[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

Glaze fight me m9k are beast i have every pack for them downloaded

cw is better.

I win

Well, he said fuck you and that CW 2.0 is causing bugs, so he is slapping all of us with FA:S 2.0. Now we can have M9k and CW 2.0 combined, and finally have fucking peace in the chat.

P.S I know that FA:S 2.0 is an older CW 2.0, but who the fuck cares anyways? They're still better guns than buggy guns.

there's a reason every darkrp server uses m9k..

That reason is easy to explain. Bandwagon. Most servers that are populated use M9k, and so others bandwagon on to try and generate traffic on their server. No one is intelligent on its CPU usage, but the people who can read the fucking difference before and after M9k. There is a vote on the motd every day, and right now "Better performance" is the number one voted item by far. Adding M9k would drop the performance.

Glaze fight me m9k are beast i have every pack for them downloaded

cw is better.

I win

Well, he said fuck you and that CW 2.0 is causing bugs, so he is slapping all of us with FA:S 2.0. Now we can have M9k and CW 2.0 combined, and finally have fucking peace in the chat.

P.S I know that FA:S 2.0 is an older CW 2.0, but who the fuck cares anyways? They're still better guns than buggy guns.

there's a reason every darkrp server uses m9k..

That reason is easy to explain. Bandwagon. Most servers that are populated use M9k, and so others bandwagon on to try and generate traffic on their server. No one is intelligent on its CPU usage, but the people who can read the fucking difference before and after M9k. There is a vote on the motd every day, and right now "Better performance" is the number one voted item by far. Adding M9k would drop the performance.

not even almost 

the server isn't even using half of its cap for storage

CW was not removed because it was buggy, it was removed because it was insanely CPU intensive and extremely clientisde intensive. We were getting shut down by our server host because we were exceeding 90% of our CPU usage for over 300 seconds (even though the server never actually lagged or w/e it's a safety feature they have).

M9K won't drop performance, a lot of things can be done to that base to make it exactly like the CSS base serverside, except for the client it will be only a smitch more expensive (I think, I forget)

M9K is just big in MB overall. If you download all of the M9K packs it's 573MB in size (which is around 20MB off of our current server size). 280MB of M9K is textures which means we can reduce that size to around 15% - 25% using some compression methods which gives us around ( 573 - 280 + (280 * .15) ) = 335 MB of storage of models + textures

Is the M9K base fine? Sure, it can be dealt with. Is it worth getting all of the packs? I don't think so, maybe it's better to just pick and chose like 20 - 25 weapons instead of the 87 weapons there are in all of the packs but I need to do some things before I start working on that. I will probably start working on server related things later tonight / tomorrow since I am finishing up my other work that has to be done. I mean in all honesty, the M9K base is just the CSS base, I don't think it has any features different from the two. It's just there is 90000 different guns.

On the clientside / serverside performance side of things, only a few more things can possibly be done. This December when I am off, I will be able to make the biggest change to server / client resources. It will take a while and a lot of trial and error but when it's done it will be crazy

I think FA:S 2 would be a great alternative. It has the pack-like feature of m9k, allowing you to pick and choose what you put on the server and limit MB (the base is only 61MB), and has the attachments and the sleek weapon models and animations of CW. It also has weapon proficiency, if you use the same weapon for a while, it will upgrade some stats, such as reload speed and recoil. It also has a pretty cool feature that lets you peek away from scopes.

CW was not removed because it was buggy, it was removed because it was insanely CPU intensive and extremely clientisde intensive. We were getting shut down by our server host because we were exceeding 90% of our CPU usage for over 300 seconds (even though the server never actually lagged or w/e it's a safety feature they have).

M9K won't drop performance, a lot of things can be done to that base to make it exactly like the CSS base serverside, except for the client it will be only a smitch more expensive (I think, I forget)

M9K is just big in MB overall. If you download all of the M9K packs it's 573MB in size (which is around 20MB off of our current server size). 280MB of M9K is textures which means we can reduce that size to around 15% - 25% using some compression methods which gives us around ( 573 - 280 + (280 * .15) ) = 335 MB of storage of models + textures

Is the M9K base fine? Sure, it can be dealt with. Is it worth getting all of the packs? I don't think so, maybe it's better to just pick and chose like 20 - 25 weapons instead of the 87 weapons there are in all of the packs but I need to do some things before I start working on that. I will probably start working on server related things later tonight / tomorrow since I am finishing up my other work that has to be done. I mean in all honesty, the M9K base is just the CSS base, I don't think it has any features different from the two. It's just there is 90000 different guns.

On the clientside / serverside performance side of things, only a few more things can possibly be done. This December when I am off, I will be able to make the biggest change to server / client resources. It will take a while and a lot of trial and error but when it's done it will be crazy

If you are considering M9k, just don't install all the packs. Some packs can be left out such as the specialties, which will most likely have more and larger textures due to the explosions outputted by weapons such as the warhead. If you were to add M9k, I think that you should only add 25 weapons as you said. Either way, no one is going to use all 25 weapons, they'd find the ones they like and use that few amount.

Alright, people have been complaining about cop rushing, so I propose a solution:

If a cop is shot, they cannot use their cuffs for 2 seconds, but the effect stacks up to 20. To balance this out, make it so that the first few shots do nothing.

A few examples:

The Coon is close to Billy Bob and he kills steveg12, The Coon runs to cuff Billy Bob but gets shot twice, The Coon can still arrest Billy Bob.

The Coon is far away from Billy Bob and Billy Bob kills steveg12, The Coon rushes towards him and Billy Bob manages to hit The Coon 10 times. The Coon is forced to retreat, as he cannot use his cuffs and calls for reinforcements. Billy Bob manages to escape, but is then raped by an admin for driving his big green tractor.

I think this would make the cops way less annoying, and make it more of a challenge to be a cop. I mean, we already revamped the raiding rules, I think it's time for a change for the cops so it isn't just RUN AT THE CRIMINAL LIKE AN ISIS SUICIDE BOMBER AND ARREST THEM. Also, you would need to remove the arrest baton from the cops for this to work, otherwise it would be an easy bypass.

Glaze I like that idea but I think getting shot rule wouldn't work because if you had a overpowered fast shooting gun well guess you can't do anything as a CP now because you can't handcuff people now. I understand cuff rushing is annoying but when cops are told not to shoot first instead to attempt to arrest first that's what they're stuck too. If the rule would be put in place more would need to play CP and listen for the backup call someone and go to it.

But then it could become a giant rdm match because others could see the cops shooting towards the other and join in because some randomly join and rdm because others did.     Sorry for splitting text on phone and text becomes extremely delayed if I'm typing a lot.

• Rubik unpinned this topic