meh

Some Donkus

7 minutes ago, Some Donkus said:

I think you're missing the point here. The point is to prevent shitty people from abusing a job role so they can walk away with 50M every night.

The only way to do that is to nerf the bank payout to the point that there isn't much of a reason to do it anymore.

7 hours ago, Some Donkus said:

I think you're missing the point here. The point is to prevent shitty people from abusing a job role so they can walk away with 50M every night.

"abusing a job role", it's entire purpose is to be inside the bank getting players to invest in it. for the bank to go from 20m - 70m (where players even with the level 48 perk would only get like 35-40m or smth) it would take hours upon hours. i've seen people afk the bank for 6-7+ hours to get it to a high price. i do understand where you're coming from though, raiding the bank only to get destroyed because you're bad at raiding can be frustrating (i assume, i don't know because im not bad) so the removal of the base could make it easier.

however, what would your solution be to this? just remove the ability to base there entirely? bank raiders would just have to kill the bank manager, place deployable shields and run in directly to the bank. just get good at raiding, and when you do, successfully raiding the bank will be more fulfilling as you can steal the bank manager's entities!

For your original post, I do not agree with making it so the Bank Manager cannot base in there. I mean if hes not allowed to do that you might as well remove the whole job because its going to be pointless.

But I do agree it has become an issue of people basing in there for hours waiting for the money to go up then switching jobs and immediately raiding the bank right after to steal they money they have been defending.

Not sure what exactly we should implement to stop this from happening other than nerfing the bank payout as Zesty said, so its much less (but then this ruins the chance for people who aren't abusing the Bank Manager job to raid the bank and get their money fairly.)

1 hour ago, Some Donkus said:

I don't take issue with Bank Managers getting people to invest in the bank. Apologies if I messed my words up somewhere.

After milling it over in my head for a bit, I think I came to a much better idea. Bank Managers can base in bank, but cannot raid it until two hours have passed after their job switch. My main issue from this entire debacle is people switching from Bank Manager and immediately going in for a raid, especially if another Bank Manager hasn't been voted in yet.

Now I DO agree with this statement, the Bank Manager should not be allowed to instantly switch jobs and raid the bank to get all of the money they have let build up. It should be considered FailRP or job abuse if somebody does this.

Making a rule saying they have to wait 2 hours or so would make a lot of sense to deter people from doing this.

Edited by RAY RAY
  • Like 1