Block button

VoN

Along with the mute voice/chat, add a block button that completely hides yourself from the people you block within the tab/player menu.

Aswell as blocking anons/chat for the people that you block.

I personally believe this is a much better solution for dealing with text harassment. But I'm interested in hearing what you guys think aswell.

Though I'm not entirely sure how possible it is to implement.

• Like 5
  • crybaby -1 6

Hey,

I don't think this would hurt anyone or anything and I think this would be a great solution to distancing players who don't get along on the server. I don't see an issue with this.

+1

Edited by Dreadmore
I sounded like smeagle "great solutions"
  • Like 1

I personally really like this idea. As someone (among plenty of others, I'm sure) are targets of some pretty nasty  harassment for seemingly no reason at times. Staff will always go ahead and tell you to mute, but what happens when a player is not only extremely disgusting, but also very persistent? It becomes a problem that extends to not just the player, but as staff as complained SO many times about dealing with sits on harassment when they could "simply mute them" (plot twist, this doesn't fucking work like people would like to think).

Mutes reset. A block won't. You can block people in steam, but that does NOT remove them from being able to interact with you in game (unless of course you're constantly checking to see if they're online just to avoid interacting with them) and this can lead to some serious paranoia. I would know, during whole weeks where people who targeted me were constantly getting online and causing problems, even if I said something very minuscule in chat relating to the conversations. 

Players should not have to be looking over their shoulder just trying to enjoy a server that they truly love playing due to a few players wanting to lock onto someone.  I certainly don't enjoy it, but I would enjoy having more stress-free game sessions where the only tense situations should be in-game scenarios. I know I'll feel a lot more comfortable being to avoid interacting with players that genuinely make me feel unsafe, and we can leave muting for people who are just plain annoying and we don't wanna listen to for that time, as the mute button was intended to be used.

So HUGE +1 for me on this, and seriously, a fantastic suggestion!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheRealHex said:

I personally really like this idea. As someone (among plenty of others, I'm sure) are targets of some pretty nasty  harassment for seemingly no reason at times. Staff will always go ahead and tell you to mute, but what happens when a player is not only extremely disgusting, but also very persistent? It becomes a problem that extends to not just the player, but as staff as complained SO many times about dealing with sits on harassment when they could "simply mute them" (plot twist, this doesn't fucking work like people would like to think).

Mutes reset. A block won't. You can block people in steam, but that does NOT remove them from being able to interact with you in game (unless of course you're constantly checking to see if they're online just to avoid interacting with them) and this can lead to some serious paranoia. I would know, during whole weeks where people who targeted me were constantly getting online and causing problems, even if I said something very minuscule in chat relating to the conversations. 

Players should not have to be looking over their shoulder just trying to enjoy a server that they truly love playing due to a few players wanting to lock onto someone.  I certainly don't enjoy it, but I would enjoy having more stress-free game sessions where the only tense situations should be in-game scenarios. I know I'll feel a lot more comfortable being to avoid interacting with players that genuinely make me feel unsafe, and we can leave muting for people who are just plain annoying and we don't wanna listen to for that time, as the mute button was intended to be used.

So HUGE +1 for me on this, and seriously, a fantastic suggestion!

100% relatable and the entire reason as to why I'm making this suggestion in the first place. Being told 'just mute them and ignore it', is incredibly insensitive honestly. If staff won't do anything about blatant harassment, then atleast implement features where us players can act on it ourselves, just so we can play the server without feeling stressed out. Because after all, we're all here to have a good time and get away from life shit. We don't really need more negativity.

Thanks for the response!

4 minutes ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

is this supposed to make them invisible ingame aswell or something ?

what happens if i want to block someone who made it so i cant see them on the tab menu ?

blocking should not show anons from that person tho i agree

Not making them invisible ingame as that'd be easily abused. It's only for chat hiding & hiding both users in the tab menu.

In terms of being blocked and you can't block them, maybe a chat command could help. Example being /block Gilgamesh

OR, if you block someone, it applies to them aswell?

Edited by Gilgamesh

so block is just an improved mute feature?

make mute also work for !p and other stuff, along with persisting after reconnecting. not too sure why the hiding in tab menu is necessary. could be very annoying when u cant find who is on a certain job, grab someones steamid etc, also just means raiders/basers will block eachother to appear offline so they dont get raided, and for raiders they can block so that the basers cant prepare for a picolas cage train/kings assassain/anything that involves a job

other than that, this really isnt an issue that needs stuff implemented into the server, maybe just retrain/add more staff guidelines on player harassment. issue with this is that it becomes incredibly petty very easily when players report any and every insult to staff under the mindset of it being harassment, and now that player is not allowed to interact with them without the risk of any future report resulting in a harsh punishment over 0. for people who are actually harassed, if you're seriously being harassed u should be able to get some evidence of it and make a forums report or ingame report with the evidence and staff as they currently are will take it and warn/ban the user depending on severity. if you're struggling to find proof that someone's harassing you, are they actually that bad or are you caring too much about someone else?

Edited by Tene
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad Clown 1

14 minutes ago, Tene said:

so block is just an improved mute feature?

make mute also work for !p and other stuff, along with persisting after reconnecting. not too sure why the hiding in tab menu is necessary. could be very annoying when u cant find who is on a certain job, grab someones steamid etc, also just means raiders/basers will block eachother to appear offline so they dont get raided, and for raiders they can block so that the basers cant prepare for a picolas cage train/kings assassain/anything that involves a job

other than that, this really isnt an issue that needs stuff implemented into the server, maybe just retrain/add more staff guidelines on player harassment. issue with this is that it becomes incredibly petty very easily when players report any and every insult to staff under the mindset of it being harassment, and now that player is not allowed to interact with them without the risk of any future report resulting in a harsh punishment over 0. for people who are actually harassed, if you're seriously being harassed u should be able to get some evidence of it and make a forums report or ingame report with the evidence and staff as they currently are will take it and warn/ban the user depending on severity. if you're struggling to find proof that someone's harassing you, are they actually that bad or are you caring too much about someone else?

I don't think the hiding in tab is necessary but it would not cause any problems if it was only on the person who blocked that person. If player A blocked Player B then Player A couldn't see it but Player B could.

I think honestly having a client side mute persist through reconnecting would be an apt solution though and including anon and /p etc

• Like 1