Staff laziness and their contradictory decision making

Kilobyte

I find it weird that staff are very easily able to +1 and let back Tene with his money exploiting ban after having a ban for placing textscreens advertising p3dophile rights, as well as previous bans for drama mongering and other toxicity

yet simply being toxic on the server and having normal toxicity bans unrelated to p word philia before your money exploiting ban means you should never be allowed back and you already blew your chances

The least the staff team could do is be consistent in their decision making and enforcement of things like this. Also, admin rank is useless when given to people who literally put 0 effort or research before responding. An actual administrator copied and pasted a response instead of giving his own information and insight to the ban appeal. The staff team is devolving to the point where little to no effort is acceptable. 

*this is not drama mongering this is a real observation*

Edited by Kilobyte
  • Like 9
  • thumbdown -1 2

• Kilobyte changed the title to Staff and their contradictory decision making

Tene came back to the server and immediately began being an asshole to people again. I do not hate anyone here but I feel like this could've been handled better than this.

I think the community should have a say, less than staff but still present, in ban appeals. 

39 minutes ago, Funk Dungus said:

Tene came back to the server and immediately began being an asshole to people again. I do not hate anyone here but I feel like this could've been handled better than this.

I think the community should have a say, less than staff but still present, in ban appeals. 

but then how will the server function when competent people get a say in ban appeals???

I could understand your frustration, I didn't vote on the Tene ban appeal because I was super busy with work during all that but I wanted to throw my two cents in here and maybe see things from my perspective.

The difference between the Tene appeal and the OG appeal are the actions after the ban was handed down. I think there are 2 very clear paths that each player had paved for themselves after the fact. OG took it a very different and toxic route that fit the personality he has. Tene took the ban and accepted it, moving on from it until the time was right. He wasn't still stirring things up on the forums. OG was still getting forum warns and was caught for alting and on top of that, had the whole fiasco with the unban for $1b.

I'm pretty sure when it comes down to ban appeals for exploiting, it is up to Sugar. We all have an opportunity to voice our concerns but Sugar is the only one that should be making final decisions on exploit bans because of the impact it could have caused long term on the server.

I disagree with the community having a say on appeals. People have friends. Friends clique up. Friends vote "+1 for unban :pepeStand:" without ever seeking to understand the impact of the offence had brought to the server. And I know you know that. We still deal with that even without the community having direct involvement on appeals.

Please believe that OG has been talked about in mod/tmod chat and I'm sure the other chats as well where people have shared stories and instances of what his past behaviors were. People are getting information from each other to make a decision based off facts and interactions rather than just going with what everyone else is saying on the appeal. It isn't just a hay day of playing telephone and changing a word or two.

I personally don't want to see anyone be perm banned and stay perm banned though I understand why it needs to happen. I know it won't mean much to you or some others on this forum that dislike the decisions I've come to but I promise that during every appeal/report instance, I will make unbiased and fair decisions based off their actions rather than them preaching how much better of a person they are.

• Thanks 1
  • cmonBruh 1
  • crybaby -1 1

• Kilobyte changed the title to Staff laziness and their contradictory decision making
1 minute ago, USN peepoo said:

Anybody read that post above fully who can give me a tldr?

tldr: no, community shouldn't vote on ban appeals. sugar has final say on exploit bans. two paths of banned, one bad, one good.

• Like 1
  • SMorc 1

I can absolutely see your frustration when it seems like our staff team feels like lemurs when replying on ban appeals. (Specifically OG Bot)

The main issue with me personally is that he was told specifically when he was unbanned with 1 billion darkrp cash that if he was banned for anything again he would remain permanently banned with 0 chance at appeal. 

Myself personally I find it difficult to fully +1 the appeal when he knew he was thin ice to being gone forever. Whereas the other side of me believes he wasn't as bad as some of our toxic players in the past so he could be a good dude now.

I feel like this is a great topic to bring up in a staff meeting and figure out how we can do better as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1