Jump to content

Coconut Overflow

Verified

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

DarkRP Server Rules

Forum Rules & Guidelines

DarkRP Server Rules (Compat Test)

rules-compact-manual

Everything posted by Coconut Overflow

  1. One reason some pets are deemed unfair is because most players aren't provided an avenue to obtain that same buff or bonus, or that pet's function within in game means. A great example of a fair pet is Ocelot, because Boots of Speed/food buffs provide that same buff on demand. A good direction for TitsRP would be giving players ways to obtain most of the pet buffs within other means. For example, a temporary fishing buff that makes fishing 25% faster, that does not stack with the Fishe pet. It could behave similar to Galaxy Gas, lasting 30 minutes.
  2. I think it's common sense to agree on this, it stinks when a game you love has updates you don't agree with. How else is content going to improve? However, I believe it's a fair balance of taking in critique and keeping to the original plot of the server. Creating content with a passion is all I'm asking, which should also be common sense. I'd personally play content pushed out created with love then something created to appeal masses (pet boxes I'm looking at you). Like where's the 2025 memes? Maxwell went hard, server needs like Tralalero Tralalala or a fight where a buncha players fight 1 gorilla. That would fix it. (sarcasm pls don't downvote)
  3. I believe Rubik should just do what he's most passionate about, and the real ones will follow. It's good to gauge what the community wants from time to time, but too much gets you stuck, doubting your every update, and posting safe stuff to please the community. I just want to see Rubik's love and soul forged into content he likes. That's it. If people like it, awesome! If not, darn.
  4. I agree. I've never seen player amounts to that extreme (at over a year span) basing at one spot or heck, even basing in general, but I do get your point. I guess my main attitude is, instead of nerfing it, maybe just make the other side strong enough that it could take on that level of play with enough skill knowledge. There was one time where Silver wanted a group I was basing with at the time and I to raid a base. We all failed horribly, maybe getting 1 kill on outsiders but, Silver swept the entire base. It was one of the most badass things I've ever seen. The kill feed just popping up with kills, and soon enough, he won the raid basically by himself. Imagine the potential for things like that to happen were increased through various changes like changing bases to only be defendable if you are on doors and boosting the power of raiding. I don't think either of our answers are necessarily wrong either.
  5. Well this would be cool content for regular players, unless they are cheap, new players most likely won't be obtaining these. What if we like, started putting raid equipment on non-cc raiding classes, like a blowtorch?
  6. 11/16/2023 Basing Removed Must be behind dupe in order to defend waterfall base Removed this rule, because waterfall base is a public base, this rule doesn't make sense, because public bases are not raidable.
  7. I agree with a lot here. Boosting the new players ability to raid would benefit them a lot. One thing I feel highlights the issue, is your statement here: "(they still lose but again thats a skill issue)". You have been playing for years and years. It would take the average player quite some time to grasp raiding mechanics to a level that you have. There needs to be some motivation or want for these players to spend that time learning and grasping these mechanics. I don't believe nerfing basing numbers is the play now that I think about it, rather making raiding stronger so that players could raid a base with lots of people inside, if done well enough. The potential for a raider or two to be able to clean up a base of 6 would be epic. Buffing up raiding tools, making raiding/basing more interesting and attracting to new players to want to learn the skills, is how I feel on the current meta.
  8. 11/11/23 Modified: Player Toxicity Drama Causing or contributing to drama will be issued a verbal warning to take it out of the server. If continued, the players involved in contributing will be banned for a up to a month depending on the severity of the situation Removed: Drama Moved Drama to toxicity guideline. Like the previous change, staff members should be punishing for player toxicity, then adding a note specifying Drama (additionally any context if needed)
