[Official] Map Creation Ideas / Suggestions

KDawg

In approximately 2 - 3 months we will attempt to have our own custom map. I don't know how long they take to make so it may take even longer since I won't cheap out on finding a mapper. Since all of our other map changes have failed, I think if we work together and really home in on what we want, it would be a success. In this thread I would like the community to discuss the possibilities and downright most important things that you would like to see. At the end of this thread (hopefully within a month or so), I will see if I can get someone to create it and make it a reality. The point of it is to make the best possible map that you would love to play on.

Anything in this thread such as discussion, suggestions, criticism is allowed.

To start it off, here is some of the things that I would think are cool:

• Very well optimized. This is #0 priority. If I am not getting 300 FPS everywhere without any addons then heck no
  • PD Station is larger, with an underground tunnel (cause thats sick)
  • Lots of secret places to travel to
  • A sewer / underground system
  • The roads and map is compact enough in a way that vehicles are not required. Ex) It can be a big map but not an open map such as EvoCity
  • Possibly a small lake or pond (or a few of them) for a fishing system

That's all I really have. If someone is good at using some drawing program like Photoshop or such and you could make a blueprint or such, that would also be a big help.

• Like 1

Maybe make the pd and bank two seperate things, and make it so the bank guard doesnt protect the spawnable bank he protects the seperate bank. Also so people can still add money to the seperate bank and gain investment

Yes,thank God!

Here are my ideas

-Make a military base for a new military class

-Make more shops that actually are made for being a gun dealer,etc.

-Make the PD building actually "lockdownable"covering doors,windows with panels that only the mayor could acsess the alarm in his office.

-Like Sugar said,lots of nice little hidden areas to find and explore

-Maybe make a forest section,with a deep cave or something

-Make wide,empty hills or land made for building and such

Im sure i will come up with more but thats it for now!

Yes,thank God!

Here are my ideas

-Make a military base for a new military class

-Make more shops that actually are made for being a gun dealer,etc.

-Make the PD building actually "lockdownable"covering doors,windows with panels that only the mayor could acsess the alarm in his office.

-Like Sugar said,lots of nice little hidden areas to find and explore

-Maybe make a forest section,with a deep cave or something

-Make wide,empty hills or land made for building and such

Im sure i will come up with more but thats it for now!

And in the forest section with a cave you can mine their and you can cut trees in the forest, +1 to all those ideas

These are my suggestions, I think it would be nice and add more to thr Roleplay experience as a whole on this server and give more options for different jobs. Not all of them here have to be added but more as just ideas. Here is my list:

• A place to hold the events on the server
  • Another admin land

• More admin sit spots.
  • A official bank (Other than PD)
  • More room 
  • A couple of Hotels
  • A hospital (Make doctor roles)
  • An actual prison (prison only, not attached to PD)
  • A couple buildings that are more towards meant to be gunstores
  • A park 
  • Some mansions
  • A rich, middle class, and poor suburbs area
  • Another industrial area
  • A larger downtown area
  • Stores with the job "Store manager", and "Store staff"
  • Alleyways where Drug dealers can sell their drugs
  • A harbor (You can take boats out to fish, Like sugar suggested for the fishing system.)
  • Already made Police checkpoints
  • A firestation with jobs
  • A fire system where random buildings can catch on fire
  • Basketball courts, soccer fields, etc.
  • Lots of buildings for bases
  • Toll booths?
  • Taxi drivers 
  • Restaurants
  • A building designed to be the mayors office (Not at PD)
  • A city hall (Good place for Mayors office)
  • A court room (To justify arrests)
  • A school
  • An area where killing is allowed 
  • A bridge
  • More ways to buy armor and Health other than PD
  • Health can be healed at the doctors office
  • A containment center where Hazmat people can bring people with Ebola
  • A weather system
  • A day/night cycle
  • A NPC where you can sell fish too
  • Some sort of system where you can hunt (including fish) Where you sell it to the stores for money
  • A hunger system
  • A base for the preacher in the sky
  • A public Housing system for the Hobos
  • A beach
  • A bar
  • A drinking system where you can get drunk
  • A go-cart race course

That is about it for my suggestions, if I think of anymore, I will edit this thread. Please consider some of these ideas as they will certainly enhance the roleplay experience. Thanks!

