Police Department Overhaul.

Haze_of_dream

On 11/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, dokerz said:

Only thing is a good idea is giving swat commander and mayor the tablet but it’s broken and has been broken for years and I’m to lazy to make a thread so @Rubikfix please. Everything else is so bad I can’t tell if it’s a shitpost 

Then why don't you offer counter suggestions or show what is wrong, Simply writing off everything you disagree with as a shitpost is arrogance.

• thumbdown -1 1
  • crybaby -1 3

10 hours ago, Haze_of_dream said:

Then why don't you offer counter suggestions or show what is wrong, Simply writing off everything you disagree with as a shitpost is arrogance.

My suggestion is you give me all your rust skins and the details of your steam account !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • crine 1
  • uhoh 1

On 12/1/2021 at 10:25 PM, Haze_of_dream said:

Calling someone arrogant, pot calling the kettle black, most of the suggestions except for a few example smoke are pure garbage, juggernut being forced to a vote is intentionally done cause him alone when dealing with a pd raid and a good pd base dupe makes it impossible, maybe lock it behind VIP rank only so no randoms can just come on to mass rdm, and chief of police, dude you already have an issue with literally stating you will not listen to the mayor who is in charge of pd so no I don't believe commander should have any say in firing pd cause it would be heavily abused. Most of suggestions just scream CP main wanting a broken pd, hell if you have a competent enough cp all these suggestions are irrlevant, Especially with the custom class police class which make a huge difference, maybe you should have suggested a custom class PD for vips that you can go into with swep suggestions.

4 hours ago, Infamous Echo Unreal said:

juggernut being forced to a vote is intentionally done cause him alone when dealing with a pd raid and a good pd base dupe makes it impossible, maybe lock it behind VIP rank only so no randoms can just come on to mass rdm

Juggernaut is already a VIP Job.

note: i am banned while writing this, and i am not alting. i mention this because I say a lot of things like 'when I get x I do x', implying I am still playing on the server, but in reality it is just easier to write that than 'when i used to get x'd i would x'.

i think state of cp right now is fine, i agree with some of his points in this but i genuinely think that cp is really OP already with a good dupe and moderately decent cp. all you need is to get a mayor in office that listens to cp requests and can put in dogshit laws that the cp will get money from.

Fines
fine amount is good rn, due to inflation ig sure u could make it 10k, but it cripples new players who have no money and are trying to kidnap people as cultist for money, or just jwalking w/o knowing its bad. i do agree w/ your suggestion to remove being able to fine the max fine for offenses like walking, but then again, it's the mayor, he creates the laws, if he wants his 'city' to hate him, so be it.

Jobs
giving swat sniper an ar15 makes swat job completely useless, its a sniper, let him keep his current gear - yes remove vote for it as it's not a job like juggernaut that is incredibly op enough to mrdm a lot with and not get countered.
smoke is good as it is, it has gas grenades which are incredibly useful in killing off non cps when they invade pd, dealing shit tons of damage to them through walls and floors while cp take none. it's gear is already really OP, pretty sure its weapon is the most overpowered gun in the game rn, or if its still nerfed then its one of the most powerful
chiefs shouldnt be able to fire people, while yes in a real sense they probably should, it's gmod, people will minge with either class. its not hard to get voted in as a job at all, and they can then just erase all of the police force. I've forgotten how the /demote thing works, but maybe it could have access to something like it but solely to other members of the police force, and it must have an rp reason.

Equipment
as for the scanner, good idea as it gives you a reason to raid, i have a warn from rubik because i raided his shit for hearing printers, which turned out to just be an audio bug on my end that let me hear his silent printers, there is no real way to tell apart from the Police K9 sniffing out drugs inside the building, idk maybe make the police dog useful and give him a ability with 5min cooldown to 'hear' shit and detect stuff like procs or printers through walls when they make noise, dogs have good hearing. on 2nd thought this sounds retarded but im not backspacing.
pd commander commands pd, mayor commands pd commander to command pd, i think. the mayor can broadcast anyways, and talk in group chat if need be. no one really uses the pd commander shit so it doesnt affect me either way that suggestion goes.
tasers could be more OP, agreeable, talent sounds good to me, but i dont think it should insta stun at all, maybe double the tase %, ive personally not had an issue with the taser time because you can reload very very fast with it and u can a-d spam after they're stunned to avoid them.

