Rule changes to terrorist part 2

Fuel

So, blue originally made a suggestion but he kinda smells like unga unga cheddar cheese so I am gonna take it at my liberty to make it my own.

1: So, first off let me go out on a limb and assume that everyone is in agreeance that the 5 minutes you have to wait before you can kill non CP is stupid. Let's be honest, it serves absolutely no purpose. It's simply just a weakness time, to which as a response people who have played the job before will just camp in industrial till the 5 minutes are over and they can actually have fun. The only people who play the job as intended which means hunting down cp for 5 minutes are newer players who don't realize that since they're always KOS on a terrorist attack they can get rko'd while they kill some random CP by 20 cc's, then feel like the game sucks and they can't enjoy their rp experience. My suggestion is to remove this completely and just allow terrorists to MRDM as soon as they perform a !terrorstart or change it to be so terrorists have a designated 5 minute preparation time like my buddy abstergo from british said.

2: Let's be honest, sure there may have been a good reason to disallow this in the past but now it's extremely common to see players running around with some sort of jump swep to access higher parts of the map, even people without a cc have one. I think terrorists should be allowed to camp on buildings and then just pursue with their terror attack as such on higher ground. It logically doesn't make any sense to me that they wouldn't be able to go on rooftops meanwhile people with CC's can, and will absolutely get on higher ground and stampede terrorists death from above and they will cry because they lost. This rule should either be removed from the jobs description (or rules, the motd says that the rules for the job are in description) or should be rephrased to say that you are allowed to go on rooftops.

3: Allow terrorists to use SBC Cannons. Jetpacks were OP and are essentially useless now considering the nerf so they don't have to be in the question since you are more likely to die if using one than to not die. Spiderman swep is currently the meta in a terrorists loadout during an attack. So, since SBC Cannons were also heavily nerfed (In case you didn't know, you are no longer able to inventory them, drop them, and they have limited ammo) if someone wants to spend the money on a tool that realistically isn't going to be that useful given SBC's are liable to moreso kill you than the perpetrator especially with your limited options of travel/escape then people who are willing to put the money into doing so is on them. Right now people who play terrorist a lot (Like mr Blue) just place timebombs in fountains and spiderman swep away so it's not like explosives aren't still used. It just irks me that a "Mass RDMing machine" as our MOTD calls it is not allowed to mrdm with a wide range of tools at their disposal

First one: I think just letting it happen is dumb, maybe the terrorist could be teleported to a random place while the mayor gets a notification and to be able to call a lockdown or send cops to apprehend the suspect? Maybe lower the damage that normal people can do. What about adding a silent terror were the terrorist gets a disguise and can go around and place 30 second bombs on specifically set hotspots that can kill a few people then after the 30 seconds on the bomb goes off, the terrorist loses their disguise and the mayor is notified? Maybe adding suicide bombers that run into a crowd of people and blowing up, ending their terror of course, then a cooldown for like 20 minutes or something on the job.

Second one: I wouldn't be against that because snipers are a thing, terrorist's aren't allowed to build, and being on a rooftop makes you more visible and likely to get brains blown out. What if batman could throw his zipties up and hit the terrorist so he could restrain him and kill him? Terrorists is pretty OP especially if you have an artifact ready to start popping heads like candy so why not add a way to instantly remove terrorists from being able to do much?

Third one: SBC's aren't allowed for a reason, people would camp in corners and spam it at spawn tunnels making it hard to play, even if they are nerfed, I don't see a reason to allow them again.

Edited by koda

2 minutes ago, Abstergo said:

+1 On all accounts except the SBC thing.

I have a pretty good proposal for a rework of this job actually, maybe it should be it's own post but anyway heres my idea:

Instead of 5 minutes of only killing CP's, you get 5 minutes of prep time. During prep time, you are disguised as a random CC, (Like the serial killer. Just reuse the code lol), given a C4 swep with 3 uses, no sound, and no ability to destroy props. Damage only. The C4 will detonate 5 minutes after placing instead of 30 seconds, and can be defused as normal. The idea is that the terrorists will have to work in secret during this prep time and plant bombs all over the town in hidden locations. This should make them more terroristy and less crappy rdmer.

