Possible resolution for the biggest problem on the server

Quas

There are some things on the server that can be improved. But the biggest problem on the server in my opinion is staff not taking sits. The short amount of time i have been back on the server, i have made 5-10 reports and only 2 have been dealt with(when i made the reports, there were 3-6 staff members online. None of which were taking sits). I dont completely blame the staff team either, as it can get really repetitive taking sits and sometimes you get sick of it. Sometimes they lose motivation to take sits which can be understandable. I thought of a couple of ways to possibly fix this problem.

1. Staff Member Of The Week (SMOTW)- This can be a temporary Discord role that can be given to the staff member who has taken the most sits with 0 reports during that week. Kind of like an employee of the month. Whoever gets SMOTW, could be given an item in-game that could range from some XP to a T3 crate. I dont think a bunch of suga or cash will be a viable reward because it would probably break the market

2. Check sit logs every 2 weeks and make sure that staff members are taking sits and being active. If not, discipline them accordingly. Whether thats a demotion or a slap on the wrist. Admins and higher could give staff members warns which i feel would work pretty well. 

these are my suggestions for now for fixing this problem. Im aware i could just report people on the forums, but it shouldnt even be needed if there are multiple staff members online.

Remember being staff is a volunteer position, they are not obligated to do anything, they are simply helping out when they can. Staff are players too, they just have some tools to help keep the server under control.

Please do not set expectations of staff too high as this only puts more stress on them that is not necessary.

Also, the absolute worst thing you can do is criticize staff in game for not responding to your sit. If you do this that is the reason why only 2 of your 10 sits have been accepted.

I have been on many servers were the only way to report someone is on the forums, there are no active staff members taking sits or anything like that, and the system works fine.

Remember being staff is a volunteer position, they are not obligated to do anything, they are simply helping out when they can. Staff are players too, they just have some tools to help keep the server under control.

Please do not set expectations of staff too high as this only puts more stress on them that is not necessary.

Also, the absolute worst thing you can do is criticize staff in game for not responding to your sit. If you do this that is the reason why only 2 of your 10 sits have been accepted.

I have been on many servers were the only way to report someone is on the forums, there are no active staff members taking sits or anything like that, and the system works fine.

i understand its a volunteer thing but why would you volunteer for moderating a server then dont take sits?

Staff member of the week would make staffing a competition and we do not want that

Nothing wrong with a friendly competition

competition in some situations is a good addition, in this it is not,

i would prefer slow and thorough sits rather than rushed sits,

and as for the staff that takes little amount of sits? welll they still take sits so i see no problem with it, they volunteered to provide help even if it is little.

The main reason sits are taken slowly coming from a staff member myself of 5 months is that we take into account every possibility in the sit. Who's in the right, wrong something we missed or have you. Being thorough so that we don't fuck up our job and ban someone for something they didn't do. This happens most of the time due to most players not recording. As we all know logs don't show everything. Like someone yelling the hard r in voice chat. We just don't have logs for it. The finite details that are missed in the sit makeup half of the time in the sit given we have little to work with if you can't provide a video. Sorry if it is an inconvenience that your sits aren't being taken as fast as you'd like but most of the time a sit lasts for about 5 minutes and I have seen one sit last 45 minutes. We don't always get fast sits even worse when there is only 2 staff on when 6 different sits pop up all being different cases. (Sal you should know what I mean by that) I like the idea of competition but in this situation for what it is, it seems like a bad idea.