Police Department Overhaul.

Haze_of_dream

On 11/25/2021 at 4:06 PM, Maze マインクラフト said:

CP is definitely balanced Rn, although I would agree with making them allowed to do more things other than just fine players for doing stupid shit like jaywalking

I do agree PD is in a very good state, however I think they need to focus on some areas like raiding rather than jaywalk enforcement 24/7, Would benefit all parties involved.

• Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

10 hours ago, Haze_of_dream said:

I do agree PD is in a very good state, however I think they need to focus on some areas like raiding rather than jaywalk enforcement 24/7, Would benefit all parties involved.

Im going to assume that you mean raiding as in people raiding the pd, because for a police raid to happen there has to be a base doing something illegal in the first place (doesn't exist).
In that case how does buffing the basing that is already really strong add to rp? I dont think that more people will try to raid the pd if its even more unraidable.

jaywalking laws are a bad side effect of fundamentally good rp system with the mayor, If he is bad chances are he will be removed. You are only noticing the jaywalking ones because its common and easy for lazy people to do, If a cop/mayor wants to actually have more interesting laws and enforcements they will do it.

How does promoting an afk in pd base playstyle benefit all parties involved?

In conclusion I think you are just salty that people are doing jaywalking laws too often and its boring. I also think that you dont bring anything new to the table that isn't just straight up buffing stupid things that ironically help the jaywalk warriors of titsrp.

"When I'm good at something, I'll probably let you know" maybe you should try letting yourself know when you are bad at something

• crine 1

3 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

Im going to assume that you mean raiding as in people raiding the pd

No, PD conducting raids.

a base doing something illegal in the first place (doesn't exist).

Printers, Meth, Processors, etc.

How does promoting an afk in pd base playstyle benefit all parties involved?

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what suggestion you're addressing here.

In conclusion I think you are just salty that people are doing jaywalking laws too often and its boring.

Why would me, as a cop main that benefits from this, be salty? I want PD to experience the other fields it has and never utilizes, and it also would spice up the server tremendously with little to no implementation effort. If you are going to argue in bad faith at least throw an insult that makes sense.

This is just my take from a Police perspective, but to essentially boil down these sections:

Fines: Multiple crimes and bounties not being combined leads to really stupid situations like multi-fining or listing 3+ murders with the same fine amount as a jaywalk. I think most cops always max at 5k because you can't seriously hit someone financially for worse crimes and they always max out to compensate for this. Hopefully increasing the max while adding stipulations will give cops more freeway and more realistic fines. I think everyone would love to see the day where they don't assume their fine is an automatic $5,000 before it even shows.

Jobs: Some jobs just plain don't make sense or are ironically worse compared to the base jobs. Read this section for more detailed reasons on each one.

Equipment: Some equipment isn't logically given to other chiefs or superiors and doesn't fit consistently. Ontop of that I made that Scanner suggestion in the hopes that PD would actually start conducting raids. I haven't seen a single raid attempt on a base from Civil Protection, this leads them to jaywalk duty 24/7.

Basing: Basically PD has more things to take care of compared to a normal base. More descriptive reasons are given in this section.

Essentially, The Department as a whole is way too focused on petty crimes and does not see the benefit or in some cases like raiding, the opportunity to do other things. I believe alot of PD don't try raiding as an example often because It's unrewarding, difficult, and hard to determine if illegal activity is being conducted in a base in the first place. It's also infinitely easier to 5k fine spam the newbie that doesn't comprehend the concept of crosswalks.

Edited by Haze_of_dream

Only thing is a good idea is giving swat commander and mayor the tablet but it’s broken and has been broken for years and I’m to lazy to make a thread so @Rubikfix please. Everything else is so bad I can’t tell if it’s a shitpost