Police Department Overhaul.

This Thread will be home to many aspects concerning PD, and will probably be the thread i use for further edits instead of separate one.

Fines

- Rework fines to allow a max of $15,000.

* Add a stipulation in Cop rules saying that non-violent crimes must stay below $5,000 (Current Max), However multiple crimes or violent crimes can go above that value. More serious crimes should be more punishable as well as committing multiple crimes. Jaywalkers should not get the same fine as a mass serial killer.

** I assume the limit was downed because a bad law example says 20k which i assume used to be the old max, and i guess every mayor just defaulted fines to 20k. However the max being this low means that people who should be taking a hit to their wallet get off much more than someone committing a much lesser crime. It's very frequent for a jaywalker to get fined 4x as much as a mass murderer because of this.

- Allow a bounty to combine with another fine, so the bounty and the crime is dealt with in the same fine. Fining a user for a bounty and then recuffing to fine them for the actual crime seems silly and inefficient.

Jobs

- Give a AR15 to S.W.A.T Sniper, For a VIP job it has worse gear than a majority of default swat jobs. It should atleast have a side rifle.

* Remove the vote off this job too, It's a vip job lmao.

- Remove the vote off Juggernaut aswell, Paid jobs should not have votes.

- Rename "Smoke" to "S.W.A.T Support" and also give it an AR15 and a medkit. Hopefully this will give it something on par with Juggernaut and still be unique.

- Allow Chiefs to fire anyone in their division, more explained Here.

Equipment

- Add a new Scanner for the S.W.A.T Jobs or atleast the VIP ones to give them some flair and practicality. Hopefully this will also give PD something to do other than pissing off the populace with their jaywalking laws because they can't find anything else to do. Also I think raids for the Department are severely lacking due to no accurate way to determine crime within a base.

** Rather than giving this to all S.W.A.T by default, Have this as a Police Specialized Gang Perk much like the perk that equips a sledgehammer for example. Gives another thing to grind for very good reward and will most likely distinguish the dedicated cops.

- Give the "PD Commander" SWEP to the S.W.A.T Chief and Mayor, Why one chief can talk to his men and not the other two kinda makes no sense.

- Buff the taser, Make bodyshots a smidge more powerful as well as headshots, Currently it takes 75% of the taser's mag on bodyshots or 35% on headshots (hard as hell to do btw) in order to get a decent stun. It's often so bad compared to cuff rushing like a moron that some people refer to the taser as "a free pass to rdm".

* Alternatively, Make this a level perk.

Basing

- Allow an extra fading door for the police department, Effectively meaning a 4 max fading door limit compared to the default 4.

* The reasoning is because PD oftentimes for bases uses all three doors for defense and have none left for the cells or the mayoral office, You could make the argument "split the doors across the sections then" but either leaves entire sections exposed for raids or makes them easy as hell to enter. The extra fading door should either be used to close off the jail cells or the Mayor's office if a mayor wants to separate the access from his office and the main PD.

Rules/Laws

- Add a default Illegal Activity stating that being outside during a lockdown is not allowed, aka fineable/aos

Gang Talents: Police Specialized

- Buff 'Persuasive Fine' to $5,000. $750 is way too low to justify an entire Gang Token. 5k is generally the medium range for bounties. any lower people won't really actually search for.

- Add a Talent called "Skilled Architecture", Any Cop with this talent will have props that are immune to destruction. Dematerialization will still work though, just not destroy props.

Level Talents:

- Add a new talent called "Experienced Frisking" for 3 talents. This increases the speed of a weaponcheck confiscation, increases range and removes the need to have a user cuffed in order to do this.

Edited by Haze_of_dream
Added an alternative under the Equipment section for scanners.
  • Like +1 1
  • thumbdown -1 13
5 minutes ago, Saiko said:

Personally i think basing as CP is good as it is. You can make some pretty OP dupes if you know what youre doing. Usually a mayor has his own dupe while another cp has a dupe for lobby. Making it 6 fading doors which is valid because its 2 separate dupes. Other than that those suggestions are pretty good and id love to see them happen 👍🏻

Afaik since the pd shares the base it shares the rules, I don't think two separate bases makes it two separate limits.

• thumbdown -1 4
  • crybaby -1 1
1 hour ago, Haze_of_dream said:

- Buff the taser, Make bodyshots a smidge more powerful as well as headshots, Currently it takes 75% of the taser's mag on bodyshots or 35% on headshots (hard as hell to do btw) in order to get a decent stun. It's often so bad compared to cuff rushing like a moron that some people refer to the taser as "a free pass to rdm".

* Alternatively, Make this a level perk.

There is already a gang talent that makes it slow 90% more, and activate 75% more often

22 minutes ago, Saiko said:

Making it 6 fading doors which is valid because its 2 separate dupes.

Nah PD has a max 3 fading door limit since it's its own base, but I do agree that PD is a powerful place to build at, but its only powerful if you got multiple dupes down.

27 minutes ago, Zesty said:

Nah PD has a max 3 fading door limit since it's its own base, but I do agree that PD is a powerful place to build at, but its only powerful if you got multiple dupes down.

nevermind then 🤭 but yeah if you have multiple dupes down its pretty op