With the new printer update, it was expected that there would need to be some sort of balance to make them fair in competition with the other money making methods. While I think the disappearance of them upon degrading for 4 hours makes sense, I do not see how processors also require this nerf.
To begin with, processors weren’t the best money making method. Drugs were and have been for awhile now. Processors were simply the meta, but since this recent update to them they’ve become almost entirely useless and have also destroyed some markets in the process of their nerf. Most people have realized this and moved on from them, which makes this nerf effectively remove their potential money making and makes them the new printers from before.
It may seem dramatic in the way I’m putting it, but it’s the reality of them right now. What it has done is:
• Made processor tokens an unviable way of making money, in both the selling and buying market of them
• Made the buying and selling of processors from the F4 Entities menu unreliable and effectively killed its market
• Removed one of the more competitive aspects of basing, making it less enjoyable for those who want that pvp side of the server and making the processor one of those entities you simply leave behind or destroy
I think to fix this, there are several solutions that should be considered. Some that I have compiled would be:
1) The outright removal of degradation from processors, effectively making them to what they used to be before. Making them a viable money method again and allowing for the pvp side of basing to exist at a better state. (Personal belief)
2) Allowing processor tokens to be bound to the person they are spawned in by, rather than spawn in automatically degrading. Making the market for them viable and allowing processor bases to maintain themselves until the owner is to leave.
3) Allowing players to spawn in their entities under the name of another person, instead of their own. Making the market for them viable with /advert commands and allowing processor bases to maintain themselves until the owner is to leave.
4) Increasing the degradation period of processors from the almost unusable 4 hours they are currently set at, to 12 hours. Making them potentially more useable while basing.
Some of these ideas listed could work well in unison with each other, although for nothing to be accepted and processors to remain in their current state would remove their viability and a couple of the well founded markets we have. Coming from a player who has worked from the ground up over several months off the potential processors, it is sad to see the state they are currently in and I wish for future players to be able to have the opportunity I had with them. I have taken a lot of time to write this, I hope some are at least considered.