Player issues

wolf2297

1 hour ago, Terrry said:

So first off 5 printer racks isnt that much. You can get that pretty quickly from just buying them from players. Now secondly, being admins has nothing to do with basing. If anything its harder to both moderate and base. 

litereally this lol... ive had ppl wait till i take a sit and then raid me, its pretty difficult to base and also watch the server..

Yes, this is an issue. No, it's not with staff all the base network used to not be staff the issue is that the majority of raiders/basers took the time to perfect it all base in one group and bully the fuck out of new player bases just for a little bit of ents @Terrry. Raiding and basing are completely different than other servers, but once you take the time to learn it you will see it provides a much more unique system than most darkrp servers. I would compare this style of basing/raiding to something like base wars or purge where your props are not permanent defenses that grant you high power but a temporary advantage that you can use to capitalize on people's mistake. Also, when people say five printer racks isn't a lot, I think we completely forget what others have to work with and that they can't just go around and raid everyone or have the funds starting off to buy people ents like that. On top of that, once they do put in the risk of investing in other players' money-making entities, they are overwhelmed by the leading basing network. Basing years ago used to be a lot more alive, but usually in the present time titsrp you will see 1 or 2 bases that are usually two big groups who are rivals, and then near the end of the day, you will see only 1 base which holds 95% of the players entities. Raiding/Basing is so different. With little introduction, it leaves players clueless, and when people come around and fuck up new players, they tend to leave because they have no idea what happened to them.  A detailed guide of the different tools of raiding and the types of bases that are bad vs good I would say to be beneficial to the new player base, but that is something that we depend on @Rubikor @KDawg to do, maybe there can also be a new player grace period of like 1-3 days after their initial join date to adapt to the new style and get some starting money.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mori said:

Yes, this is an issue. No, it's not with staff all the base network used to not be staff the issue is that the majority of raiders/basers took the time to perfect it all base in one group and bully the fuck out of new player bases just for a little bit of ents @Terrry. Raiding and basing are completely different than other servers, but once you take the time to learn it you will see it provides a much more unique system than most darkrp servers. I would compare this style of basing/raiding to something like base wars or purge where your props are not permanent defenses that grant you high power but a temporary advantage that you can use to capitalize on people's mistake. Also, when people say five printer racks isn't a lot, I think we completely forget what others have to work with and that they can't just go around and raid everyone or have the funds starting off to buy people ents like that. On top of that, once they do put in the risk of investing in other players' money-making entities, they are overwhelmed by the leading basing network. Basing years ago used to be a lot more alive, but usually in the present time titsrp you will see 1 or 2 bases that are usually two big groups who are rivals, and then near the end of the day, you will see only 1 base which holds 95% of the players entities. Raiding/Basing is so different. With little introduction, it leaves players clueless, and when people come around and fuck up new players, they tend to leave because they have no idea what happened to them.  A detailed guide of the different tools of raiding and the types of bases that are bad vs good I would say to be beneficial to the new player base, but that is something that we depend on @Rubikor @KDawg to do, maybe there can also be a new player grace period of like 1-3 days after their initial join date to adapt to the new style and get some starting money.

Refrain from mentioning me thank you. 

• Sad Clown 1

When I based commonly before becoming staff last year, social and basing were mixed often, because you had lots of players wanting to hang out in a base for 5 hours and just talk, while like 2 or 3 were making money. Most bases would thrive because raiding was somewhat uncommon. The idea of "what's the point of raiding when there is 8 people in the base to shoot you with" resulted in sillier raiding methods coming back to light (trains becoming more relevant, owning doors and kicking people out, insiding/stealing, etc.). I believe people realized that they could make money themselves while still hitting the social aspects, in a less skill demanding way, is what started the decline of basing/raiding. More and more ways of making money are introduced (XP grinding, buying/selling items, battlepasses) that provide alternate ways to make money, albeit slower, but are social friendly, and no offense to basers/raiders, more enjoyable, in my personal opinion.

If I can offer a fix, it's this. High knowledge raiders, chill out and let the less experience players base for a while. Let them get a taste for basing and they will pop up everywhere. Nobody will raid, because everyone will be focused on basing with raiding not being a threat. Eventually, these less experience players are going to figure out basing and will want to raid because they are comfortable. They start to raid. They learn how to raid, by practice. Now there would be more players for high knowledge raiders/basers to teach and go against, because more people have a want to do it. Basically, reset the meta for a little while, so they can have the opportunity to learn.

Not naming names here but yeah Silver (Mori) is spot on. When the vets basically do more than bully the new guys it drives people off the server. Granted it's basically a new dude or 2 versus what is usually 2-4 guys raiding a base with legendary guns, talis and food when they're defending most of the time completely vanilla or worse have their guns dropped from that bs grenade.

