WE NEED BETTER STAFFS (The real one)

Quas

Im making this after my most recent sit with staff I will not disclose for obvious reasons. After this sit taking around 15 maybe 20 minutes, and seeing the all around inefficiency of the staff team I decided to finally make this thread, because I am sick of it.

Since I have been back, almost every single sit has been way longer then needed, and its getting to a point where its annoying. When I make a sit, I usually have a clip rendered, and evidence on hand, and even then, sits take way longer then usual, even if it is an open and shut case. It truly is ridiculous, its the main reason I dont make sits anymore and either ignore the player, or report it on the forums. Recently, most of my sits have been about a rule in the MOTD that should be well known by now but apparently isnt, which is the default laws section. I have been enforcing these default laws as CP, and every staff seems to believe that you need a mayor to enforce these laws, or I have to fine them before enforcing them, even though it says that all of those activities can be AOSed. Ive been in probably 6 or 7 sits at this point, all of them with arguments and threats of punishment, taking around 10-15 minutes, but they all end the same; "Ive decided to just give you a verbal, but dont do it again" and nothing fruitful is gained. I straight up tell them I wont listen to that because although yes, some rules are left to staffs interpretation, it does not mean rules that are set in stone and specifically say I am allowed to do this, can be overwritten, and I always stand my ground with this. To me, the whole "verbal warning" thing just seems like a way to keep their confidence, while also being fearful of giving a true punishment. Not saying verbal warnings are like that in every scenario, but with all of the sits ive been in, it seems like it was for me. There was only one sit that I can actually say was well done which was done by Its Ya Boi Green, he dealt with it efficiently, and even though I didnt agree with his ruling, I still followed what he said because I respected the way he dealt with the sit, and respected that he found a compromise with me and the player that reported me. This is just what has been happening lately, almost every other sit has been this bad, even something as simple as RDM or NLR.

I can say this with complete confidence, the TitsRP staff team currently is in the worst state then it ever has been in before. The amount of incompetence, unprofessionalism, and lack of responsibility is astounding. People break the rules on me constantly, usually in the past I would make a report, but now my mind goes to "Is it worth staying in a sit for 15 minutes?" and I dont like that I think like this. I want to be clear, I do not blame the people on the staff team directly, although yes some of their personalities dont really fit having power, I dont blame it on the person themselves, I blame it on the environment, the rules, and the lack of discipline. 

I dont want to bring up a problem, with out my idea of a solution, so here are some ideas:

1. Actually give punishments to staff members if they mess up, I simply dont believe that this reprimanding thing is working, as staff that have been "talked to" still have a multitude of issues. Suspend them, make it to where they have to have a higher staff oversee their sit, make them shadow other trusted staff. Those are just a couple ideas I have.

2. Get rid of most wiggle room within the MOTD. Get rid of things like "could" or "might" or things like that. Whatever rules can be set in stone, do it. Some things will need to be at staffs discretion obviously, but whatever doesnt have to be, make it black and white.

3. Set a strict age limit to become staff, 16 would probably be best. I would say 18 but there arent that many people on this server that are even near that.

4. Add a way to be able to rate how well the staff did, and appoint a staff member to actually look at them.

5. Positive reinforcement, if a staff has been active, taking sits, and is well received in the community, recognize it and reward it. A simple "Hey man, you are doing great, keep it up!" can do wonders for people.

I might have more ideas I will think of later, but this is it for now.

You might be thinking, "But all powerful Papa Quas, this is a lot of work, I dont think we can do this" I say, if you want to ensure your server gains more players and a larger more positive community, this is one of the first steps. for every 1 new player that stays and plays, there is probably 100 leaving and never joining again.

I also want to say, I dont want this to seem like a just be hard on the staff for no reason thread, I want this to be fruitful, and I want something to come out of it. So, I do not want any arguing on this thread, please try to respect this, ive had issues in the past with arguing and I dont like it, nothing usually comes out of it and if it does, its very little.

• Like 2

One thing i can agree with on. Staff team has no discipline.  There really is no structure and ive been noticing more and more issues.  My issues with the staff team right now are

Lack of discipline 

Unprofessional 

Lack of effort (not taking sits)

Using staff powers for fun and personal amusement 

Staff activity 

Lack of knowledge for motd

Edited by {GN} Isaac
  • thumbdown -1 1

2 hours ago, {GN} Isaac said:

One thing i can agree with on. Staff team has no discipline.  There really is no structure and ive been noticing more and more issues.  My issues with the staff team right now are

Lack of discipline 

Unprofessional 

I would like to add unfair bias influencing other staff decisions when legitimately making sincere apologies in ban appeals. 

