Weapon damage bugged ?

1-800-Suicide

This is probably pinned down to 3 things:

I recently changed how weapons spawned, before, they would fetch and inherit from the weapon base each and every time upon spawn but now they inherit from it and they don't fetch it since it's cached

No models besides the real models are mounted on the server, does this happen to default models? Try shooting someone like the gun dealer, medic / anyone in the Citizen jobs section and see if it does it there

Weapon damage is breaking for what ever reason in the CSS base. Does it only happen to guns on the CSS base? Try attacking people with weapons like the knifes, halo rifle and shotgun, ect. It could be related to enchanting too but I have to look into it

If it does glitch it out there then it can be from the inheritance which I can look at but I can probably make an easy fix

If you have any other info on how to reproduce it, let me know

I tried it on a gundealer and the same thing happened also with the halo assault rifle

I have included a possible fix for the beta update but thinking about it, you guys might be shooting people in different body parts

When you shoot someone in the leg or arm, it does SIGNIFICANTLY less damage than it does to the head and the body. Shotguns are more apparent in this because they shoot more than 1 bullet. Say a shotgun shoots 6 bullets with 11 damage per shot for a max of 66 damage per attack

If 3 of your bullets hit the arm and it does 2 damage then you're down to 37 damage and if 4 of your bullets hit the other body parts and 2 of them miss then you're doing 8 damage

An example of this is here

and here

If you want, I can make it so all shots besides the head are the same, this may fix the issue but if this is the case and weapons aren't actually broken then this has been in the server for years

On the more technical side, I made it so if any addon that modified or fetches the weapon table, will use the slower function instead of the newer one but it will still use the fast method when spawning

I have included a possible fix for the beta update but thinking about it, you guys might be shooting people in different body parts

When you shoot someone in the leg or arm, it does SIGNIFICANTLY less damage than it does to the head and the body. Shotguns are more apparent in this because they shoot more than 1 bullet. Say a shotgun shoots 6 bullets with 11 damage per shot for a max of 66 damage per attack

If 3 of your bullets hit the arm and it does 2 damage then you're down to 37 damage and if 4 of your bullets hit the other body parts and 2 of them miss then you're doing 8 damage

An example of this is here

and here

If you want, I can make it so all shots besides the head are the same, this may fix the issue but if this is the case and weapons aren't actually broken then this has been in the server for years

On the more technical side, I made it so if any addon that modified or fetches the weapon table, will use the slower function instead of the newer one but it will still use the fast method when spawning

If this is the case then maybe its hitboxes being broken because the hit boxes have been messed up for awhile now. Maybe sometimes its counting the chest as a leg or opposite.

Also Noiz was testing the halo rifle on Piklas today and the rifle did up to 54 dmg in one hit. So unless the halo rifle is suppose to 54 dmg if head shot then it's a different problem.

I would think the problem was a combined issue of the hitboxes not knowing where we were shooting, the guns being probably bugged (I remember shooting a friend in the head and it doing 4 damage).

I would segway this to a suggestion tho. Keep the reduced damage on shooting on legs but not to arms since arms can block shots when shooting from the side or in other ways make it just annoying. Althought shooting in the legs or feet is 100% intuative and makes sense IMO

Let me know if damage feels less clunky for this reset

Also going back, how long has this issue existed? Did it just happen in the past week? I know people have been complaining about damage for a long time (most likely due to playermodels which I will probably have to redo all of them again)

Just want to make sure it's not because of one of the things I did this week

Let me know if damage feels less clunky for this reset

Also going back, how long has this issue existed? Did it just happen in the past week? I know people have been complaining about damage for a long time (most likely due to playermodels which I will probably have to redo all of them again)

Just want to make sure it's not because of one of the things I did this week

The damage problem has been around for a week or two