  9. 11/1/23 Modified: Player Toxicity Pedophile accusations/comments (First offense) warn - 1 week ban depending on situation (second offense) 2 week ban no chance of appeal (third offense/Pedophile comments) 6 months to perma ban depending on situation -Side note use best judgement to determine the appropriate punishment. Sometimes players might be immature and just start calling everyone a pedo. This isn't worth of a perma ban. Ex: (Player X says that another player is a pedo because he has a bit-minor: warn for player toxicity with addnote) Ex:(Player X makes a vulgar joke/statement regarding pedophilia on first offense: 1 week ban with addnote) Ex:(Player X actively engages in pedophilic behavior: perma ban with !addnote) Removed: Pedophile accusations/comments Easy change here, just moving the Pedophile accusation/comments section under player toxicity, so that the guideline player toxicity would encompass pedophile accusation/comments, as it should. A proper !addnote should always be added to player toxicity bans that have pedophile/accusations and comments, displaying how many offenses the player is at currently (First offense, second offense, third offense) as usual.
  10. REMOVED: Q: Assuming everyone is available, if you have a question about the rules or punishments, which rank would you go to for help? A: Moderator ADDED: Q: How would you go about receiving help if you have a question about the rules/punishments? A: Look for these answers: @ chat, tmod-help, and lastly if no one is responding attempt to go to dm's with an smod+. You can also inform them they can ping any rank in tmod-help if nobody is responding.
  11. Mayor Rules +Added You may NOT make jaywalking laws, or any laws that require players to move/not move in a certain way. Examples of GOOD Laws +Removed Jaywalking will result in a $500 fine, cross at street corners/the crosswalks we have placed Examples of BAD laws +Changed Jaywalking is AOS (no crosswalks or examples given for legal street crossing) > Jaywalking will result in a $500 fine, cross at street corners/the crosswalks we have placed +Changed Sprinting is a 5k fine/AOS > Sprinting/Jumping/Flying/Crouching is AOS/5k fine Hey everyone! Coconut Overflow here with an update on cops. After a suggestion vote on the discord with overwhelming support, jaywalking has been removed entirely as a law that can be made. The mayor is not allowed to place any law that restricts movement as well, such as jumping, flying (free my bird homies), crouching, sprinting, etc.
  12. Updates to the MOTD are as follows: ADDED: Your adverts must not be misleading and are required to be at the end of the message with (). Ex: Cops are stinky! (PD RAID) We re-added the rule about misleading adverts and made it more descriptive. Gives a proper example of what we are looking for in an advert.
  13. F A M I L Y . (also happy fourth of July everybody, be safe, don't explode)
  14. During the month of June, it's a great time to remind ourselves that we are all unique in the ways we think, we act, and behave. Just because someone may have different preferences, appearance, or lifestyle, doesn't mean that it is incorrect or wrong. We should be rather supporting these differences, because those differences are what makes us, us. I also want to say I appreciate the LGBTQ+ community as a whole for their strides and efforts, and you for making this post, Hex. Happy Pride Month errybody!
  15. Wow, what a great joke! 10/10.
  16. Ello! You forgot about two of my favorites! -What's the point? -What's the use?
  17. Incredible suggestion, thank you
  18. Good educational post. I was not aware of Autism Speaks being so anti-autism. I have two brothers both diagnosed with autism, and they went through the same thing you describe. The masking of the autism and trying to normalize them instead of focusing on their strengths, was rough on them. Appreciate the info!
  19. Welcome back! It's good to see ya! If ya need any help in game definitely feel free to hit me up
  20. Please subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/@MonkeyBurger for quality titsrp content
  21. If you can set him as co-owner or to still have access, that would be dope. Thanks.
  22. https://prnt.sc/xhfgt5 This screen shot should solve everything aha. Yes, he was my co-owner.
  23. Darn, that command claims I do not have a custom class. However, I have plenty of screen shots uploaded on steam of my class and the various guns it had equipped. I wish I had one of the class shop/editor, but the best I could do is this image. It was me getting the rights to the Bianchi on my custom class. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948527259 EDIT: Also, when you type /wickett , it says "This job is for Coconut Overflow!" ...if that isn't enough lol
  24. Hey! I have no idea if anyone will remember me here, but I thought I'd try anyways. My name is Coconut Overflow, or Wickett Tickett as some knew. I used to be a moderator here about 3 years ago, and I enjoyed playing here! I recently bought a PC after not having one for more than 2 years, and I wanted to get back into gmod again. However, I have noticed my custom class was gone. A very helpful moderator by the name of Yike mentioned that I should make a post here, where higher staff are very active. I have included some screenshots of the class. I was the original owner of the class (one of the only screenshots I could find, me doing mod things). My steamID is STEAM_0:0:40538905. Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...