Regular revisions

Sea Bear

I have had about 3 sits today about the king being confused about the rules. I feel like the MOTD has some much needed work. I also had a conversation with Doc about some “unspoken rule” with some guy basing and walling off a large area of land. I feel the ties should be revised, improved, made more clear, and user friendly

Carelos it literally isn’t. It’s basically saying you “can bypass most rules” which rules in particular? NLR? No. Prop flying? Sure. Is racism allowed in kingdom if only used in local chat? Honestly don’t know. Some of these are left to the staff’s best judgements and in doing so get wishy washy in the hands of staff.

I would be for gathering all the allowed things that are opposite of the server rules into a small forums post for King explicitly because it doesn’t say exactly what laws are and aren’t allowed. And with it being once in a blue moon laws are even a problem with the King it’s hard even for some upper staff because they’ve never had sits for it. 

Fat +1 from me. And if this is accepted I’d take the time to make it if a HA+ sat down and discussed the rules/laws he’s allowed to break/have

Gang Rules

Basic Description: Join together to build a massive place and fulfill your duties

Raid Heist Megabase

• The King may only create a mega-base inside the kingdom and not on the regular map
  • The King can override the following rules within the kingdom: Propclimb, RDM, Propsurfing, Skybasing
  • The King cannot override any of the following rules: NLR, Basing Rules, FailRP, Prop Block, anything not listed as allowed
  • Bloods & Crips are KOS to each other. Any crossfire may still be treated as RDM.

Yeah I can absolutely  see where the confusion can come into play. The fact that "The King cannot override... Basing Rules..." but "The King can override... Propclimb... Propsurfing, Skybasing" is confusing in itself.

Can the King make a skybase that you can only access by propsurfing to it if the base itself is within basing rules? If so, catch me playing/basing as King more often xD

I do think that a bit of clarification would go a long way both for the staff that have to take these sits and the players that like to really prod at the rules.

By basing rules it means any rules like head glitches, foot glitches, bases with prop block or no possible way in without using c4/makeshifts/blowtorches. I've never heard of any unspoken rules about king. If someone is basing in kingdom and king does not want them there he can ask them to leave if they don't staff can get involved and kick the player out as its like basing in someone else's base who already has owned doors and wants to use it. The simplest way to fix this problem might be just make;

The King cannot override any of the following rules: NLR, Basing Rules, FailRP, Prop Block, anything not listed as allowed

into

The King cannot override anything not listed as allowed

Other than that I see no reason to change king rules because it literally states in motd what king can change.

Can the King make a skybase that you can only access by propsurfing to it if the base itself is within basing rules?

Yes.

No.

The king rules do not state that he can override the following rule:

You cannot have a base that requires special tools/prop climb. It must be raid-able by a single person using a lock-pick and/or keypad-cracker.

The only rules that are able to be overridden by the king are in the MOTD. If a king is trying to break any rule not listed as allowed, it's not allowed. There isn't supposed to be anything "unwritten" (at least when I was admin/HA). If there is a contradiction with a staff member saying something different, have them contact an administrator to change the MOTD.

I would like to point out that it actually specifically calls out " Basing Rules " as not allowed to be overridden because we anticipated this scenario and not only is this a rule about basing, it is literally under the basing rules section.

If there are things that need to be updated, I would heavily encourage our local administrative representative to petition the rest of the group for a change of the rules list to make things clearer. Maybe it's only clear to me because I was there when we added to job and banged out all the rules for it.