should this be allowed?

Wilhelm Panderino

kingdom area   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be allowed?

• yes
    • no

Is it fair to build a killbox around kingdom portal? Ive been seeing these more often lately and a lot of people including staff tend to look over it and even participate in stuff like this. All you need is 1 person manning it at all times and the kingdom is completely unraidable. A c4 must be placed while inside the kingdom which would be impossible as you spawn in surrounded by a wall of combine fences. If you run out of the portal, technically your raid will be over as you left the raid area. I know that something was implemented to stop building around the portal (disabling the spawning of props around the portal) but this didnt seem to solve anything at all. I feel like a rule regarding the kingdom should definitely be added making it so there must be an open space when entering the kingdom. Note the screenshot below. What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/KLaqLLC

52 minutes ago, Jewann said:

This ^ I was there and was victim to getting absolutely wrecked by Jewann, Sixnut and Co.

It is very possible to raid, it looks more difficult than it actually is. Not to say that it is easy by any means but it’s also not impossible. 

What part exactly do you want to ban? One way materials? Fences? Shooting through holes? 

What do do you mean by open area? Your screenshot looks like an open area to me, it was approved by the admins because you can freely leave once you enter and won’t get you stuck in any props.

If you have a specific suggestion on how you want to change up basing feel free to make them, but this post just sounds like you’re mad you couldn’t raid someone’s base. 

This is also nothing new, I’ve seen it since we added the kingdom. I’ve successfully raided these kinds of bases before.

Edit:
This kingdom base would go down with a single C4. My small and simple crouch dupe (mayor's office) has never been raided with less than 3 C4 and regularly fails to get raided/revolted with just me defending myself with an unenchanted magnum sniper. If you want to argue about bases being too hard to raid, I think you should aim a little lower.

Edited by Walter the Assaulter
  • Like 2
  • cmonBruh 1

5 hours ago, Cobaselic said:

which that does look to be outside of the barrier, it's completely fine

11 hours ago, Dan Mcstubbins said:

Looks fine to me. As long as they can enter and exit kingdom freely and the dupe follows basing rules (not a blackout base, no more than three fading doors, no exploits.) Its gucci.

He's asking if it should be allowed, not if it is allowed.

im kinda on the fence about this, because while it is possible to raid, i dont know if it should be as hard as it is.

Literally would need to spend more money than it likely is worth trying, Jewann needed a jetpack, armor packs, a leggy, his sword and a trisha launcher. And that's him KNOWING what to go for in that base. As a regular player that doesn't play the game like it's their fucking job it's dumb to allow a box around the portal at all like this. Why? Well, as Jewann said it's pretty hard; I mean really if you have dudes who are trying to raid right but are completely surrounded on all sides you don't have a way of attack. Let alone with what you said @Walter the Assaulter and using a C4. You can't use a C4 because the box is wide open and you'd be killed before you can even place it down.

I even thought I heard Kilo say before that "kill boxes aren't allowed" this is basically a kill box. Furthering on from this you have to take into account you have to advert raid now. So you literally don't get the chance to get in before someone knows you're coming.

I recommend allowing a solid wall where it is drawn from the entrance of the Kings Land structure to the outer walls. That way they could at least get some sort of cover to even attempt a proper raid.