Unblacklist windmill_blade004b

[K I T] EXE

Recently I have been experimenting with a prop, windmill_blade004b, it has some advantages and disadvantages over other props. This prop has been blacklisted and today I would like to convince the community to bring it back because I believe the prop provides a new way to build a base. It also makes raiders think differently about raiding bases, as bases who utilize this prop should be raided differently. 

Here is what it looks like for those of you who have not seen it:

https://imgur.com/YzOAGae

Advantages:

• you can shoot through most of the prop, the prop has a physbox that is larger than the visible volume of the prop, the area where the prop isn't but blocks throwable raid equipment or players is where you can shoot.
  • It is immune to material grenades and material bombs.
  • Small raiding becomes less effective due to being able to see the entire floor if built in a specific way with this prop.
  • Timebombs and C4 can be easily shot back toward raiders.
    • Alternatively you would build with only 16 height or 16 width gaps for shooting, small raiders cannot squeeze through, but you also cannot shoot c4 or timebombs due to the angle. You would focus on killing raiders.

Disadvantages:

• Certain areas of the prop cannot be shot through, the area where you can see the prop is where you can't shoot through it.
  • Since the prop takes up a lot of volume it serves as a large target for Trisha Launchers, the main weakness of the prop. (You can shoot the visible and invisible portions of the prop, the invisible part an easier target)
  • You must keep the visible portion of the prop within the world, if you were to precision it into the wall or void it disappears, therefore the prop must always be visible. (I think this is fair because at least some portion of the prop must be visible, we don't want completely invisible walls, or where you cannot determine where to shoot with Trisha Launchers, or throw Time Bombs)
  • The prop is very small compared to what most bases are made from, most bases are made from props from the Solid Steel Folder and Plastic.

Here is some examples of the windmill_blade004b being used in some base dupes.

• These two Images are from a base by waterfall in the alleyway with a secret room. This base is the only base I put into circulation by selling it to others for DarkRP Cash, this base probably got the prop blacklisted, I wasn't there when they discussed banning the prop or what exactly happened, but I do know this is the best base I have ever built.
    • What makes it so great is that people cannot use timebombs through walls to skirt facing direct fire from the defenders.
    • As far as I know it might be safe from material bombs but I haven't tried that.
    • Its also very small base. windmill_blade004b fits perfectly here. 
      • Let's discuss how many layers are in this base.
        •  1 of the windmill_blade004b covers the floor in the airlock area with two doors. I put 3 total windmill_blade004b there. [3 layers]
        • https://imgur.com/WAmlS8k
        • Now towards the backside of the base the volume of the room increases, 3 windmill_blade004b are needed to cover the floor per layer, 9 total here [3 layers]
        • https://imgur.com/qZMoqYE
        • 6 total layers
      • The crouching area of the base has 8 turns, so crouching in is totally a bad idea. The only realistic way to raid like most bases is c4, timebombs, and Trisha Launchers.
      • After destroying 6 layers raiders can get inside the base which in my opinion is below average, but how the base requires raiders to face direct fire, and is very narrow makes up for this.
      • It is not only the prop windmill_blade004b that makes it so advantageous, but its the location, and how it was built to take advantage of its features.
  • This Is from a base in industrial.
    • https://imgur.com/qkmqtpR
    • Here is a picture from outside the base, you can see that there is a lot of options for raiders to choose from compared to the last base. Two entrances, very large openings.
    • https://imgur.com/nZowhMM
    • Let's Discuss layers.
      • This base is pretty simple, its just a wall of windmill_blade004b, 9 in a row, 5 total layers.
    • From this example you can see how this prop doesn't work just anywhere, its almost, with other props, 12 props per layer, where you can do much less, I usually average 8.
  • Here are some example of more conventional builds using props from Solid Steel Folder and Plastic.
    • These bases are basically the same.
    • This one is from lower sewers. It's 8 layers.
    • https://imgur.com/eCm806P
    • This one is near beach. it's 7 layers.
    • https://imgur.com/zd2W3Em
    • Usually these bases average at more layers due to being more efficient and you can build bases like these pretty much anywhere

In conclusion unblacklist the prop because its not that OP.

• Like 4
  • thumbdown -1 4

19 minutes ago, [K I T] EXE said:

It is immune to material grenades and material bombs.

dumb but in all seriousness why should we have a prop that is weird and wacky like this when bases are perfectly fine without it. I get you like this prop but like just uh ya know learn how to base correctly?

d17f573a4250ab70d87637b1535f5bcd.png

tldr: waa waa im Kit I can't base correctly me need weird prop that is immune to raiding tools for me to have a chance waa waa. Like bro look at the picture what the fuck is that????

Edited by Mori
trolling
  • Like 5
  • crine 1
  • thumbdown -1 4

Honestly just used the prop recently and I think it would be great for new bases designs and like said Trisha launchers do work well against the prop tho it would not effect the raid time to much it would be nice to have the prop unblacklisted

• Like 3
  • thumbdown -1 3

Honestly don't see an issue with the prop judging by how big the disadvantages are. It's a gimmicky prop that can be used to create very good base designs, but like stated within the post, it is practically completely unviable within larger width entrances due to the huge prop count required per layer. There was also such a big amount of effort put into this suggestion and I personally don't see this as some incredibly over powered prop, other than its pretty much just an invisible fence immune to mat nades. It being weak towards trisha launchers is already a huge disadvantage with trisha launchers becoming apart of a raiding meta. I am a +1 for it to be un-blacklisted. It's a gimmicky prop that serves a single purpose, and doesn't make a base just completely unraidable.

From more things that I have learned about the prop, like how its timebomb hitbox doesn't extend to the invisible part, and how it can't be blowtorched, etc. I don't think this should be unblacklisted due to how buggy of a prop it is when raiding tools are used against it. -1

Edited by ZestyBoi

From my experience with this prop is that I timebomb it over 5 times and it doesn't remove the prop at all. Trishas in general are very weird and sometimes doesn't even break the prop you shoot it at. This prop should stay blacklisted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact that trisha's are literally one shot to remove one prop and your excuse on why it should be unblacklisted is "Trisha's are good against it".... bruh

Trisha launchers also aren't "raiding meta" they are only good if you have an enchanted one that has one additional shot so you can inventory it after you shoot and rinse and repeat. They are not meta lol.

Bases are completely fine without it, if you wanna try and shake up the basing meta don't find buggy ass props please.

it doesn't prevent a base to be raidable, just requires a bit more effort, surely can be done in under 10 min. not OP. i also really appreciate that EXE looked into it as well as he did. good job. ❤️ +1 

Edited by swayze
spelling error
  • Like 2
  • thumbdown -1 2