Remove The Ban On Selling/Buying In-game Money

Zek

I don't mind either way if people buy with IRL cash or don't. I just want to give a counter to the affecting server stuff blah blah.

If the server does end up embracing it, why not have an official player shop thing where someone can pay to set up a shop and everything runs through the server.? This could make it so scamming is almost impossible, and the owners could add a percentage of tax deducted from the trade that goes to server. Just a thought.

EDIT:
this would also solve the issue sugar had with it being shoved down players faces. instead of people adverting 999999999999999999999999999x in an hour about their shop, add the shop to fountain or something so people dont need to advert 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999x about their irl money shop (that shit was annoying)

Edited by Tuss
cum
  • Like 2
  • thumbdown -1 1

We have talked about partial solutions to different issues that were raised by sugar in the past, def keep suggesting good ideas.

For those who know, you know i used to sell. I would say its overall not bad because it allows for those who do not have alot of time to grind to also enjoy the baller life. Someone comes home from work, wants a couple mil, they have quick access to that.

i generally support the selling/purchasing of money but i defer to sugars decision 

i could see a possible issue if someone were to find a way to dupe money, (def not me) they could end up selling the money they didn't earn to people. this would give people even more of an incentive to find ways to exploit money as there would practically be a cash reward

@HIDDENThanks for the reply but I think you're still seeing the issue with pink glasses.

*Having the risk of losing actual money that can be gained when raiding/base defending creates a more hostile environment

This is true for all competitive games rust/csgo/league etc... It will indeed create a hostile environment and this was the case for the majority of TitsRP's life. You might not like it, but it is not a reason to enforce your playstyle onto others. There is going to be more people who get mad and there will be more sits but this has been the norm for years and I think it was a way more fun place to be around than today. If the staff team could handle them back then, they can now. If they don't, they can resign.

If you real goal is to decrease sits and make a less hostile environment, why not ban any RP that involves something that could piss someone else off? This is just a radical position with no realistic objective. The issue here is that the competitive scene was big and motivated a lot of people to come and play this server. 

*It increases the possibilities for players to get scammed out of potentially large sums of REAL money

If a middleman service is implemented it would avoid this (I would always use a staff as a middleman). You try to portrait it as if BIG amounts of money are traded, but in reality it's almost always under 100$ which is a good price to pay for a life lesson if you ask me.

*Having players spam/post about buying DarkRP money in-game annoys me and I assume it might turn off some newer players

I addressed this in my thread but I think how you view this is subjective and I already said why it could also be viewed in a positive light.

*Having money on the line could potentially encourage players to seek out advantageous bugs or exploits to make a quick buck,

If people were seeking exploits they already most likely tried and failed and the money you make from selling is again not that much. If they try to sell 1 billion it would be easy to track it anyways.

As for @1-800-Suicide what is the difference between not being allowed to advertise in-game and the state we are in right now? 

Because as of right now, people are selling without getting caught in discord servers. How would removing the ban and banning ingame advertising be different ? Being able to advertise on the Official discord? I doubt there is any traction from new users who would usually be the majority of the customers.