• Like 1

Maybe make the pd and bank two seperate things, and make it so the bank guard doesnt protect the spawnable bank he protects the seperate bank. Also so people can still add money to the seperate bank and gain investment

If this becomes a thing, I believe we should bring back the PD armory (most people won't remember this, but like a year ago we had an armory in the PD which acted as the bank,CPs could use the armory to take out strong guns, and non CPs could raid the armory just like the bank is raided). I believe we should have an armory that spits out strong weapons if raided, and the bank should spit out money if raided. Also, there should be a panic button in the bank, and a lockdown mode (like evilmelon), where if activated, the PD get a popup telling them to rush to the bank.

In addition, I think the PD should get super decked out, where the mayor doesn't have a tiny little office, and the armory is actually difficult to get to.

If this becomes a thing, I believe we should bring back the PD armory (most people won't remember this, but like a year ago we had an armory in the PD which acted as the bank,CPs could use the armory to take out strong guns, and non CPs could raid the armory just like the bank is raided). I believe we should have an armory that spits out strong weapons if raided, and the bank should spit out money if raided. Also, there should be a panic button in the bank, and a lockdown mode (like evilmelon), where if activated, the PD get a popup telling them to rush to the bank.

In addition, I think the PD should get super decked out, where the mayor doesn't have a tiny little office, and the armory is actually difficult to get to.

YES OMG BRING THIS BACK PLEASE (evilmelon) 

These are my suggestions, I think it would be nice and add more to thr Roleplay experience as a whole on this server and give more options for different jobs. Not all of them here have to be added but more as just ideas. Here is my list:

• A place to hold the events on the server
  • Another admin land

• More admin sit spots.
  • A official bank (Other than PD)
  • More room 
  • A couple of Hotels
  • A hospital (Make doctor roles)
  • An actual prison (prison only, not attached to PD)
  • A couple buildings that are more towards meant to be gunstores
  • A park 
  • Some mansions
  • A rich, middle class, and poor suburbs area
  • Another industrial area
  • A larger downtown area
  • Stores with the job "Store manager", and "Store staff"
  • Alleyways where Drug dealers can sell their drugs
  • A harbor (You can take boats out to fish, Like sugar suggested for the fishing system.)
  • Already made Police checkpoints
  • A firestation with jobs
  • A fire system where random buildings can catch on fire
  • Basketball courts, soccer fields, etc.
  • Lots of buildings for bases
  • Toll booths?
  • Taxi drivers 
  • Restaurants
  • A building designed to be the mayors office (Not at PD)
  • A city hall (Good place for Mayors office)
  • A court room (To justify arrests)
  • A school
  • An area where killing is allowed 
  • A bridge
  • More ways to buy armor and Health other than PD
  • Health can be healed at the doctors office
  • A containment center where Hazmat people can bring people with Ebola
  • A weather system
  • A day/night cycle
  • A NPC where you can sell fish too
  • Some sort of system where you can hunt (including fish) Where you sell it to the stores for money
  • A hunger system
  • A base for the preacher in the sky
  • A public Housing system for the Hobos
  • A beach
  • A bar
  • A drinking system where you can get drunk
  • A go-cart race course

That is about it for my suggestions, if I think of anymore, I will edit this thread. Please consider some of these ideas as they will certainly enhance the roleplay experience. Thanks!

This is a little too seriousrp-y for me tbhh. Some things I do agree with though are the hospital, deathmatch area, containment center for ebola, weather and day/night system, and firestation with jobs.