Basing
I personally think police base dupes are really OP as they are and have no need for any added items. If you have a mayor's office dupe with semi-sentient police officers and a decent mayor you can win revolts by running down the time or the traditional method of just killing them. I'm pretty sure you are allowed to have multiple dupes inside the PD, such as 2 part dupes, where one person has the first 75 props, and the other has the other 75 to cover the entire PD. If you think this is bad because it means you have to have a minimum of 2 police officers, then I strongly disagree because what type of police 'force' is there if there is 1 single police officer. If I recall advanced duplicator is now accessible to everyone, so even if it's 1 non vip, you could send them the dupe and they could put it down to cover pd. Even without 2 part dupes, that shit is so overpowered if the dupe design is prop-effective. You can make very good base dupes that block both cells, lobby, stairs and second floor, alongside a shit ton of prop spam spread evenly in the sewers entrance to avoid mayor assassination.

Laws/Rules
First rule I 100% agree with, and I'm pretty sure it's already in the MOTD, second rule not so much, metagame is allowed so if that rule was added anyone you walk past with 'hit accepted' or whatever it is above their head you would be able to immediately arrest, if it was something like if you hear them doing it its AOS i'd be fine, but again, metagame's allowed, which I think it should be, so that rule really has no 'fair' way of being implemented, yet because of this, if you really want that fine on the hitman you can just follow him around, the second he opens fire on anyone feel free to cuff/arrest him for attempted murder.

Gang talents

idk why you're spending gang talent points on shit like persuasive fine anyways, i thought it was just for every fine, just delete that shit from the game entirely lol, move that bitch to normal level up perks.
skilled architecture sounds dumb, easy propblock, and ontop of that, and arguably worse, impossible to raid pd dupes. you can demat entire dupes and not be able to get in w/o going through the slow crouch method, which would be impossible with someone behind it. why? because you can still see through gates after they've been dematerialised. it's a gate. dumb idea, sorry haze but very dumb idea imo.
Daily quota seems weird, because when are you going to fine someone for 8k aside from bounties, when the mayor will be making the laws to fine for 5k.}
Bounty's not being paid, i dont really care about, when I am arrested for more than 90 seconds i just advertise that i will give out money to whoever frees me and only end up losing around 500k-1.5m.
Finally, the weaponchecker one, no one uses weaponchecker anyway, you sound like the first to do so, whether it's added or not I see no impact at all on CP / non cp gameplay.

tldr: i dont know what tldr stands for -  i disagree with everything he says and offer very few suggestions to counter his points. thanks

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tene said:

note: i am banned while writing this, and i am not alting. i mention this because I say a lot of things like 'when I get x I do x', implying I am still playing on the server, but in reality it is just easier to write that than 'when i used to get x'd i would x'.

i think state of cp right now is fine, i agree with some of his points in this but i genuinely think that cp is really OP already with a good dupe and moderately decent cp. all you need is to get a mayor in office that listens to cp requests and can put in dogshit laws that the cp will get money from.

Fines
fine amount is good rn, due to inflation ig sure u could make it 10k, but it cripples new players who have no money and are trying to kidnap people as cultist for money, or just jwalking w/o knowing its bad. i do agree w/ your suggestion to remove being able to fine the max fine for offenses like walking, but then again, it's the mayor, he creates the laws, if he wants his 'city' to hate him, so be it.

