I am very concerned about the current state of this server

GoatNuts

oh no integrity of gmod dark rp server 😞

I've been playing on this server for almost 6 years. It has always been like what you describe and always will be. it's gmod bruh. People invest too much of themselves into this virtual world.  Mfs need to be focused on career, education, family, etc. Real worldly things.

-JEWWORLD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Super America said:

oh no integrity of gmod dark rp server 😞

I've been playing on this server for almost 6 years. It has always been like what you describe and always will be. it's gmod bruh. People invest too much of themselves into this virtual world.  Mfs need to be focused on career, education, family, etc. Real worldly things.

-JEWWORLD

I have been here since the server started and no it has not always been like it is now. I wont say if things are good or bad but it has not always been like this. 

I appreciate posts like this because it reminds us that the community really cares about the the server. In my opinion, there hasn't been a whole lot going on recently. I think the days when we had 60-80 staff members there was a lot more going on that kept people preoccupied and entertained. If anyone wants to see a change in the staff team and has the time, I would encourage you to apply. Being a part of the discussion, present and active in the meetings, and helpful in training new staff members is the best way to affect change. Get your friends together, apply for staff, and work together to build a staff team that you think the community needs and deserves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • cmonBruh 1
  • thumbdown -1 2

@GoatNuts Harsh life reality: Wherever there is power of any kind to be had, the people that should be in those positions are usually the people that have no interest in those positions. The people that actively seek those positions tend to be the ones that should be no where near said positions.

I don't know what BriskyBri said exactly (I don't want to know, ignorance is bliss). I do know that she was banned from that other server for "Pedo" on July 13, 2023. Do I think something she did in a different community should have affected her standing here? Unless the offense was extremely heinous, then no. But I don't know the comments, so likely the right call was made. That being said, do I think that people should go out of their way to look up steamids for dirt on other players? Absolutely not.

@The Worst Dad Damn, you stepped down/ maybe got demoted too?

@RubikDude, we all love you man, but c'mon. You said that in your opinion a whole lot hasn't been going on lately? Two admins, 3-4 smods, and a handful of mods all gone in one summer. All the years I've played here (est. March 2017), I've never seen that type of high-profile (rank wise) turnover. Ever.

Something's rotten in the state of TitsRP.

2 hours ago, Makoto said:

@The Worst Dad Damn, you stepped down/ maybe got demoted too?

resigned so I can focus on life and my career, and there's a lot of good video games comin out soon and I don't believe I'd be able to properly devote time like I used to and be consistently available like the community and team deserves

I also wanna piggyback off of what Rubik said. If you genuinely want to see change in the server then apply for staff and try and do something positive about it! Just give it a try, and even if nothing happens, you can at least throw your hands up in the air and say, "Well, I tried! Now what?".  Then maybe you'll have an understanding on why things happen the way they do, and maybe you can even inspire change. I can't promise you'll move mountains but you can at least try and see what is at the summit.

Edited by The Worst Dad
  • Like 1

So you are saying that the smods are not very bright? I dont believe you

Btw did anyone hear about the new unwritten rule about mayor not being allowed to have dupes that block the desk in office? apparently its because they have buttons that cops need to use.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Some Donkus said:

They don't have control of anything in their real life so they have to hop on to the GMod server where they feel important. They know you are pissed about it, and they probably feed off of that, like someone griefing a Minecraft server. They are all born from the same autismal pool that leads people down that path.

And you know they don't care when you call them out on it. It's easier for them to post reaction gifs or -1 rep you rather than take any actual form of accountability at all.

It is just not that deep. I totally understand the sentiment of “video game admins are loser virgins” but there’s not some deep power imbalance repaired by staffing a gmod server. It’s a video game, and I genuinely think a lot of you would benefit from remembering that.

• Like 1
  • crybaby -1 1

17 hours ago, Mild Tsunami said:

Hello Goatnits, I’m sorry you feel that way about the current operation of the staff team is there anything specific you would like the share that has you concerned? I would love to hear your feedback!

robotic reply

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rubik said:

Get your friends together, apply for staff, and work together to build a staff team that you think the community needs and deserves. 

The issue with this is that the current staff team is not scared to show bias towards people. Which means if there are people that dislike you in the higher ranks you will NEVER get past mod.  Let's say you're okay with just being mod. Then what's going to happen is that smods+ will be on your ass for every little thing you do. Till they eventually have enough on you to demote you. 

1 minute ago, Terrry said:

The issue with this is that the current staff team is not scared to show bias towards people. Which means if there are people that dislike you in the higher ranks you will NEVER get past mod.  Let's say you're okay with just being mod. Then what's going to happen is that smods+ will be on your ass for every little thing you do. Till they eventually have enough on you to demote you. 

You don't need to be a smod+ to contribute to the staff team & decision making. Only exception of this is w/ t-mods & accepting/denying mod applications. Also if you're only in it for the rank, I think that is a part of the problem. Being promoted is something that you earn through hard work & dedication and shouldn't be something you feel you have to accomplish to succeed. I know a ton of staff members who were an absolutely critical part of the team, yet they chose to never apply for smod. They were included in all of the meetings, decision making and discussions. :gamer_yes:

• Rubik locked this topic