A moment of silence for proc farming

The Herbalist

If you steal a processor from someone should you be able to keep it?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If you steal a processor from someone should you be able to keep it?

• Yes, it's mine now
    • No, it belongs to whoever bought it

This poll is closed to new votes

I've been moving away from basing because it gets boring sitting in a room and guarding your things for hours, but this severely affects the people that do proc farm. As mentioned before me, this makes procs pretty much useless and discourages basing and therefore raiding.

you just said basing is boring tho? and if you potentially have to get some new stuff in 4 hours after you lose it how does it discourage raiding?

take a chill pill and stop stressing yourselves out over literally nothing

It interferes with my criminal roleplay. If sugar doesn't start bowing down to us soon there will be a civil war.

I've been moving away from basing because it gets boring sitting in a room and guarding your things for hours, but this severely affects the people that do proc farm. As mentioned before me, this makes procs pretty much useless and discourages basing and therefore raiding.

you just said basing is boring tho? and if you potentially have to get some new stuff in 4 hours after you lose it how does it discourage raiding?

take a chill pill and stop stressing yourselves out over literally nothing

I think I misunderstood this change. I thought that the proc would randomly despawn. 

Saying that it doesn't discourage raiding is fair but in the long run it isn't WORTH raiding for processors since a c4 is worth 150k and a blowtorch if lost is 400-500k,  if players can despawn their processors most of the time if you've raided someone who's based a realistic 1-2 hours you probably won't make the money you spent raiding back if they despawn it when the timer is done. Now if its just not worth raiding there is no reason to do it. Also remember that this is only if you are going to make your money back, not if you are going to get profit from it.

I think you're all worrying about nothing for the most part. Unless you play for a significant amount of time per day then this shouldn't effect you.

As Peanut said "this probably affects a very small percentage of people unless you stole from someone who also farms them all day every day.". This change just prevents the richer from getting richer and the poorer getting poorer which I am trying to solve right now. The economy is too inflated and I am currently focused on lowering how money money you get. Once the economy is in a more ideal state then prices on other items in game can lower. I think it is stupid to get to a point where 1 mil is pretty easily obtainable. If you're a brand new player and you spend money on a processor and it gets stolen then you're fucked and you just hope that tomorrow is a new day.

I guess that a new player would probably just switch servers overall..maybe. But sure I will revert the change.

Edit: Also keep in mind that the person had to physically relog into the game and claim their items back. It didn't happen automatically. If they never logged back in then there would be no change.

I think you're all worrying about nothing for the most part. Unless you play for a significant amount of time per day then this shouldn't effect you.

As Peanut said "this probably affects a very small percentage of people unless you stole from someone who also farms them all day every day.". This change just prevents the richer from getting richer and the poorer getting poorer which I am trying to solve right now. The economy is too inflated and I am currently focused on lowering how money money you get. Once the economy is in a more ideal state then prices on other items in game can lower. I think it is stupid to get to a point where 1 mil is pretty easily obtainable. If you're a brand new player and you spend money on a processor and it gets stolen then you're fucked and you just hope that tomorrow is a new day.

I guess that a new player would probably just switch servers overall..maybe. But sure I will revert the change.

I think it's a good change and you did it for the right reasons, but if it's to be implemented procs will need a buff and the time should be increased a bit; 6/8 hours