Jobs
giving swat sniper an ar15 makes swat job completely useless, its a sniper, let him keep his current gear - yes remove vote for it as it's not a job like juggernaut that is incredibly op enough to mrdm a lot with and not get countered.
smoke is good as it is, it has gas grenades which are incredibly useful in killing off non cps when they invade pd, dealing shit tons of damage to them through walls and floors while cp take none. it's gear is already really OP, pretty sure its weapon is the most overpowered gun in the game rn, or if its still nerfed then its one of the most powerful
chiefs shouldnt be able to fire people, while yes in a real sense they probably should, it's gmod, people will minge with either class. its not hard to get voted in as a job at all, and they can then just erase all of the police force. I've forgotten how the /demote thing works, but maybe it could have access to something like it but solely to other members of the police force, and it must have an rp reason.

Equipment
as for the scanner, good idea as it gives you a reason to raid, i have a warn from rubik because i raided his shit for hearing printers, which turned out to just be an audio bug on my end that let me hear his silent printers, there is no real way to tell apart from the Police K9 sniffing out drugs inside the building, idk maybe make the police dog useful and give him a ability with 5min cooldown to 'hear' shit and detect stuff like procs or printers through walls when they make noise, dogs have good hearing. on 2nd thought this sounds retarded but im not backspacing.
pd commander commands pd, mayor commands pd commander to command pd, i think. the mayor can broadcast anyways, and talk in group chat if need be. no one really uses the pd commander shit so it doesnt affect me either way that suggestion goes.
tasers could be more OP, agreeable, talent sounds good to me, but i dont think it should insta stun at all, maybe double the tase %, ive personally not had an issue with the taser time because you can reload very very fast with it and u can a-d spam after they're stunned to avoid them.

Basing
I personally think police base dupes are really OP as they are and have no need for any added items. If you have a mayor's office dupe with semi-sentient police officers and a decent mayor you can win revolts by running down the time or the traditional method of just killing them. I'm pretty sure you are allowed to have multiple dupes inside the PD, such as 2 part dupes, where one person has the first 75 props, and the other has the other 75 to cover the entire PD. If you think this is bad because it means you have to have a minimum of 2 police officers, then I strongly disagree because what type of police 'force' is there if there is 1 single police officer. If I recall advanced duplicator is now accessible to everyone, so even if it's 1 non vip, you could send them the dupe and they could put it down to cover pd. Even without 2 part dupes, that shit is so overpowered if the dupe design is prop-effective. You can make very good base dupes that block both cells, lobby, stairs and second floor, alongside a shit ton of prop spam spread evenly in the sewers entrance to avoid mayor assassination.

Laws/Rules
First rule I 100% agree with, and I'm pretty sure it's already in the MOTD, second rule not so much, metagame is allowed so if that rule was added anyone you walk past with 'hit accepted' or whatever it is above their head you would be able to immediately arrest, if it was something like if you hear them doing it its AOS i'd be fine, but again, metagame's allowed, which I think it should be, so that rule really has no 'fair' way of being implemented, yet because of this, if you really want that fine on the hitman you can just follow him around, the second he opens fire on anyone feel free to cuff/arrest him for attempted murder.

Gang talents

idk why you're spending gang talent points on shit like persuasive fine anyways, i thought it was just for every fine, just delete that shit from the game entirely lol, move that bitch to normal level up perks.
skilled architecture sounds dumb, easy propblock, and ontop of that, and arguably worse, impossible to raid pd dupes. you can demat entire dupes and not be able to get in w/o going through the slow crouch method, which would be impossible with someone behind it. why? because you can still see through gates after they've been dematerialised. it's a gate. dumb idea, sorry haze but very dumb idea imo.
Daily quota seems weird, because when are you going to fine someone for 8k aside from bounties, when the mayor will be making the laws to fine for 5k.}
Bounty's not being paid, i dont really care about, when I am arrested for more than 90 seconds i just advertise that i will give out money to whoever frees me and only end up losing around 500k-1.5m.
Finally, the weaponchecker one, no one uses weaponchecker anyway, you sound like the first to do so, whether it's added or not I see no impact at all on CP / non cp gameplay.

tldr: i dont know what tldr stands for -  i disagree with everything he says and offer very few suggestions to counter his points. thanks

Holy shit the first person to give actually genuine feedback and read a majority if not all of it. I applaud you.

Edited by Haze_of_dream
  • Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1