Weapon damage bugged ?

1-800-Suicide

Bug 

Description: Guns are doing fluctuating amounts of damage, I have been 2 shot with a howl from full hp and half armor, saw in logs a g36 from a cop that did 94 damage and  some guns also ive seen do less damage

How to reproduce: I do not know I just noticed all guns were doing too much/too little damage. Good to note: seems like fire-rate stays the same and only damage is affected

Priority: High

Same here CPs keep 2 shooting me , I thought it was because of the JUGG mini gun but now that you say it , looks more like bad coding from Sugar a glitch .

Edit: Maybe CP jobs have access to headshot dmg .

I can confirm something weird is going on. I hit a cop with 14 shotgun blasts close range and 10 pistol shots and he still had over 60 health.

Edit:

I fucking melted someone with a silenced assault rifle and someone got me in three shots with full health and armor

22:51:42 Player Rigbe (Undercover Cop) attacked Walter the Assaulter (The Assaulter) with tfcss_hk416 for 87

I actually have 0 clue how this is happening, seems pretty serious too. Hopefully we get an answer sometime soon!

I actually have 0 clue how this is happening, seems pretty serious too. Hopefully we get an answer sometime soon!

I wanna add, i think maybe it’s related to CP jobs? i was on one and melted someone earlier too

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably pinned down to 3 things:

I recently changed how weapons spawned, before, they would fetch and inherit from the weapon base each and every time upon spawn but now they inherit from it and they don't fetch it since it's cached

No models besides the real models are mounted on the server, does this happen to default models? Try shooting someone like the gun dealer, medic / anyone in the Citizen jobs section and see if it does it there

Weapon damage is breaking for what ever reason in the CSS base. Does it only happen to guns on the CSS base? Try attacking people with weapons like the knifes, halo rifle and shotgun, ect. It could be related to enchanting too but I have to look into it

If it does glitch it out there then it can be from the inheritance which I can look at but I can probably make an easy fix

If you have any other info on how to reproduce it, let me know

"Weapon damage is breaking for what ever reason in the CSS base. Does it only happen to guns on the CSS base? Try attacking people with weapons like the knifes, halo rifle and shotgun, ect. It could be related to enchanting too but I have to look into it"

The Halo Rifle is suddenly OP too, it's hard to believe that it's supposed to 4 Shot people