Class weapons in weapon checks

7aman

I've recently had a problem while playing on this server. Every time I went out in public as certain jobs, I got arrested immediately. I asked the CPs why they arrested me, and the most common answer is "I weapon checked you."

Yesterday, we had Fireborn as a dictator mayor, and one of his laws went along the lines of "People without gun licenses will be weapon checked" while his gun license price was 500k... So unless you dish out half a million on a gun license (that the mayor will try and delay or refuse), you are basically AOS as jobs with weapons on them (That you cannot drop).

So, I just ask for a solution to this. Maybe making class weapons always legal (in weapon checks or in everything), or maybe banning random weapon checks, or setting a maximum price on licenses that is realistically affordable for new and amateur players, or something else I haven't mentioned here.

1 minute ago, 7aman said:

About that, would that count as a form of self defense? Or would I be wanted for that? And if it is self defense, can other cops still KOS me?

Adding onto that, would it be rda if a cop arrested me for the random check?

I think this should definitely be changed somehow. This sounds really unfair, so what I suggest is that you can warn cops That try to come near you, and if they don't oblige you can gun them down. 

Edited by Dan Mcstubbins
Grammar

All weapons are illegal by default without a license. If a CP is weapon checking you, just shoot them for going in your pants. Yes, cops can shoot or arrest you for shooting a cop. 

If CP can random weapon check, stay away from CP if you know you have a weapon. This is a problem that can be solved by putting the smallest amount of thought towards your RP. If you're currently doing something illegal, just walk away from the cops the worst they can do is follow you (if they stun or cuff you for walking away but they haven't witnessed a crime, call a sit or /demote for brutality) and you can warn them to go away if they're specifically following you.

In general, even if you were defending yourself against a cop IE they shoot you with a stun gun or shoot at you for committing a violent crime, if another cop readily witnesses this occur they are in the clear to KOS you as you murdered their fellow officer. On an earlier thread, walter stated the price you can pay for a gun license is just a possibility of actually owning a weapon legally, as having a weapon without a license by default is already illegal. Just kill em if they check your pockets or avoid a police dense area.

I think dictator mayors should have less "power" in general because mfs playing cops and cop ccs during dictatorships will go out of their way to arrest people for the most miniscule shit just to make 2-5k  (i.e having a weapon on your character even if its part of your class like the original point of this post)

6 hours ago, SEWER OVERLORD said:

Coulda sworn laws made to target specific classes is not allowed. Those laws seem to be the case, considering you literally cannot do anything about the weapons on that class. 

There aint a law targetting any class, just a genius idea. Either the mayor makes money off you paying a fine, you buy a gun license, you don't caught, or you revolt and kill the mayor.