Community Removals

Tene

Hello, I don't want this post to be perceived as drama mongering or stirring up hate for staff etc, this is simply a question and a proposal for change.

Recently on the server there have been community removals, and when staff are asked about said removals, they aren't allowed to share the reasoning behind the ban. This isn't how it used to be, after someone was removed from the community the community was informed as to why the person is no longer apart of the community. This was good, it gave people the clearance they needed to not hate staff or constantly nag staff over maybe a friend or someone they know being permanently excluded from the community.

Now though, no one is allowed to say the reasonings behind community removals, along with even other staff members not being told the reason for a community removal. This, in my opinion, creates a negative view on the server, as it's almost like they're covering up someone else's bad actions instead of informing the community of the type of person they are/were.

Maybe the server doesn't want people going batshit insane with bringing up someone's ban reason, understandable, but the server will still react the same way if someone is community removed, as it is quite a big event - it's not going to stop the freakouts from people when they hear that someone they knew (got on with, hated etc) was community removal'd, and in some cases can actually make situations a lot worse, as people will immediately jump to the conclusion of the person being banned being a terrible person and doing things that are criminal

Spoiler

(pedophila).

This is where the danger of keeping quiet on this type of stuff comes from, it can either tragically affect someone with false allegations of the worst kind of things, killing any reputation they had or any friendships they had 

OR

The opposite, someone who has actually done something terrible can simply tell anyone who asks them specifically that it was for a completely different reason - and with the staff team not denying or approving any claims, said person can then continue to be malicious on other servers/communities - or even continue (insert word) with their friends from TitsRP as they are completely unaware of the danger that person brings.

This seems more like a suggestion than a discussion, but that's because its both:

Why are the admin team now not being public with ban reasons? Was there some specific reason? Do the admin team recognise the very likely possibility of these removed people manipulating other community members due to the unknowingness?

Will this be changed for future removals?

please don't turn this thread into an accusatory thread or anything, it is genuine concern and confusion as to why there is this new vagueness around big bans.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Tene said:

removal'd

This has me fucked up.

Anyways I understand where you come from and to a degree I agree with you. The issue is that with comm removals being a lot worse than normal bans we have moved to not saying what they did as to avoid generalized toxicity and bitching about the ban kinda why we dont say what they did for toxicity bans now when we ban someone for racism or harassment.

On the flip side like you said it in its own way is better to share, Sugar has openly stated why members have been removed before, but usually due to backlash and once it gets out to the player base via other means than the staff openly announcing it. It does make us look like we're hiding it sure, but due to backlash for making a right call or a call that maybe went too far or scared of memes being created and those going to far there's reasons we don't.

In the end you're not wrong in your thoughts as I think the same to a level but it also helps us out doing it this way. Literally a thing of "We're damned if we do, damned if we don't."

• Thanks 1

If you (not tene) are the type of person to want to dig up shit, you will always be able to. Sometimes, especially with the recent comm removals, it is much better not to know..... And knowing and not knowing does should not affect a players experience on the server. Just know that comm removals are justified with hard evidence and they are bad. You can ask the specifics from the person if you are that type of person but asking and not taking the answer with a grain of salt is just stupidity. If someone did something bad enough to be comm removed, you think they will tell the truth? Either, they lie and make it seem like not such a big deal or mention something else (you can use your brain and realize the crime doesnt fit the punishment) or they tell you the truth and the truth makes you realize they needed to go.

Majority of the time, comm removed people have done something so bad, their actions WILL more than likely be disgusting causing unnecesarry hatred or disgust towards the person. Why spend that extra time hating on someone who will no longer be part of the community when you can simply just keep enjoying the game. 

Plus, it is not as all comm removals are default masked. Some comm removals, depending on severity, we will tell the necessary information. 

Edited by Crabroll
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is so frustrating to get someone i know community removaled and not being able to know the exact reason as to why. even when i was moderator i could not access the reason as to why specific people got community removaled and i had to rely with third parties who don't have as much of an accurate information as the senior moderators that did the actual community removal, this is not a trend that i like in this community, this can lead to people being community removaled for no reason and people would be piss scared of the smod+ team because they dont know if they will come next or what is the bare minimum to being comm removaled

we need a lot more transparency in the smod+ team, we are all part of this community

• crybaby -1 1

I mean to be fair he has a point. It really isn't a community removal if the community itself is in the dark on the reasoning. Rename it staff removal or some cause I dont't want zit faced smods or admins making decisions for me.

• Thanks 1

If people could control themselves, it would make it easier to relay information to everyone. But think about how many people tried to reach out to recently comm removed people such as spektor, cuntbucket, oldgreg and all them. I’ve personally been told by these individuals who has been dming them as well.

And whos to say people wouldnt still go to these people after we give our reason (proven by evidence) and they get lied to 🤷‍♀️ 

community removals arent by the community but they are for the community. Yall really dont need to be put through the hell of reading 500 dirty and illegal dms or whatever is shown.

Edited by Crabroll

2 minutes ago, Crabroll said:

But think about how many people tried to reach out to recently comm removed people such as spektor, cuntbucket, oldgreg and all them. I’ve personally been told by these individuals who has been dming them as well.

I think the community removed players get reached out to way more when their ban reason is unknown than before when people knew. You kinda HAVE to reach out to the banned player if you want to know the reason why they were banned, and even then they will downplay it to the max which leaves you either distrusting staff or just generally having the wrong idea of the reason for a ban.

Spoiler

spacer.png

I (and many others) are very curious when someone they once knew is now permanently removed, leading to messaging them. Had I not been informed by others I would've assumed that his ban reason was something like drama mongering or something silly, when it was worse.
if staff want the img removed i can remove if its counted as drama mongering

6 minutes ago, Crabroll said:

And whos to say people wouldnt still go to these people after we give our reason (proven by evidence) and they get lied to 🤷‍♀️ 

This is a valid point, but as I said I think more people will be less willing to message someone if they're directly given the reason by the staff team - Them also having their ban reason made public can help to spread awareness about them/their character to other servers etc (which they will most likely turn to after being banned from tits, and if theyre malicious they will do what they did on titsrp on other servers/communities). I personally think it is a safer option, both in the manipulation and awareness aspects, to let the community know the reason for a ban, even if its just included in the ban message or something.

Someone messaged me on discord related to this about how if multiple people are banned for 'pedophilia' the server immediately looks terrible, which while partially true, surely it makes the server look better that its carefully watching over the playerbase and entirely removing those types of people?

10 minutes ago, Crabroll said:

Yall really dont need to be put through the hell of reading 500 dirty and illegal dms or whatever is shown.

Very true but I think at the very least a reasoning being added to community removals could clear up a lot of things for players instead of it becoming a guessing game of all the horrible shit that gets someone community removed vs potentially just drama mongering.

ty for the replies btw this thread has been useful insight so far 💞

• Like 2

This very topic was something I was concerned about for a while because of the very thing you said (jumping to more... d i s t u r b i n g conclusions because of what previous community removals have been about), especially since a community removal is so final. I had reached out to someone because some of the "recent" (I use this word loosely because some time has passed) removals were so out of the blue and didn't at ALL seem like their character, and because of assuming the worst, I felt absolutely sick to my stomach.

Obviously I still don't know exactly why,  I was at least comforted that it wasn't like that. The potential reality that someone you knew could be so horrible is a feeling I wish on nobody. 

That being said, although I still don't like the thought of community removals being a behind-the-scenes thing, I can also understand why it might be needed in a lot of cases. Sometimes people's information needs to be protected for one reason or another.  Any who, that's all I have for thoughts.