Change Moderator Applicaton Requirement

toosii

"You must be a member of the server for at least one week"
Honestly I think this should be changed to at least 2-3 weeks.

1 week just doesn't seem like enough time for a new player to get to know the community, learn all the rules in the !motd, and learn at least some of our punishment guidelines.

Also, I understand why we took out the 2 line requirement (kind of) but I think a requirement should at least say that applications must be detailed..

I would rather it be a requirement making people put too much detail, than barely any at all. Ever since that requirement was removed we are getting so many applications with very very simple answers, not talking about how they would verify something, the length of the ban they'd give, etc etc. Quality over quantity is how I would prefer our staff team to be. Its better to have a smaller number of professional, knowledgeable staff members than a large number of staff members lacking motd/ punishment knowledge, and lack experience.

Figured I could bring something else up since I've seen other staff members mention it: Age requirement for staff?

Part of me thinks that there should be one, but another part of me thinks that as long as the person has good knowledge of the !motd/punishment guidelines, can act mature & do their job as staff correctly - age doesn't matter too much.

Edited by RAY RAY

Just now, Zesty said:

shouldn't this be in mods/admins only?

I was going to, but honestly its a server suggestion -I think non staff members opinions are still valid on this topic.

(if a smod+ thinks this should only be talked about by staff members, feel free to move this to the mods/admins only section)

Edited by RAY RAY
  • Like 1

1 week is plenty of time for a new player to learn all the guidelines and rules. Getting to know the community is another thing. You shouldn't accept people the same day the applicant has posted their application anyway. In the time staff are giving their opinions, the applicant will play more and naturally get to know more about the server (if they really want to be staff).

As for the detailed applications: while it is good to put a lot of effort that's not what makes good staff. Anyone can make an "average" staff application and still be a good staff member so long as they follow the rules and do their duties.

(also yeah, probably should've went in mods/admins only but whatever)

Edited by Booper Scooper
stuff
  • Like 1

Just now, Booper Scooper said:

1 week is plenty of time for a new player to learn all the guidelines and rules. Getting to know the community is another thing. You shouldn't accept people the same day the applicant has posted their application anyway. In the time staff are giving their opinions, the applicant will play more and naturally get to know more about the server (if they really want to be staff).

As for the detailed applications: while it is good to put a lot of effort that's not what makes good staff. Anyone can make an "average" staff application and still be a good staff member so long as they follow the rules and do their duties.

(also yeah, probably should've went in mods/admins only but whatever)

You made some valid points (which is why I wanted to let non staff members see this & give their opinions haha)

And I get what you're saying about the detail part. And you are definitely right. But I think adding something about detail in the requirements can help avoid us getting answers like this:

"Player X crossfired player Y in a raid. Player Y makes a sit claiming that Player X RDMed him. How would you investigate to check if it were crossfire?

look at the logs."

(which was posted in a recent application)

And ehhh some people may be able to learn everything within a week if they're very active & have played DarkRP before, but I really don't know if that is true for everyone. I feel like 2 weeks would be fair.

Every mod I know has a lot of days playtime, that should be a requirement. Days of playtime makes experience, the only reason why I may be a slightly good mod is because of how much I've heard the rules over and over echoed through playing so damn much. I agree that mod apps should be more demanding.

• Like 1

Just now, {GN} Isaac said:

Plz don't move this to mod and only I would like to see what the community has to say .

I won't unless a higher rank than me tell me to. I had the same idea, I wanted to hear the opinion of not only staff, but our regular VIP & user rank players.

Edited by RAY RAY

Requirements dont matter anymore because sugar made it so whoever gets tmod gets free supporter for a month which is dumb. I never liked this "Quanity > Quality" idea that sugar has. If you really want good staff members, then you should get good senior mods as they play a huge part of having smart staff. Recently, i havent seen a single tmod who has followed the "Education > Punishment" rule, which makes me worried a bit.

So you either remove the free supporter tmods get and actually follow the requirements, or become smod and take an hour to properly teach tmods about the rules and what they should do in each situation. This is all in the staff training sheet, not difficult to follow.

Edited by Jack Johnson
  • Like 4