Basically when it's the equivalent of throwing rocks at a tank there's only going to be one guy winning. It's not fun it's just a matter of how long can you hold out. It's why I stopped basing myself as a whole and only did the BattlePass

(btw @superadmins make it so there's no basing related BPs it sucks to actually complete when you can't even base for 20 minutes at a time without being fucked over)

12 hours ago, Coconut Overflow said:

High knowledge raiders, chill out and let the less experience players base for a while. Let them get a taste for basing and they will pop up everywhere

If they are never raided they will never know that they dont know how to base properly and keep doing what they are doing. A lot of new players just have subway surfer brainrot and actively choose to not learn how to base after being raided a few (or one) times. Saying that people only stick around when not being raided is silly considering all of us were new players once. I would be raided on cooldown by players who were better than me multiple years ago but I chose to keep playing. If new players don't want to do this then no amount of letting them base for free will make them actually want to deal with raiding later on when they do have money. Also buff raiding and access to raiding tools.

• Like 1

I'll start by addressing the easiest part of this thread to tackle. The player count thing is normally cyclical. In fact, I'm actually surprised that it took this long for the player numbers to get back down to usual school year numbers. As a general rule, the server usually stays at 50-75 players throughout the school year with numbers often spiking during holiday times. There's more I want to say on this subject, but it's a conversation for a different time. If in the middle of July the numbers are still like this, then I'll 100% be back to talk my shit (as @Rubikknows :3).

Moving on to the new track this thread has taken. Basing. Oh boy basing. If you type basing in the search bar, you get 1108 results over 45 pages (dating back to 2015 when the server first started). It's a hot button topic that's been discussed the entire existence of TitsRP. For the purposes of this thread I'll define "basing" as basing with entities to earn rpcash. Just to separate entity basing from kidnap basing.

All that being said, I strongly disagree with the direction this thread is taking. Quite frankly @Terrryand his basing buddies are not responsible for the current decline in the server's population at all. The current basing "meta" (if you can even call it that) is not responsible for the current decline in the server's population. If the basing meta was that significant an issue, this place would have died years ago.

The basing meta cannibalized itself due to years of neglect and those eggs have now come home to roost. Think about the number of "basing is dead" threads or "raiding is dead" threads that have popped up over the past year or so. Despite that, the server was still pulling 100+ a night.

Maybe (just maybe) a lot of players don't find basing fun anymore? I know a lot of people (myself included) that straight up do not base. There's a lot more to do on the server than base. Does the server even revolve around basing? I'm pretty sure that the Mayor and cops are the new main focal point of activity. Hell, you ask the cp mains, they'll tell you that playing cp earns the most money outside of basing.

Most of these basing threads (and the aftermath) follow a loop: The basing meta is broken. -> Players propose changes to the basing meta. -> The proposed changes get largely shut down by the hardcore basers who benefit the most from the current meta. -> Almost nothing changes -> Players stop basing and explore other activities on the server. -> The newer players who actually want to base notice that no one really bases anymore (You are here) -> The basing meta is broken.

The issues with basing have festered for years, but the server population has remained stable. It's not basing, trust me. It's a combination of several factors.. The main factor is just the time of year.

5 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Most of these basing threads (and the aftermath) follow a loop: The basing meta is broken. -> Players propose changes to the basing meta. -> The proposed changes get largely shut down by the hardcore basers who benefit the most from the current meta. -> Almost nothing changes -> Players stop basing and explore other activities on the server. -> The newer players who actually want to base notice that no one really bases anymore (You are here) -> The basing meta is broken.

heavy disagree. If you are saying its cyclical then the cycle lasts literally forever as consistent basing has been down for more than 2 years now. Raiding has been made harder with every update to it, and basing has been made less worthwhile as the amount of money it gives for each individual ent has shrunk( anyone who argues that making drugs with 40 plots gives you a lot of money is retarded and ignoring that a 1 person base with proc, print, bitminer, and plots make marginally less than it used to, making it much worse for new players). This has lead to less and less new people basing, and raiding, also leading to old players stopping basing as it's incredibly boring to afk base with no raids ever, and most of the old players dont go to do other stuff on the server, they just completely quit. They then either log on every few days to weeks so they can keep CC items or dont log on for months or years. I think adding back in fun sweps that were very common on old titsrp (2015-2017) could help as that added a ton of variety to raiding and basing aside from just being the same shit over and over. Also almost every change that gets push back is literally just someone saying "raiding is op" "no its not" yes it is" "okay then raid me" "no i wont" and thats the entire convo on loop 24/7. If the change was actually good no one would argue with it.

• Like 1