I tried 3 times to request a perma ban lift after waiting a year for my original 1 week punishment (after asking for the perma myself) and it's exhausting and frustrating that I'm being singled out every single time unfairly. I feel like I'm being bullied by the staff instead of given fair consideration.  They are coming off as the same bullies I had to deal with in high school and it's shredding my self esteem honestly.

This is even after a few staff initally had positive feedback and +'d me. I started messaging through pm's to ask what influenced their decision out of a willingness to improve and to keep my appeal less spammy like my previous posts, and that even backfired on me, denied again on largely what seemed like the whim of a couple of bad actors.

(Before I post this, I will not be naming names of the staff members) 

I can agree with the lack of sit taking, I recently retired and when I was on that short retirement, there was a staff meeting on the following Saturday, whilst that staff meeting was going on, the staff that were online at the time were saying they can’t take sits during the staff meeting… Spartan also notices this too at the time, I came back to the staff team a few days later to basically prove that sits can be taken literally any time, I also have noticed during the times I am on the server, quite a bit of the time I have to ask in staff chat for staff to help take sits too, I will not be naming those staff members, but those staff members seeing my response know who you are. I too would like to see more discipline on the staff members who are lacking in sits and not doing their duty for the server. I am with you on this Quas

Edited by Professional Jay Walker

It's a volunteer job, beggers can't be choosers.

Literally nothing is giving motivation to staff members to take sits other than their quota. After they achieved their quota, there's nothing left to give staff a reason to take sits other than maybe a promotion. A promotion that doesn't really reward anything.

There needs to be incentive.

2 hours ago, Lil' Pudin' Taters said:

It's a volunteer job, beggers can't be choosers.

Literally nothing is giving motivation to staff members to take sits other than their quota. After they achieved their quota, there's nothing left to give staff a reason to take sits other than maybe a promotion. A promotion that doesn't really reward anything.

There needs to be incentive.

This is why we need staff that actually care and just want the rank to actually help people.  Not for a tag, i have been here for 4years and reached the ranks i cared for. I still continue to care for the server and help with sits. Yeah i understand us staff dont get paid and this aint a job. But we all signed up for the position. So it shouldn't matter if you reach a certain rank. If you dont have the motivation to do what you signed up for

Dont be staff anymore.

Edited by {GN} Isaac

10 hours ago, Quas said:

Im making this after my most recent sit with staff I will not disclose for obvious reasons. After this sit taking around 15 maybe 20 minutes, and seeing the all around inefficiency of the staff team I decided to finally make this thread, because I am sick of it.

Since I have been back, almost every single sit has been way longer then needed, and its getting to a point where its annoying. When I make a sit, I usually have a clip rendered, and evidence on hand, and even then, sits take way longer then usual, even if it is an open and shut case. It truly is ridiculous, its the main reason I dont make sits anymore and either ignore the player, or report it on the forums. Recently, most of my sits have been about a rule in the MOTD that should be well known by now but apparently isnt, which is the default laws section. I have been enforcing these default laws as CP, and every staff seems to believe that you need a mayor to enforce these laws, or I have to fine them before enforcing them, even though it says that all of those activities can be AOSed. Ive been in probably 6 or 7 sits at this point, all of them with arguments and threats of punishment, taking around 10-15 minutes, but they all end the same; "Ive decided to just give you a verbal, but dont do it again" and nothing fruitful is gained. I straight up tell them I wont listen to that because although yes, some rules are left to staffs interpretation, it does not mean rules that are set in stone and specifically say I am allowed to do this, can be overwritten, and I always stand my ground with this. To me, the whole "verbal warning" thing just seems like a way to keep their confidence, while also being fearful of giving a true punishment. Not saying verbal warnings are like that in every scenario, but with all of the sits ive been in, it seems like it was for me. There was only one sit that I can actually say was well done which was done by Its Ya Boi Green, he dealt with it efficiently, and even though I didnt agree with his ruling, I still followed what he said because I respected the way he dealt with the sit, and respected that he found a compromise with me and the player that reported me. This is just what has been happening lately, almost every other sit has been this bad, even something as simple as RDM or NLR.

