The fixing of the gap between raiding and basing

Mori

At this point and time while raiding the defenders have a huge advantage of course I believe that the defenders should have the upper hand and unless Rubik/Sugar changes something insane but I had a conversation with Sugar a while back about the Power of enchanted weapons and also my response to Rubik's post on saying that raiding needs to be changed but I think he missed on what the true issue is.

Enchanted Weapons

Enchanted Weapons are insanely hit or miss it either makes the weapon insanely powerful (2 shot dvus) (certain guns hitting firerate cap) (jugg mini's with certain high value specials) I believe enchanted weapons should stay and a big thing with Rubik iirc that new players are usually insanely disadvantaged while raiding and enchanted weapons 100% contribute to that. The purposed changes were these and like mat grenades/mat bombs sugar can easily revert these if the community goes into an outrage.

Common Weapons - No Change

Rare Weapons - No Change

Epic Weapons - All stat increase would be capped to what Rare is today, Always has 1 effect.

Legendary Weapons - All stat increases would be capped to what Rare is today, Always has 2 effects. Chance to have 3 effects

Artifact Weapons - All stat increases would be capped at A little less than legendary but a little better than Epic. Will always have 5 effects

The plan here is shift the power of enchanted weapons from their stat increases to their effects, SBC Cannons were nerfed due to their one shot ability now dealing a max of 150 dmg but with enchants certain weapons would legit kill faster than a 1 shot sbc cannon due to cannon charge time/travel time.

Holy hand Grenades

Holy hand grenades on paper sounds like a amazing idea. Enchanted weapons are strong punish players using this! Great idea if it worked. Lets go over what happens when you get holy naded

If hit you will

Drop all Enchanted weapons

Unable to use Food for 6 minutes

Unable to pick up the dropped enchanted weapon for 60 seconds

This is a good start a dodgeable grenade unless through far inside your base that the basers can even use to get everyone on an equal playing field, but there is 1 major flaw.

You may use ANY enchanted weapon in your inventory if you are hit by this grenade instantly why does this grenade not

1. Prevent the use of enchanted weapons

2. Even if it did prevent use of enchanted weapons only 60 seconds?

Changes proposed for this grenade goes as follows

1. If a player is hit by this grenade while holding an enchanted weapon that weapon would be thrown on the ground and the weapon may not be picked up for 3 minutes.

2. If hit by the grenade you may not use any enchanted weapon by any means for 3 minutes.

3. The time that it prevents you from using food is reduced from 6 minutes to 3 minutes.

Gun Jam

Ok this fucking talisman is insane it has been changed 3 times and all times its the most insane talisman.

In my eyes the idea of this talisman is this, if using this talisman you trade off being able to quickly kill your target for a chance to win your 1v1 against them 100% of the time.

I think thats fine, but I would change one thing about it.

The Change goes as follows

1. Gun jam can only be applied to one person at a time, most people love to use high clip weapons with this talisman to avoid damage from many people. This allows more counterplay to gun jam such as if you call out someone using gun jam two people can rush him and easily kill him and he can only avoid dmg from one of the two people while dealing nearly no damage himself.

The End

This concludes my thoughts on the raiding stance at the moment I believe these changes would provide a healthier raiding environment and any questions/disagreements can be commented below.

I would personally like @KDawg and or @Rubik to respond their thoughts to this,

Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • crybaby -1 1

I actually kind of agree with this. enchant balancing is kinda yikers, but if you nerf enchants, all thats left is juggmini spam. Holy nade is good. but if this were to be implemented, i feel that raiders also kind of stay losing. i think material bombs/grenades should be re-introduced, but instead of removing the fences, they just removed the textures and colors.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mori said:

Unable to pick up the dropped enchanted weapon for 60 seconds

30 seconds + pull out weapon from inv + /drop weapon before holy nade hits and press e + also apply this to weapons that are broken whilst unenchanted (sbc, jugg mini etc)

Gun Jam

Ok this fucking talisman is insane it has been changed 3 times and all times its the most insane talisman.

