decisions. Lying won't get you anywhere

• thumbdown -1 1

I don't have any history with being permabanned and i do have a history of finding exploits i dont really have an opinion on og ban but i think that staff are contradictory and lazy alot especially when they think that no one will find out 😁

shoutout to ember/suppa/best zed on na/wacky custom afker/my new best friend for gifting me supporter for life

• Like 3

I TRY TO BE AS NEUTRAL AS I CAN AT ALL TIMES, FOR ALL DECISIONS I MAKE SO IM NOT DOING SOMETHING BASED OFF A BIAS!

While I agree people should be treated differently on their history, we also need to look at the present. From the accounts of Jewann it looks like OG has changed for the better. While I have had some rough times with OG over the years I do feel he deserves another chance, much like tene got.

The main problem I have today is staff not sticking to their original punishment. Why have a permaban for something like toxicity if that play is just going to get unbanned anyway? Why unban a player who has a history of toxicity, just for them to do it again? While I believe people change for the better, if a staff member makes a decision (and the decision is following all guidelines for staffing) it should be final, and we shouldn't go back on that punishment. With this being said I believe that the rules should follow in the same format, having extreme toxicity be 6months - a year ban.

I also believe that we shouldn't unban Tene, and leave out unbanning OG because tene has friends on the staff team. This is a blatant bias towards OG and not an implicit bias like zucc said.

Edited by Slob On My Knob

2 hours ago, Slob On My Knob said:

I also believe that we shouldn't unban Tene, and leave out unbanning OG because tene has friends on the staff team. This is a blatant bias towards OG and not an implicit bias like zucc said.

OG also has friends on the staff team. There is also a lot separated from their bans that constitutes differences in either keeping a perma ban perma or not. Given how recent Tene's ban was I'd actually agree with you that if he had as many friends on the staff team to +1 him to being accepted that's fully biased. I wouldn't have been okay with someone coming back that early from a perma ban. 🤷‍♂️

I will say however a big problem with looking into the pasts of some of these people is tricky as the bans page doesn't mention shit that would be needed. OG doesn't have his perma ban that Tass Unbanned him on back in 2019 so everything he did back before that is non-existent. And Tene's Exploiting ban isn't in his bans either. it's as if he never exploited at all and only has been toxic.

A lot of the issue with even digging up a past on these guys relies on the player base coming with experiences of these guys. If the only people that use the forums are mingy toxic pieces of shit and staff members who sometimes plays with them then you're only going to get one side of an argument. Like people saying someone like OG has massive community support but everyone that has +1d his appeal (as in putting likes on it) are literally 7 people (excluding 3 legitimate possibilities of genuine support) who has personally been toxic to me personally and some of which literally were taking part in the initial targeting of me. A good example is Sixnut who literally since I have been commenting on shit has thumbs downed every thing I've said in an attempt to rep bomb me to Hell. Showing they just want another toxic player to play with.

Not to mention like if I were to make any comments on Tene it wouldn't compare to what I personally had to deal with from OG. Am I biased to say the shit he put me through constitutes removal from community without a possibility of coming back? I'd say no, he's literally pushed me away from something I loved for over 2 years and I am now just starting to come back like I used to. The toxicity of Tene I don't know about because it wasn't directed at me so I can't tell you the extent of him, but I truly know the extent of OG from first hand experience. The part of this equation missing is Tene's victims coming forward to explain their side. 

At the end of this it's a lack of evidence and general lack of people coming forward to talk about what they did. I will say staff are generally lazy in looking for evidence against a players unban as it is easier to just say "Been a minute you're reformed +1" or a "I didn't like you -1" Give me an hour for a high profile case and I can get you forums posts, chat logs I might still have saved of personal interactions if they happened and use that as an argument. As an admin I did that and as a player I still do. I think I'm finally understanding a little bit of Kilo's argument in general laziness of staff members. It happened when I was admin as well as him, there's nothing you can do about it. Your argument will just hold more weight in the end than a shitty +1 or -1

• Sad Clown 1
  • crybaby -1 1

9 hours ago, Succ The Zucc said:

OG also has friends on the staff team. There is also a lot separated from their bans that constitutes differences in either keeping a perma ban perma or not. Given how recent Tene's ban was I'd actually agree with you that if he had as many friends on the staff team to +1 him to being accepted that's fully biased. I wouldn't have been okay with someone coming back that early from a perma ban. 🤷‍♂️

I will say however a big problem with looking into the pasts of some of these people is tricky as the bans page doesn't mention shit that would be needed. OG doesn't have his perma ban that Tass Unbanned him on back in 2019 so everything he did back before that is non-existent. And Tene's Exploiting ban isn't in his bans either. it's as if he never exploited at all and only has been toxic.

A lot of the issue with even digging up a past on these guys relies on the player base coming with experiences of these guys. If the only people that use the forums are mingy toxic pieces of shit and staff members who sometimes plays with them then you're only going to get one side of an argument. Like people saying someone like OG has massive community support but everyone that has +1d his appeal (as in putting likes on it) are literally 7 people (excluding 3 legitimate possibilities of genuine support) who has personally been toxic to me personally and some of which literally were taking part in the initial targeting of me. A good example is Sixnut who literally since I have been commenting on shit has thumbs downed every thing I've said in an attempt to rep bomb me to Hell. Showing they just want another toxic player to play with.

Not to mention like if I were to make any comments on Tene it wouldn't compare to what I personally had to deal with from OG. Am I biased to say the shit he put me through constitutes removal from community without a possibility of coming back? I'd say no, he's literally pushed me away from something I loved for over 2 years and I am now just starting to come back like I used to. The toxicity of Tene I don't know about because it wasn't directed at me so I can't tell you the extent of him, but I truly know the extent of OG from first hand experience. The part of this equation missing is Tene's victims coming forward to explain their side. 

At the end of this it's a lack of evidence and general lack of people coming forward to talk about what they did. I will say staff are generally lazy in looking for evidence against a players unban as it is easier to just say "Been a minute you're reformed +1" or a "I didn't like you -1" Give me an hour for a high profile case and I can get you forums posts, chat logs I might still have saved of personal interactions if they happened and use that as an argument. As an admin I did that and as a player I still do. I think I'm finally understanding a little bit of Kilo's argument in general laziness of staff members. It happened when I was admin as well as him, there's nothing you can do about it. Your argument will just hold more weight in the end than a shitty +1 or -1

How are you still holding a grudge after 2 years bro it’s literally a game 

• Like 3
  • uhoh 1