I can say this with complete confidence, the TitsRP staff team currently is in the worst state then it ever has been in before. The amount of incompetence, unprofessionalism, and lack of responsibility is astounding. People break the rules on me constantly, usually in the past I would make a report, but now my mind goes to "Is it worth staying in a sit for 15 minutes?" and I dont like that I think like this. I want to be clear, I do not blame the people on the staff team directly, although yes some of their personalities dont really fit having power, I dont blame it on the person themselves, I blame it on the environment, the rules, and the lack of discipline. 

I dont want to bring up a problem, with out my idea of a solution, so here are some ideas:

1. Actually give punishments to staff members if they mess up, I simply dont believe that this reprimanding thing is working, as staff that have been "talked to" still have a multitude of issues. Suspend them, make it to where they have to have a higher staff oversee their sit, make them shadow other trusted staff. Those are just a couple ideas I have.

2. Get rid of most wiggle room within the MOTD. Get rid of things like "could" or "might" or things like that. Whatever rules can be set in stone, do it. Some things will need to be at staffs discretion obviously, but whatever doesnt have to be, make it black and white.

3. Set a strict age limit to become staff, 16 would probably be best. I would say 18 but there arent that many people on this server that are even near that.

4. Add a way to be able to rate how well the staff did, and appoint a staff member to actually look at them.

5. Positive reinforcement, if a staff has been active, taking sits, and is well received in the community, recognize it and reward it. A simple "Hey man, you are doing great, keep it up!" can do wonders for people.

I might have more ideas I will think of later, but this is it for now.

You might be thinking, "But all powerful Papa Quas, this is a lot of work, I dont think we can do this" I say, if you want to ensure your server gains more players and a larger more positive community, this is one of the first steps. for every 1 new player that stays and plays, there is probably 100 leaving and never joining again.

I also want to say, I dont want this to seem like a just be hard on the staff for no reason thread, I want this to be fruitful, and I want something to come out of it. So, I do not want any arguing on this thread, please try to respect this, ive had issues in the past with arguing and I dont like it, nothing usually comes out of it and if it does, its very little.

hey bro i been trying to come back maybe one day ill be able to return and show sugar that what happened in 2017 was clownery
what the staff team doesnt understand right now is I used to pull all nighters and stay up 7 days straight to staff titsrp. kinda a no life thing but i enjoyed staffing and hanging out. If the sit count thing existed back in 2016 id be on top of the leaderboard still and ive been banned for 3 years

Edited by Zoosh

I don't think the staff team is bad. I think as Isaac said it comes down to discipline.  I've demoted people during my time as an S-Mod for playing around with phys guns or using staff powers when they aren't in Sitland. 

I'm currently a Manager where I work right now and I do notice that your employees only work as hard as you do. With our higher up staff S-Mod+ there is a severe lack of play time and sit taking. I've been back for 3 weeks now and I have only seen one admin on 3 times during that Period and it was Jewann. The S-Mods that are on typically don't take sits. Not throwing shade or hating we all like to have fun but it trickles down to the mods. 

I think you guys could be a great team. 

Seriously stop relying on Super Admins to host staff meetings have a few admins conduct them and talk about issues. Make clear set standards for everyone.

• thumbdown -1 1

i dunno why people make excuses for the staff, they really just accept anyone and so the staff team is full of toxic and racist 14 year old kids who come home from school mad after tyrone shoves them in a locker for the 50th time and they have to log into garrys mod and abuse their powers and call people the N word just loud enough that they can't hear their father beating their pregnant mother to death in the next room.. any idiot can see the issue here. you accept just a small handful of shitters into the staff team and they will make sure all of their shitter friends become staff in short order too. its a simple problem really...

• cmonBruh 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

2 hours ago, Zoosh said:

hey bro i been trying to come back maybe one day ill be able to return and show sugar that what happened in 2017 was clownery
what the staff team doesnt understand right now is I used to pull all nighters and stay up 7 days straight to staff titsrp. kinda a no life thing but i enjoyed staffing and hanging out. If the sit count thing existed back in 2016 id be on top of the leaderboard still and ive been banned for 3 years

Im not sure how its relevant to bring up your staff experience from 5 years ago. Im not asking staff to spend more time on the server for the sake of staffing, im asking that they increase the quality of their staffing. Quality over quantity, its why we have so many staff members, so they dont have to do that and can more focus on the quality of staffing when they are on.

• Rubik locked this topic