Block button

VoN

2 minutes ago, CaptainT said:

It was a serious question I had wondered if you were wanting changes further than limiting player communication to prevent other instances of targetting . 

I'm for it. It doesn't have to be crazy either. I just feel like waiting until someone shit talks you over and over in chat and THEN repeatedly needing to mute someone is just a huge game of cat and more that can be avoided. If either player (harassed/harasser) going offline, it completely voids the mute. Not only this, but even rules state that excessive language (in this case relating to derogatory terms, nobody's getting banned over saying fuck. If that were the case I would be F-U-C-K-E-D lmao) should be avoided. Not all staff has/does follow(ed) these the same way though and I think that in itself has caused some miscommunication errors which is a topic within itself, but if players were given. More efficient mute/block feature/ etc, it's possible that some of these situations could be avoided. 

I'm not saying this is going to solve it, either. Sometimes things don't work out. That's life... however I would like to remind EVERYBODY that things cannot get better if we do not move forward and evolve our ways of doing things.

disable ooc disable private messaging disable adverts disable e warning disable text screens disable boombox custom youtube video links (should only be from verified music people) what if someone uses boomboxs to say your name in chinese disable names disable models disable everyone disable c4 disable basing disable gmod

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cobaselic said:

Player A hides themselves from Player B. Player B then tries to raid Player A's base at some point and is mowed down by an invisible player.

Please read the suggestion. This is not related to hiding player models. It is for chat.

• Thanks 1
  • crybaby -1 1

Guest CaptainT
1 minute ago, Gilgamesh said:

Please read the suggestion. This is not related to hiding player models. It is for chat.

Hes not going to 

Guest CaptainT
2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh said:

True. Don't think these staff members give a shit at this point

True and its not just this suggestion its everything

We are not going to turn a suggestion into a back and forth fight. Fight about situations in pms. This suggestion is fine. I wouldn't mind adding a feature that disallows anon chat to be visible if you block someone. It should also stick when you relog from the server.

I will be locking this as it's a good suggestion but I'm tired of threads being flamed by the same people over and over.

I'll bring this up to my superiors we want to make it easier for players to deal with harassment. If this is a way to make people happier I'm all for it.

Edited by LeGerbs
  • Like 1

I fixed an issue with the new tab menu that prevented voice mutes from saving on relog/reboot. Persistent voice mutes have been a thing for a while but this feature was never added to the new scoreboard. Persistent text chat mutes might cause issues with adverts, sits, etc. Most disputes are resolved through communication and blocking all text chat forever would make this impossible. 

• Like 3