Should jokes/accusations relating to zoophilia be taken as seriously as jokes/accusations related to pedophilia/grooming?

YeenNico

Open discussion, please don't argue! Something I've noticed on the server is that zoophile jokes & accusations aren't taken as seriously as jokes/accusations related to pedophilia. Joking about pedophilia or accusing other people of being pedophiles without proof is a bannable offense obviously, for a good reason. But regarding zoophilia, I've lost count of the amount of times I've been told that I fuck dogs, want to fuck dogs, or have been told to go fuck dogs or just be outright called a zoophile because I'm a furry. It's relatively discomforting to immediately receive that label simply because of, I dunno how to word it- identification stuff, I guess. There's people out there that automatically link being a furry to being a zoophile, but that's a whole different discussion. I'm not trying to play the victim card here but it's very uncomfortable being called a dog fucker/zoophile all the time by toxic retards. I feel like in regards to ethics and morality zoophilia and pedophilia are on the same par of things in regarding to being downright horrible and heinous, so why aren't false zoophile accusations taken as seriously as false pedo accusations? It's made me wonder- should false zoophile accusations be taken as seriously as false pedophile accusations in the sense that they're bannable? Personally I could care less about generic, retarded furry insults, but being called a zoophile/dog fucker is the only thing that genuinely makes me uncomfortable. Just wondering. I've also attached some images of someone calling me a dog fucker literally today, like twenty minutes ago so that people know I'm not some deranged schizo.spacer.png

• crybaby -1 5

9 minutes ago, KKStoner said:

Joking about fucking animals should not be allowed either if this where to be made a no go. (no double standards here), it also makes people uncomfortable

Absolutely, I one-hundred percent agree with this. 

• crybaby -1 2

4 hours ago, KKStoner said:

Joking about fucking animals should not be allowed either if this where to be made a no go. (no double standards here), it also makes people uncomfortable

Furries make most people including myself uncomfortable; the idea of banning jokes makes me uncomfortable. doesn't mean we perm ban these people, its called real life, you adapt around it not the otherway around

Accusing someone of being a pedophile has actual real life reproductions whereas someone thinking you're an idiot for playing dress up in dog costumes doesn't. 

You can't get jail time or get fired from your job because someone told you, you fuck dogs. 

All furries are is a dumb group of people with a weird kink. You don't see people with foot fetishes creating an entire cult like group. Why? Because it's weird and they will get made fun of because of it.

Mute buttons exist.

Why is this server turning into a worse version of VrChat

Edited by LeGerbs
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • thumbdown -1 4

Im sick of seeing sexually charged messages in ooc whatsoever.

The only people in ooc talking like that in the first place are literally the children of the community.

When you see someone named "cumblast420" you immediately know, that it isn't an adult its a literal child and that makes me incredibly uncomfortable. 

If we are going to have a mixed community of minors and adults we should not allow sexual expression in any way.

There is zero room for saying anything of a sexual nature when you do not know who may be hearing you on the other side of the screen and vice versa.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

scrutiny

17 minutes ago, LeGerbs said:

Accusing someone of being a pedophile has actual real life reproductions whereas someone thinking you're an idiot for playing dress up in dog costumes doesn't. 

You can't get jail time or get fired from your job because someone told you, you fuck dogs. 

Mute buttons exist.

Why is this server turning into a worse version of VrChat

Yes there is no social repercussions (lmao reproductions) for being a furry. you dont get outcasted, insulted and treated like an outcast, this is clearly seen by the way how everyone treats OP. Oh wait there is! You cannot get jail time or fired from your job becuase someone made a pedophile joke against you, if anything they would be under scrutiny. there are no reproductions (xD) from jokes what your talking about is accusations which is completely different and not what we are talking about. Mute button does stop over people hearing the accusation (which is what your talking about (we are not) and wouldnt stop the slader so where is the logic there? none of you points make any sense, most don't hold any relevence to what we are talking about get your head check mate

• Blue. locked this topic