I have absolute garbage pc

Fuel

And im gonna buy a gaming laptop as I need portability cause I need to bring a laptop everywhere for all kinds of shit. I was wondering if considering my pc is dogshit and anything would be an improvement, would gtx 1050 be a good card? Or should i go for ryzen. Also should i get a ssd with less torage or an hdd with more storage?

Depends on what your uses will be. What games do you plan on playing? Laptops are not ideal for gaming unless you’re shopping in the $1000+ range, this is mostly due to the fact gaming laptops have the necessary thermal management. 

Good gaming laptops I can personally recommend are:

Razer Blade (#1 for performance and thermals)

Lenovo x1 Extreme

Depends on what your uses will be. What games do you plan on playing? Laptops are not ideal for gaming unless you’re shopping in the $1000+ range, this is mostly due to the fact gaming laptops have the inecessary thermal management. 

Good gaming laptops I can personally recommend are:

Razer Blade (#1 for performance and thermals)

Lenovo x1 Extreme

I plan on playing rust and/or gmod and games like gta v tomb raider csgo etc

In all reality man, if you plan on playing games for the next few years just get a desktop. Laptop lifelines arent always the best. I have a gtx 1070 and never really have issues for gmod or any game for that matter at epic settings

In all reality man, if you plan on playing games for the next few years just get a desktop. Laptop lifelines arent always the best. I have a gtx 1070 and never really have issues for gmod or any game for that matter at epic settings

Ye but i need portability though i will tske it everywhere and i plan on upgrading one say this isnt permanent just looking for a way to play games at a decent framerate with no stuttering

And im gonna buy a gaming laptop as I need portability cause I need to bring a laptop everywhere for all kinds of shit. I was wondering if considering my pc is dogshit and anything would be an improvement, would gtx 1050 be a good card? Or should i go for ryzen. Also should i get a ssd with less torage or an hdd with more storage?

I say a 1050 is definitely good enough to run the games you would like to play. With the storage I’d recommend getting a hard drive rather than a ssd. With laptops shit way more expensive and the only really noticeable thing you will see with a ssd is that your start up times is less. But lack of storage get a hard drive.Or if you find a laptop with both that would be nice . My pc has both and it runs nicely

I spent about 400-450 bucks on my rig and I run red dead 2 at ultra textures Low everything else (shadows and shit) perfectly fine.

ASUS B450M-A Micro Atx Motherboard (about 90 bucks) 

Plastic Black PC case with 550W PSU (40 bucks) 

16 GB Vengeance LPX 3000mhz DDR4 RAM (80 bucks) 

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (G for integrated graphics, I don't have a GPU right now) @ 3.6Ghz (

130 bucks) 

Didn't include prices for GPU as I lack one, storage as I used an old 2tb HDD I had in my laptop, and other stuff cause I didn't need it

For under 500 bucks she's doing fine and I can add shit on later. Those aren't exact prices but I got em off amazon for around those prices.

Seriously though, I wanted a laptop too, but the price is just not worth the shitty components VS half the cost of a good laptop above with my build. If portability is not an ABSOLUTE nessecity, get a proper rig.