You need to be RP related to someone being kidnapped to save them

David Davidson

You can't intervene when someone (not RP related to you) is getting mugged, stabbed, shot, sexually assaulted, etc

but for whatever reason currently you can if you see them getting kidnapped.

I think you should have to have a real reason to intervene,

lots of players just use this current rule as an excuse to kill someone, it makes no sense roleplay wise.

• cmonBruh 2
  • f 1
  • Sad Clown 1
  • thumbdown -1 3
  • crybaby -1 3

Maybe I'm wrong, but you sound like one of those kidnappers who tries to snatch people in the middle of a crowded area and then wonders why they got mowed down. I understand that most players stay clustered downtown and that being discreet would take more time, but kidnapping isn't supposed to be such a brazen thing. If you like to kidnap and don't have the pocket sand perk and you constantly get caught red-handed, it sounds like a skill issue to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Completely agree with makoto.

if you don’t wanna get blasted by someone for kidnapping . Be more silent about it because I rp as sk all the time and have no issues kidnapping nerds and running into a bases. 

“think you should have to have a real reason to intervene,

lots of players just use this current rule as an excuse to kill someone, it makes no sense roleplay wise.”

kidnapping is kos and very dangerous that is a real reason to kill.

Edited by {GN} Isaac

On 3/5/2023 at 4:11 PM, bugman said:

If you care about rp so much then how does it make RP sense to just kidnap in the middle of a crowd

As if people don't mug or kiss or bounty hunt one another in crowds?

On 3/5/2023 at 2:32 PM, Makoto said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but you sound like one of those kidnappers who tries to snatch people in the middle of a crowded area and then wonders why they got mowed down. I understand that most players stay clustered downtown and that being discreet would take more time, but kidnapping isn't supposed to be such a brazen thing. If you like to kidnap and don't have the pocket sand perk and you constantly get caught red-handed, it sounds like a skill issue to me.

There's a leveling perk to save you from one kidnap attempt per life, isn't that enough to avoid it

when you dont have a cop or batman or friend or two around?

Yeaaaaah I was going to say this when I first saw this but I thought maybe I was being harsh but I agree with the others. Unless you have gang perks that make kidnappings easier (pocket sand and others, I don't kidnap often so I didn't get them and don't know them all), then you need to be smart and use other resources to do it. I know this isn't exactly the most realistic or roleplay heavy server but in real life, if someone sees someone else kidnapping and they have a weapon.. what do YOU think is going to happen to the kidnapper...? I don't know about you but I'd want to attempt to save that person's life by any means.

Perhaps think about how you play kidnapping classes and change the way you try and deal with them. Go to a more remote area during busy times when randoms and people who aren't as aware are roaming the map, use drugs like adrenaline to make yourself fast to catch up to your intended victim quicker and easier, have a base with easy mobility if you're a serial killer, or just a quick-enter place as a cultist to sacrifice and protect the circle from any on-lookers to complete the sacrifice. Keep a weapon on you to shoot down anyone who wants to attempt to kill you. Remember, if you're shot you can shoot back, so technically you can kill someone trying to KOS you for kidnapping. 

Is it easy?? Not always, but if you play your cards right and use the tools that the server provides you, you can become a real salt-inducing kidnapper. It takes practice and patience sometimes, just like any other role. 

• Like 2
  • thumbdown -1 1

Kidnapping is KOS because you are an active threat to anyone and everyone around you. Kiss swep also fully heals people who it is used on so that one is not even a threat to anyone in any way. Hit men are only allowed to kill their one target when they have a hit unless they are attacked. Kidnappers are a problem especially when they have the kidnapper gang perks which blind everyone around plus when they fail a kidnap, it is pretty clear that they will more than likely go for another person or even the same person. Mugging can not have any way to effect many people or multiple people after the mug is attempted. Bounty hunting is the same kind of thing as hitman which is that he has ONE target and can not harm other people unless they attack him.