Should T-Mod+ be harder to get?

FrozenGalaxy

So recently I have seen quite a lot of bad T-Mods. I know that we need more staff but handing it to everybody that applies is not the way to go in my opinion. Bad staff results in many players leaving and never coming back. Gives the server a bad rep and is honestly embarrassing. This is not meant to start "petty drama" just something important that needs to be changed because right now it's pretty much like pay for T-Mod currently. Take time into the application to make sure they are actually fit for being staff. Want to see what others think about this and what others think that could be done.

Personally I agree with this, but other staff members think that TMod is the learning phase and if they are bad just get them out

The issue I see with this is that people can have a bad experience with said staff members BEFORE they are demoted

This leads to the question of 

More staff to take more sits at a worse quality

or Less staff to take sits at a better quality

My take on it is that to become staff you should have a minimum of 100 hours in the server and be known by the server to a certain capacity to be considered a regular

I have spoken before about this with other staff members but most agree that tmod should be the learning phase and it is ok for really anyone to get as long as they don't mess up too badly and don't minge

I agree that being a t-mod is suppose to be about learning and experiencing things but... I feel as if recently we are being WAYYYY too easy on accepting apps. Now that I see all these demotes and a player complaining about it... it seems pretty poor imo.

However some staff believe it's not a big deal if they are bad because we can just demote them... I don't agree with this logic but we will see, I'll start a topic on it.

If other players could comment on this situation it would be very much appreciated.

We believed the t-mod app was too easy, and back then we had the mindset that only good apps should be accepted. Now, we've updated the t-mod application and with it we made an effort to be lenient on t-mod applications however now I can see we've been *too* lenient.

Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into consideration for the future.

people who just apply and they are very inactive on forums and barely known in game should have less of a chance to get accepted.

People who are active on forums, make theirselves known more in game will give staff knowlege or backround of how they are, making a more accurate decision.

I just say stop accepting random people who have a decent application

a while ago they made all the ranks a lot easier to get and I think it has had a negative effect on the server's staff. they made smod, mod AND tmod easier to get and I think it should be reverted. people barely take sits anymore because they have nothing to work towards, that is on top of several people being made tmod and them either abusing or not knowing the motd.

I agree .. we have been letting tmod application be a little too easy. I do think tmod is a learning faze,but also think they should have really good knowledge of motd,being professional,ect..

I know you guys might be frustrated .. but do know that everything you guys are saying is heard and we are talking about 

This discussion and will find a solution .

I honestly agree with OP, especially in regards to Lil Moist. https://www.titsrp.com/showthread.php?tid=10570&pid=71220#pid71220

... I had an encounter with this tmod yesterday where he was playing as Alien Race and was Disguise SWEP abusing (something I know quite a bit about, since I've been warned for it myself). I mentioned it to Baljeet who was training him at the time even though I didn't report it, because he did pop out of the disguise eventually and I got my arrest on him.

I couldn't help but thinking, how do I know a rule a tmod should know by now as a player?