Change Moderator Applicaton Requirement

toosii

5 hours ago, Jack Johnson said:

I never liked this "Quanity > Quality" idea that sugar has

It's obviously not a good mindset but you have to think about the people applying. Its not like we get flooded with applications. We have to evaluate each application and see if the person is trainable. Everyone says bro just get better staff but okay where them god applications tho..

We recently went down to 26 staff and more reports of staff not taking sits. In theory, our staff should be able to train and get tmods into a position where they get promoted to a moderator. But, it's not always the case where players are trainable and that's okay, they just get removed. Trial moderator is what the rank says. A trial moderator. Applications should be accepted more or less based off how staff know the guy in game. If they don't know him in game then the technicalities of the application are more valid imo. For example, how well did he answer xyz compared to "I always see you helping people in game, very respectable and while some of these answers are not 100% right, we can get you to where you need to be"

You have to understand that staff have to be on 24/7 because the server is on 24/7. When there is one guy online and taking all of the sits at prime time and no one is there to help him, they get burnt out and want to resign within a week or two (happens much more often than you think). Why put your life through hell for the sake of some dumb gmod server.

It's even worse when that staff member pings all other staff for help and they say "just log off bro". No one wants that.

If you have several staff onlie who ban mass rdmers and take a random sit here and play for 2+ hours a day, it's much better than having a star player that plays 1 hour a day, every other day. There are exceptions to the rules when it comes to this but it's more complicated than "higher quality staff = better server". You have to balance things out. Obviously wish we could get God staff applying but we deal with what we are given.

Also just want to point out that not a single newly promoted tmod has asked for Supporter yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Tits said:

It's obviously not a good mindset but you have to think about the people applying. Its not like we get flooded with applications. We have to evaluate each application and see if the person is trainable. Everyone says bro just get better staff but okay where them god applications tho..

We recently went down to 26 staff and more reports of staff not taking sits. In theory, our staff should be able to train and get tmods into a position where they get promoted to a moderator. But, it's not always the case where players are trainable and that's okay, they just get removed. Trial moderator is what the rank says. A trial moderator. Applications should be accepted more or less based off how staff know the guy in game. If they don't know him in game then the technicalities of the application are more valid imo. For example, how well did he answer xyz compared to "I always see you helping people in game, very respectable and while some of these answers are not 100% right, we can get you to where you need to be"

You have to understand that staff have to be on 24/7 because the server is on 24/7. When there is one guy online and taking all of the sits at prime time and no one is there to help him, they get burnt out and want to resign within a week or two (happens much more often than you think). Why put your life through hell for the sake of some dumb gmod server.

It's even worse when that staff member pings all other staff for help and they say "just log off bro". No one wants that.

If you have several staff onlie who ban mass rdmers and take a random sit here and play for 2+ hours a day, it's much better than having a star player that plays 1 hour a day, every other day. There are exceptions to the rules when it comes to this but it's more complicated than "higher quality staff = better server". You have to balance things out. Obviously wish we could get God staff applying but we deal with what we are given.

Also just want to point out that not a single newly promoted tmod has asked for Supporter yet.

where is my 30 day supporter at?

2 hours ago, Doge Skeletor said:

Only thing I have to add is smack a fat age requirement, make i like, 17 minimum. Someone was staff at age fucking 13, that's fucking ridiculous, lets not allow small children to power trip over a gmod server please.

I kind of agree with that honestly, but if they are able to act mature, professional, enforce the rules properly & don't power trip - their age shouldn't matter.

But at the same time I can't really see somebody under 15 doing that good because lets face it, they're still a kid... their emotions are most likely going to take over at some point & if they get pissed of they will probably abuse their powers.

Edited by RAY RAY