Reaching -100 rep as staff does not auto demote.

Sticks

Like the other staff members mentioned, I explicitly ask for negative rep. The "bug" you talk about is a description you get in the tab menu when you reach -100 and was never actually hard coded to demote anybody afaik.  "[-100] ={name = "Baddest Boy", desc = "Demote", once = true}

Regardless, even if this was hardcoded then TMODs would be demoted if they reach -20 according to your logic. "[-20] = {name = "Bad Boy", desc = "If you're a trial mod, demote", once = true}" (possibility to be abused???!!!)

I understand you have a grudge against me for an unknown reason, however it's odd that you're blatantly ignoring that I ask for - rep to paint me as a bad person. If you have an actual issue with me being a staff member feel free to report it.

8 minutes ago, Dev1 said:

was never actually hard coded to demote anybody afaik.

wrong 

(possibility to be abused???!!!)

asking players to -rep you yourself =/= asking other players to -rep a player
the 2nd option barely works when you ask (yall seem to think everyone online is a robot that takes voice commands)

Edited by Kilobyte

13 hours ago, Dev1 said:

Like the other staff members mentioned, I explicitly ask for negative rep. The "bug" you talk about is a description you get in the tab menu when you reach -100 and was never actually hard coded to demote anybody afaik.  "[-100] ={name = "Baddest Boy", desc = "Demote", once = true}

Regardless, even if this was hardcoded then TMODs would be demoted if they reach -20 according to your logic. "[-20] = {name = "Bad Boy", desc = "If you're a trial mod, demote", once = true}" (possibility to be abused???!!!)

I understand you have a grudge against me for an unknown reason, however it's odd that you're blatantly ignoring that I ask for - rep to paint me as a bad person. If you have an actual issue with me being a staff member feel free to report it.

so true and as far as i know nothing was hard coded on the server ever because i didnt personally inspect it.

if you somehow are able to get -100 rep you shouldnt be staff and the reputation system is supposed to demote at -100 which it clearly isnt doing. Simple as. End of.

Fix it k-dog and rubik.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the fact that he's actively going out, begging for -reps because he's already acknowledged the fact that people don't like him, says enough about his character.

I haven't even been back long and I already know people hate him as a staff member.

Regardless of whether or not -rep isn't auto-demoting him, it very well should as it really reflects on the community and "moderation team".

19 hours ago, {GN} Isaac said:

My entire time on this server I’ve never once seen a staff member be demoted for having low rep. I’ve never even seen anyone speak of this before. Especially the SA..  yes I agree someone that has bad reputation  shouldn’t be staff.. but reps ingame not gonna lie are a joke. You know how many people I’ve banned the - rep me .. like reps ingame can’t be trusted, as I stated before I value the community opinion so come to me or smod+ and we can discuss other options.  

I’ve also seen people on the server attempt to get - rep so are you saying they would be demoted for that ?? idk just doesn’t make sense in my opinion 

Actually-- in game reps are FAIRLY reputable. It's the forums and discord that aren't. I've never messed with discord rep because I seriously don't care enough to, but you can get what, 3-4 rep points a day to bomb someone on forums. In game, you have ONE reputation you can influence people with in game, and it doesn't stack per day. As an example- look at MY reputation and WHO negative reps me on these forums. You're going to see a trend of people rep bombing me. In game? They aren't allowed to do it, and so my forums rep makes me look bad, my in-game rep more clearly represents me.

Now that doesn't mean everyone is going to have this experience, but at least the reputation points cannot stack in-game. If that were the case, I might be more on your side on this one.

• Like 1
  • crybaby -1 1

Hello all! I have spoken with Rubik on the issue, and it turns out that while this was a feature in the past, it was not to be taken seriously and has since been removed.

Given that there is no intention from the staff/superadmin team to demote Dev1, and this feature has been removed, this thread is now:

CLOSED

If any of you have an issue with Dev1 or any staff member, please feel free to reach out or make a report.

• Like 1
  • Angry -1 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

• zoot locked this topic