In my eyes the idea of this talisman is this, if using this talisman you trade off being able to quickly kill your target for a chance to win your 1v1 against them 100% of the time.

I think thats fine, but I would change one thing about it.

The Change goes as follows

1. Gun jam can only be applied to one person at a time, most people love to use high clip weapons with this talisman to avoid damage from many people. This allows more counterplay to gun jam such as if you call out someone using gun jam two people can rush him and easily kill him and he can only avoid dmg from one of the two people while dealing nearly no damage himself.

just stop gun jam from spam stacking.. have it apply on like first shot and add a cooldown.. or just remove gun jam, most braindead enchant ive seen...... maybe even make it only a x% chance to prevent bullets and decrease amount of time that it jams someone for.

dumbest thing is that if u get shot first u have automatically lost the 1v1 unless u pull out a knife faster than they can hold s and left click.... there shouldn't be any guaranteed 1v1 winning items, literally makes no sense. only excuse i can ever see for this to be left in is it helps new players, but if "old players" start abusing this (which they have/will) it rapes new players even more than ever as they literally have no way to win.

Artifact Weapons - All stat increases would be capped at A little less than legendary but a little better than Epic. Will always have 5 effects

😬

i agree with merha re-add mat bombs / mat nades since sonar bombs are literally useless if the player isnt stood still with their keys out (it literally bugs out if theyre holding a weapon or moving around and barely works anyways) but remove them from ghosting fences and just let them de-mat..

also buff t3s but make them harder to get omgggggg buff plant accels omggg 120k+ worth of materials for +20% on 3 plots!!!!!! literally just make a super plant accel with turtle plushies or strange gems that have a enormous radius omggg!!

ALSO PUSH THE WEAPON REWORK, WE'VE HAD 2 SHOT SVUS FOR MONTHS WHERE IS THE WEAPON REWORK/BALANCING ?? WHERE IS ARCCW WEAPONS AND WEAPON CHARMS?!!!!! (arccw weapons will be incredibly underpowered most likely and will not be able to be put on ccs or enchanted -kdawg so they will be unused)

Edited by Tene
  • Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1
  • crybaby -1 1

6 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

HEY I DIDNT READ ANY OF THIS BUT I WANT TO SAY TO MAKE ARTIFACTS ONLY OBTAINABLE THROUGH ENCHANTING GUARANTEED LESS THAN 1% OF ALL ARTIFACTS ARE FROM ENCHANTING

Yeah! Totally! Let's make T3 crates more useless than they already are! Yeah sick reply bro! 

43 minutes ago, LeGerbs said:

Yeah! Totally! Let's make T3 crates more useless than they already are! Yeah sick reply bro! 

i mean u can buff t3s without making them give you artifacts. make t3s more rare / not 6 purchasable for 1 prestige token, buff items ucan get in it (healbots, more legendaries instead of rares, dragon eggs still same, no talismans, proc tokens, replace the chance for an artifact to be a chance for a prestige token), and then make it like 3 prestige tokens for a random artifact and artifacts will become a ton more rare, or just remove prestiges for an artifact entirely and make them solely obtainable through enchanting (how they should be)

• Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

Good ideas all around.

I really like the idea of removing someone's 1 way walls. I still love the freedom to use them,

Maybe a C4 type item that you have to plant, Is a bit faster than normal C4, but doesn't destroy props instead removes materials would be fun. 

On 11/11/2022 at 9:49 AM, Dan Hunter said:

Good ideas all around.

I really like the idea of removing someone's 1 way walls. I still love the freedom to use them,

Maybe a C4 type item that you have to plant, Is a bit faster than normal C4, but doesn't destroy props instead removes materials would be fun. 

yeah maybe like a grenade that you throw and then after about 2-3 seconds all props in a radius the materials and colors are removed and then the defenders have a harder time using 1 way props idk tho. There could even be a larger "material bomb" type thing that would have a larger radius and instead of just removing materials it fades all fence props in the radius.

I think there could even be a swep added where if you use it you get a .5 second dot of where people are through walls and props, that swep could have a name like "houndeye" like the sniffing dog that finds enemies.

• Like 2
  • crine 1