Bring back old basing

LeGerbs

Bring back old basing?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring back old basing?

• Yes! (Chad)
    • No! (I eat cock)

Personally, basing is better and worse, there are pros and cons to each entity set. I believe procs need a buff, but new basing is better in the sense that there are a use for printers, as well as drugs can hold their own as a money making method. 

Entity Decay SHOULD NOT be a thing, or at least make it a gang/level perk to remove that shit from your ents.

Processors deserve a buff, as well as Drug processors should get a buff as well. Drug processors getting a processing period of 15 seconds would make them better imo, Processors should still work the same as they do now. Maybe change the chances around a little bit, I’ve actually talked to new players about this before but 70% of new players think its dogshit, which in comparison it is, proc basing in 2022 is laughable.

Lets go over new bit miners, cool plugin, i like the system. What I don’t like, is how you lose money using them, if you dont use the gas generators, you lose money buying gasoline that outweighs the profit. Please buff that shit. Please.  If we are talking about new player longevity, I’ve seen sits called about how they think they are doing something wrong with the bit miners because they are losing money.

Bring back tokens. Add new tokens, fuck off sugar, no one cares you don’t like them. You talk about tokens like the boogie man but we both know the 60 proc bases made from tokens reduced the amount of people raiding. Including people slamming new players. Please bring back tokens, make mini printer tokens printer tokens/something else. 

That is my opinion on basing in 2022

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Merhaculous said:

Bring back tokens. Add new tokens, fuck off sugar, no one cares you don’t like them. You talk about tokens like the boogie man but we both know the 60 proc bases made from tokens reduced the amount of people raiding. Including people slamming new players. Please bring back tokens, make mini printer tokens printer tokens/something else. 

That is my opinion on basing in 2022

Fucking this.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoopajoop said:

while i am 100% down to bring tokens back, claiming that proc tokens kept new players from getting powerfucked by groups running 50+ proc bases is laughable

He didn't claim it prevented it from happening but it made it far less likely. If I plan on basing nowadays I have two options to make a substantial amount of cash in a reasonable time. 

1. Buy entities from new or old players.

2. Absolutely shit on new players for the entities they refused to sell me.

What tokens could help with is add the ability to get tokens so you don't have to buy entities or skull fuck some new player for their entities.

still of the opinion that proc tokens had no bearing on new players getting rekt, newbies have always been and always will be easy marks for getting robbed regardless of how much a group of prospective raiders already have

however now that that vip isn't required to access advdupe, i believe that issue to be much less of an issue

Edited by Hoopajoop
words
  • Failfish 1

23 minutes ago, Hoopajoop said:

still of the opinion that proc tokens had no bearing on new players getting rekt

he said it reduced raiding, which it did, no one with 60 processors in their base is going to be actively leaving their base to go and raid new players for a chance at getting 1 more processor. It also increases the risk of the player with 60 procs being targetted by a ton of raiders as they have the most entities on the server and if they leave their base to go raid they can get their shit raided, or if a friend is raiding there's less people defending etc. Typically though a 60 proc base wouldn't have 8 people basing inside of it because, well, most of the base is owned by 1 person so there won't be a lot of space to put a ton of printers/plots down.

fence gates are also really good now in terms of making a base, allowing for new players to still make good bases easily with very little knowledge.

Bring back tokens to t2s and stuff, legit no reason not to, it just encourages more basing to happen and less raiding on new players, even if you disagree, if someone has a ton of entities from tokens, they're not going to be actively seeking out new player's bases when they already have a ton of entities.

Buff processors, even if it means making the processor dominance gang talent a requirement to do so. Make it so if you have the Processor Dominance gang talent you have a higher chance of getting higher quantity of items or higher quality items from processors that you own.

As for bitminers, yeah buff them to be good, but make sure they're not as good as printers since you can't pickup box them, aside from that I'm fine with them being buffed. With the actual bitminers, maybe add a way to speed up the bitmining process or push the initial crafting plan called 'bitminer automater' which would auto-collect bitcoin mined from a miner. But since these crafting recipes have been scrapped I doubt they'll be pushed.

1 hour ago, Tene said:

he said it reduced raiding, which it did, no one with 60 processors in their base is going to be actively leaving their base to go and raid new players for a chance at getting 1 more processor. It also increases the risk of the player with 60 procs being targetted by a ton of raiders as they have the most entities on the server and if they leave their base to go raid they can get their shit raided, or if a friend is raiding there's less people defending etc. Typically though a 60 proc base wouldn't have 8 people basing inside of it because, well, most of the base is owned by 1 person so there won't be a lot of space to put a ton of printers/plots down.

ye i can read, thanks, but we'll have to agree to disagree or whatever

i just know that when i was new during the token days and still learning how to effectively use 1-ways and fences, every single night i'd get pooped on and robbed, and every single time i'd make an attempt at getting it back i'd get mowed down by a small firing squad set up in front of what i at the time thought was an unfathomably massive wall of procs seen in the death cam

but again, not even so much of a problem anymore as advdupe is available to all, so there's no real excuse to not having a solid dupe or three handy

I'm all for buffing basing, it's in a terrible spot right now and for many players they lose money from using things that used to literally just be a buy - forget - profit system (old bitminers and mini printers). Also as much as I enjoy the new printers, the old printer style of either run it like normal and make pretty good money, or superclock and make a shit ton of money but you have to watch it 24/7, was always a system I and many others enjoyed. 

Beyond this, not to shill the idea of selling money, but, yeah, public sale money was a good reason for many players to actively defend their bases and raid as you could make, or lose, pretty large sums of money but winning or losing raids. 

Further, with the idea of buffing basing to make it more enjoyable, raiding was fine the way it was, specifically the way it was before mat grenades worked like mat bombs. For those who dont know, mat grenades used to only fade materials and not clear fences like mat bombs do, AND mat bombs were harder to come across meaning that it was almost always a better idea to use another c4/timebomb instead of wasting a mat grenade. While I do agree with many of the nerfs (removal of c4 punting and fixes to c4 LoS) I also think the heavy nerfing of raiding just made it less fun, and when its not fun to raid, it discourages basing. 

Pretty much everything else has been covered by merh or tene so I dont really have much more to add but, I have one last thing to say. I dont care that sugar and new players say "basing isnt fun" clearly theres a lot of people who think it is as they were the main players of this server for almost its entire lifespan, and were the biggest players by far, so to discount this by just saying "erm actually i dont like basing so it clearly should be obsoleted". Thats the entire point we are making, basing isnt nearly as fun now and if it was put into a more usable state then it would be drastically more enjoyed by literally everyone.

• Like 1

i like the design and the racks for the newer printers but i like the older printer mechanics better. Old basing and raiding was a lot more interesting than it is now, being hit by raiders every 20 minutes as a big fight to have the most ents in a base at a time was very captivating and is what brought most players back. Now its just 1 or 2 bases during the course of the day with 200 plots in each base with 1 player melting their brain with crop growing and getting hit by some new player every 1-2 hours.

The "revamped" basing and raiding experience i think was just executed poorly and made it uninteresting for all players including ones who wanted basing and raiding(especially raiding) to be changed to suit non titsrp nolifers. I dont have any suggestions in mind to make raiding and basing fun again but i wanted to put my 2 cents on this topic.