For the people who can't or are afraid to speak.

Yike

1 minute ago, Rubik said:

@My Profile Is A Lie the reason why your post was deleted is simply because the rules are stating that only players directly involved in the situation and staff may respond. This rule is to prevent players from getting their “friends” (this is an issue on both sides) to bomb the thread with replies that are completely unrelated to the situation itself. You make some great points, but this one in particular has absolutely nothing to do with biased staff or suppressing your point of view. The staff did exactly what they are told to do. 

if you want to suggest a rule change to allow friends and players not related to the situation to provide their opinions on ban appeals and reports then go for it! 

I apologize for the disregard of said rule and my confusion, i just believed it was potentially useful to have another perspective than what was already repeatedly seen on the thread. I see what you're saying though, thank you for your reply. 

11 hours ago, Yike said:

I feel like you are a supposed to be a team but I didn't feel that at all. I have talked to some former staff member's and they agree as well (I will not give out their names).

Yes, I personally do not feel as if I'm on a team.

11 hours ago, Yike said:

Another reason was that I felt like I was getting no help at all when I would be on, now I am fully aware that this is a voluntary and I will probably get the response of "Well you should just ask for help", but I felt that I shouldn't have to ask for help when there is other staff on but no one is taking sits but me. And all the player's would yell at me for not taking their sit's etc. when other people were fully capable. It was mentally draining and pushed me to dislike being a staff member here. 

Yeah, I definitely have felt this before, I had another staff member on with me (pretty sure you were a staff member during the time, not the one that was online with me), the other staff member just wasn't doing anything, I think they were AFK in spawn. All the players on the server went on a full frenzy at least 7 Mass RDMers, spawn prop blockers, etc within a timespan of 10 minutes. I actually was getting yelled at by everyone, this striked me mentally and I ended up having sort of a breakdown in the discord mod chat, I even ended up text yelling at @Saiah because he made a small joke. 

11 hours ago, Yike said:

Second thing I have noticed is "community suppression" it's a very broad statement I know, but what I basically mean is that if the staff does not know you they don't care which I think new member or not you should be able to speak about things and have a voice and staff should at least listen. I feel that if you have something that you need to say and say it (if it's not being stupid) and the staff team disagree they will just delete the post or not even look at it or even care at all. Which I feel should not happen I feel everyone should have a voice and be able to speak about something before staff just goes "Nope I don't agree with this *delete*". And if you do say something about it after they will just pull the "Drama Mongering" or "shit posting" card and you can find yourself banned or removed from the discord or forums.

This shouldn't be allowed, this is blatant abuse of power and you should take to the admins with that information because not letting someone have a voice on our forums is a big no no.

11 hours ago, Yike said:

Third thing I have noticed is "Bias", some staff members (not saying names) are super biased towards players whether it be friends or what not. I feel that some player's may get to "harsh" of a punishment for doing something but then when the person they like does it it's almost like they get away with it. Another form of being biased is as a staff member you can ALMOST get away with anything you want because with this clique like mentality "whos going to report me?". And as now a player I feel that if you "kiss ass" to the staff members you can get away with a lot more than the average joe. If you "butt-buddy" a staff member you won't get a severe punishment if even a punishment at all.

Responding to the bold text. Staff members are told to always educated over giving punishment, I really want you to report anyone who has this type of behavior. It doesn't matter if its an admin, smod, mod or tmod, I fully recommend using the report section on the forums with as much evidence as you can gather. Biased staff is not what we want.

11 hours ago, Yike said:

I feel that I am the only one who has spoken out about some of these issues is because of the fear of getting banned from the community that they enjoy, but I'm different I honestly don't care anymore I have kept my mouth quiet about these things until now. I have only said these things now because I am getting a little tired of it and some other issues is pushing me away from the community and not make me want to play on the server anymore. In the past couple weeks I have had no desire to play on the server that I spent a lot of time on at all.

I personally will leave the staff team if you even get close to a punishment for trying to point out significant issues in the staff team.

Edited by koda

26 minutes ago, My Profile Is A Lie said:

I apologize for the disregard of said rule and my confusion, i just believed it was potentially useful to have another perspective than what was already repeatedly seen on the thread. I see what you're saying though, thank you for your reply. 

Totally understandable how you could have not known this. The forum-level rules are placed in a location where it is possible to miss them completely. Glad you understand, but you do raise some great points. 

One thing we should all take away from this is that maybe right now things aren’t perfect, but future staff will read this thread and will know exactly what issues are most important to the players. 

• Thanks 1

the irony is palpable first my post is removed, ok i wont post it again, but then i get warned again for posting a picture of the warning.

should also add that walter
checked out this post
deleted my reply and warned me
left the post
went back on post
deleted my reply and warned me
and still has said nothing

Edited by WantedNearby
  • cmonBruh 1

So you just come on this post 3 times only to delete and warn my shit and reply to me. Should I start citing every time a staff member has said some stupid shit like "keep them permaed" because if I did the post would probably have to be locked by abstergo for too many pages.

• Failfish 1

Just now, Cobaselic said:

Walter does this quite a bit. The same response is given if you say something that he doesn't like or agree with "wow that's a good shitpost, I almost thought you were serious.". 

You wanna talk about bias? I got banned from the discord for pointing out that racism isn't allowed. Walter the Assaulter literally said in gen chat "I hate blacks", then said that only racial slurs aren't allowed, and I get banned for telling them racism isn't allowed. I have since been unbanned thankfully, but still. That should have never happened in the first place.

On top of that, Doc told me that my concerns about racism in game night have been solved. The same day, I get a message from abstergo calling me a "piss baby" and complaining that I had said something. So, when their ability to be racist gets taken, he decides to come at me like that's an issue?

Kilo gets banned for posting something in another discord, but fuel can invite half the server to his discord and call them the n-word? How come when fuel does something it's "we can't punish for something outside of our discord" but in kilo's case he was banned?

Not only is there a gang mentality within the team, there is clear bias. It's sad to see, and I would love to say that it'll get better, but contrary to what Abstergo said, it isn't getting better. 

incorrect

Edited by Raccoons
  • Haha 1
  • Angry -1 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

I haven't read most of this shit, but I should add, the "bias" has been there in a few 2 members that are also staff, which Walter, the owner of Gamenight, then shortly gave an entire lecture to said member about not favoring the other person in the sit because they knew them. You know "Cock Asian". remember the "assaulter" that is now gone from his name? He was kicked from gamenight completely, and now he's angry about it, Why was he kicked? Bullying children. He isn't alting to secretly be friends with us still, most if not all members don't really talk to him anymore. If this was "staff bias" wouldn't we defend him to the ends of the earth? Just my 2 cents, I guess. 

The mcstubbins, never seen them operate and can't tell you anything about them. 

• Rubik locked this topic