LGBTQ Discrimination

Danutercisd

5 minutes ago, Dan Mcstubbins said:

It doesn't matter if it's serious or not, LGBTQ harassment in particular should not be tolerated, and the allowance of ****** can give the impression that you can insult someone using the word and suffer no repercussions, and in my opinion, that is really scuffed. I get what you are saying. It's just a place to have fun. I don't think restricting this word or cracking down on this will negatively affect the server. It'll allow people to have fun still, while being able to breathe easy, knowing you won't be harassed for your gender or Sexuality. I think your point about harassment is right though. I just think that in order to show that it shouldn't be tolerated, the word should be restricted or only allowed to be used for its other meaning (a cigarette.)

So by that standard I want "Hick" "Redneck" "Cracker" "Gringo" and all other slang words that offend me to be banned as well.

10 minutes ago, Dan Mcstubbins said:

It doesn't matter if it's serious or not, LGBTQ harassment in particular should not be tolerated, and the allowance of ****** can give the impression that you can insult someone using the word and suffer no repercussions, and in my opinion, that is really scuffed. I get what you are saying. It's just a place to have fun. I don't think restricting this word or cracking down on this will negatively affect the server. It'll allow people to have fun still, while being able to breathe easy, knowing you won't be harassed for your gender or Sexuality. I think your point about harassment is right though. I just think that in order to show that it shouldn't be tolerated, the word should be restricted or only allowed to be used for its other meaning (a cigarette.)

LGBTQ HARASSMENT is HARASSMENT, dead simple, no more restrictions applied. Maybe if we had ENFORCEMENT on harassment rules and tighter application of these rules to discrimination, this wouldn't be an issue.

Little Extension of the post, why don't we throw out all of the buzzwords and target this to making harrassment guidelines more defined. If a player feels as if they cannot play on the server comfortable due to being picked on, this should be enforced, that covers homophobia, transphobia, and any other phobia you can think of. We shouldn't be banning words any more than we already have. Its getting ridiculous. 

Edited by Alexios

16 minutes ago, LeGerbs said:

So by that standard I want "Hick" "Redneck" "Cracker" "Gringo" and all other slang words that offend me to be banned as well.

I think that is a good idea. None of that shit should be used anyway, and cracker is racism anyway, so it's not allowed by default. 

16 minutes ago, Alexios said:

LGBTQ HARASSMENT is HARASSMENT, dead simple, no more restrictions applied. Maybe if we had ENFORCEMENT on harassment rules and tighter application of these rules to discrimination, this wouldn't be an issue.

Little Extension of the post, why don't we throw out all of the buzzwords and target this to making harrassment guidelines more defined. If a player feels as if they cannot play on the server comfortable due to being picked on, this should be enforced, that covers homophobia, transphobia, and any other phobia you can think of. We shouldn't be banning words any more than we already have. Its getting ridiculous. 

Alright, I do agree with this. That means no amount of phobia should be tolerated, no matter what it is. We really need to do a better job with defining harassment in general, because the guidelines we have right now on harassment are shit, plain and simple. If this can be expanded to cover more, I would be happy. No need to ban any words at that point. I'll enforce the rules, but it's up to the higher ups to decide what's harassment, but I'm also going to use my OWN judgment, to prevent situations like that from happening 

1 minute ago, Abstergo McStubbins said:

I would also by extension like this entire list to be punishable when used.

https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/sites/default/files/field/attachment/Ato-Z-of-Offensive-language-FINAL.pdf

"idiot" is offensive language? 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/793116113487134732/822688481024933928/Yeah_Sorry_No.mp4

Transexual is a literal definition though, how would is be offensive?

I have a lesbian friend and she refers to the people she goes after as "dykes"  Although ive heard some people dont like this term as well.

The word "tranny" was originally used in 1960s and 1970s by trans people as "a name for the identity they shared"

I get banning the f ag word but all these other terms? Everything can be made offensive by the manner its used but we are kinda pushing it in my opinion. 

Recently someone got warned for calling someone else a gringo, so calling people those things is already not allowed. Restricting the word will probably have people say it more or come up with alternatives to be extra edgy now that it's not allowed. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure no one on the server actually gives a shit what you do, your life is your life. Be trans, be gay, fuck a dude, fuck a dudette, fuck a traffic cone, whatever. The bottom line is if there is any sort of harassment it will be dealt with by staff (if I'm correct harassment sits or reports go straight to the admins and they deal with it, or at least should/used to). If someone calls you f** mute them fuck em they dumb as hell. If they find other ways to basically talk to you like running around with you and a text screen saying it then thats blatant harassment and will be dealt with.

You can identify as a female toyota camry and I wouldn't give a single fuck about it cause you do you. We all just a bunch of retards making fun of eachother in ways.

Edited by Tass

1 hour ago, Abstergo McStubbins said:

I would also by extension like this entire list to be punishable when used.

https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/sites/default/files/field/attachment/Ato-Z-of-Offensive-language-FINAL.pdf

Half of this shit is just definitions for actual disabilities or generalized situations, have you READ through this? 😐  and the post directly afterwards claiming homosexual to be offensive is pretty funny, it's literally the definition of their relations with no form of slur or negative connotation prior to what YOU associate with it.

• Haha 1

I'm all for this as long as you don't harass/ban me for being #SuperStraight, which is NOT made to be transphobic btw. It just means I am only attracted to biological females. I'd bake a trans cake for a trans person, I do not find myself having an intimate relationship with them.

• thumbdown -1 1

But to add to the topic, this is already a thing. Staff already don't allow the harassment of transexuals, gays, and others. People should still be allowed to use these words. Context is everything

• KDawg locked this topic