Block button

VoN

Just now, GoatNuts said:

yes, and i do believe that this would cause more issues than the ones they would solve, making yourself invisible to someone leaves a HUGE oportunity for exploiting

Not once have I stated the intention of this suggestion was to make users invisible. It's for chat only.

40 minutes ago, Tene said:

if you're seriously being harassed u should be able to get some evidence of it and make a forums report or ingame report with the evidence and staff as they currently are will take it and warn/ban the user depending on severity

See I don't care for this take because, as you have also been a witness to this harassment directed towards me and the first thing you did was essentially telling me to "get over it". This is a POV more staff take and completely disregards the rules stating that it is NOT ALLOWED. I don't understand how it's so hard to just deal with these sits and if they can't get their shit together, fucking ban them like they rightfully should be. Why have rules to make player experiences better if nobody gives a fuck? 

To some of you it may truly seem like not such a big deal, but some people genuinely love playing on the server but can't have fun because people want to be cruel as shit for no reason other than "It's a game". This is not good enough.  Why can't people be decent enough to not say disgusting shit?? Why can't they keep it to themselves so the rest of us don't have to deal with it? This entire fucking topic could be avoided if people would just be decent human beings but yet here we are, dealing with them.

I'm sure you've seen all the reports I've made and how 99% have been accepted. Why?? Because I'd compiled evidence and got them accepted, and yet it persists after warns and bans. How would you feel in this case?

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh said:

Not once have I stated the intention of this suggestion was to make users invisible. It's for chat only.

Oh if its for chat then yeah go for it, i thought u meant making you invisible to them, as in your model being invisible to them

Edited by GoatNuts

17 minutes ago, The Worst Dad said:

If you feel you are being harassed, I will always implore you to gather evidence of such a thing and either make a sit or a report on the forums. These things can not be acted upon without you taking the first step and making the report. But I will also tell you now, that you need to just stop interacting with these people, mute, and report them.  Stop adding fuel to the flames if you're being targeted by responding and flaming them back. As this will either not help your case, or make things spiral even more out of control. 

I understand it can be annoying, it can get heated, and whatever else. But you ultimately control your own words and actions. So gather evidence, and make the reports. Otherwise no one can genuinely help you out with things like this.

I am just saying this solves nothing , people bitch about toxicity in discord and on forums. Adding a feature to block and hide in game text or chat would solve a lot of problems, makes it easier for staff and reduces the drama in ooc or discord . 

Unless you guys like the drama in that case keep it the way it is.

Edited by CaptainT

4 minutes ago, CaptainT said:

I am just saying this solves nothing , people bitch about toxicity in discord and on forums. Adding a feature to block and hide in game text or chat would solve a lot of problems, makes it easier for staff and reduces the drama in ooc or discord . 

Unless you guys like the drama in that case keep it the way it is.

Most of the people that are refuting this suggestion are unsurprisingly the people who start the most.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh said:

Most of the people that are refuting this suggestion are unsurprisingly the people who start the most.

its a simple fix for staff and players idk how they can disagree with it. Obviously they are not having much success picking and choosing what is considered "toxicity" .  Simple solution for both staff and players def should be implemented

10 minutes ago, TheRealHex said:

See I don't care for this take because, as you have also been a witness to this harassment directed towards me and the first thing you did was essentially telling me to "get over it". This is a POV more staff take and completely disregards the rules stating that it is NOT ALLOWED. I don't understand how it's so hard to just deal with these sits and if they can't get their shit together, fucking ban them like they rightfully should be. Why have rules to make player experiences better if nobody gives a fuck? 

not true at all ive accepted many of ur harassment cases and punished the guys accordingly. and most of them to my knowledge have stopped/stopped whenever i was online. YOU are the one who stirs up shit in chat with people that are 'harassing' you, and because of that I can't treat it as though you are completely innocent and are just being bullied, so I give them a verbal or a warning and also tell you to stop replying. None of your harassment reports (except DING DONG DITCH) would exist if you had just muted the guy with the current mute feature, which is what staff tell you to do after you call a report/make a forums report (because you didn't think to do that in the first place, again, because you like to stir it up by replying)

11 minutes ago, CaptainT said:

Adding a feature to block and hide in game text or chat would solve a lot of problems, makes it easier for staff and reduces the drama in ooc or discord . 

this alr exists with the mute feature.. just improve the mute feature instead of adding stuff that can be abused a ton more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • cmonBruh 1

1 minute ago, CaptainT said:

its a simple fix for staff and players idk how they can disagree with it. Obviously they are not having much success picking and choosing what is considered "toxicity" .  Simple solution for both staff and players def should be implemented

Yep. It's incredibly easy for someone to view a situation and interpret it differently from the other party. If someone genuinely feels like they're isolated and are being harassed, then something should be done about it. And if nothing can be done about it staff-wise, let us have the ability to take measures ourselves. It's shitty, and it's a good reason why a ton of people quit the server.