LGBTQ Discrimination

Danutercisd

37 minutes ago, < Error Fetching Data! > said:

I'm all for this as long as you don't harass/ban me for being #SuperStraight, which is NOT made to be transphobic btw. It just means I am only attracted to biological females. I'd bake a trans cake for a trans person, I do not find myself having an intimate relationship with them.

Super straight is literally a smear campaign against the LGBTQ. 

• Failfish 1
  • reckduck 1

In my opinion, I think that we really should take into account whether or not we are making the game unfun or ruining peoples experiences by harsh restrictions in what you can say. I think that for things like racial slurs universally banning them is reasonable as their connotations are offensive plus it being a violation of the TOS, along with not boding well as a community server. When we try to appeal to every human being that walks on this earth, a whole can of worms opens up. I think when sugar created the rules "Don't be a dick, we're all here to have fun and play the game" and "DO be respectful to everyone" he intended for us to be welcoming to community members and not to start bullshit petty arguments that nobody wants to hear. We do appeal to a large amount of audiences, it's just for words like ****** we gauge whether it's targetted against a member of our community because the connotations over time have really deteriorated. Where ****** may at one point have been commonly used against the LGBTQ community, it's really moreso used now as classic gamer banter. If someone is uncomfortable with a word, behold the mute feature usable through tab menu. If it's targetted against them then that's a staff issue, as it would be harrassment. If it's someone calling everyone that word, that would be Player Toxicity like coba said. While I don't dislike having a nice community I think having fun is necessary. Like swastika's, how we have them now is not exactly working. New players regardless will still leave because they cannot bear to see that at all done at any point, and will not call any sits about it to begin with. The people who do call sits will still lose their opinion of the server when the admin takes it down and doesn't appeal to their request of a removal from community, strip of human rights, and a going away celebration of all racists. This is the internet, where chimps, edgy teenagers (Like me) and pooperheads roam. The funs over when people aren't having fun, not when people who have never interacted with our community start telling us how to roll.

I can add a client-side chat filter which you can enable to remove certain trigger words from chat but I don't agree that this is the direction we should be headed with the server. It's just a game, I don't see why you would be so offended by a word unless there was something else going on in your life, in that case you should reach out to someone such as a friend or family member that can get you some help. 

I think giving people the option to hide offensive content is a good idea though and I will work on something to do just that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fuel said:

Rubik do you think it's possible to do the same thing for swastikas or cross signs on LGBT flags in which they either go invis or get censored respecitvely?

I don't see that being a possibility, no. If you are offended by that stuff and the person refuses to remove it, just contact a staff member. 

• KDawg locked this topic