With further elaboration this suggestion seems less odd than what you proposed firsthand. I like it mr abstergo. +67

I had wrote a very scathing reply regarding the SBC suggestion, then I realized that bringing back 200-kill-terror-attacks would result in mass chaos and confusion so I'm all for it. +1

Edit: Let's go even further. Bring back old terrorist with no restrictions and let them kill anyone to start out with and give them BOMBS but you personally can't become the terrorist job for like a week after your terror attack ends.

If we let them in bases they'll be impossible to find but then again they're TERRORISTS and shouldn't be EZ to kill. I do however think we should continue not allowing them to swim out to sea, we could add a pirate job for that. I want to say sewers should still be off limits but that's exactly the kind of place a terrorist would hide.

Edited by Walter the Assaulter
  • Thanks 2

I mentioned in my post that SBC's should be allowed, and I still think this, but I honestly don't agree with letting terrorists be able to camp roofs. There are some gnarly roofs people can just camp all day with protection from gun fire.

I think terrorists should be given free reign on anything concrete above ground, maybe sewers too, however I disagree on letting them in bases, that would be abused way too heavily, more than roofs.

1 hour ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

Edit: Let's go even further. Bring back old terrorist with no restrictions and let them kill anyone to start out with and give them BOMBS but you personally can't become the terrorist job for like a week after your terror attack ends.

I really don't like this, because I enjoy doing back to back to back terror attacks, and it's already annoying having to wait the timer when you die. I would find terror attacks considerably less fun if I could only do it once a week, because there are so many variables that can make or break an attack, like who's online, who's a cop at the moment, where you start, all sorts of shit, and if it got ended real quick for some reason, there goes my fun for the week.

I could see this being a balanced feature if say, you could only terror every 2 hours, like how you cant kidnap the same person as sk within that time. If it was 1-2 hours, I would be all for this being implemented.

Also, suicide vests that go off upon death or triggering. 

balanced 

every 2 hours

you didn't read my edits

A week was a bit hyperbole though. Come to think of it, 2 hours might be good if we don't lift any of the current equipment restrictions. You weren't there. I still have flashbacks. SBC haunts my dreams. 

How Would it make sense to let them in sewers but not bases? What about sewer bases? If we say they aren't supposed to just sit in a base and hide and instead want to be going out and finding people that's all fine and dandy, but then what's the difference between hiding in the corner of the sewers and hiding two feet to the left inside a base, where one would be allowed and the other not in that scenario? I'd absolutely support saying terrorists need to be OUT and ABOUT but idk how we'd quantify or enforce that

Or we just say it's for balance with no RP meaning behind it and I'm probably +1. But then why can they raid, but just not during a terror attack? I think terrorists should at least be able to enter the PD during a terror attack, that'd be pretty cool

I agree with Walter, Blue, and Fuels points, heavily. 

I'll provide my brief take that steals from these three dudes ideas. 

I believe that the terrorist should be able to use anything at their disposal, and an item that would perhaps increase their mobility to compete with Loaded CCS(This one doesn't really have to be considered, but I wanted to put it out there.) mainly though, I don't think the terrorist should be camping anywhere, so in my opinion, I think they should be allowed anywhere except for beach, private bases, and sewers, AND, After the first 5 minutes of their terror, they would have a bombsuit that they could activate on command/when they die, or, it would activate after 5 seconds of standing still, to avoid camping. Oh yeah, and the 5 minute cop only thing should be removed completely. 

25 minutes ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

should at least be able to enter the PD during a terror attack, that'd be pretty cool

PD/Bank since they are basically public buildings should definitely be considered. Slaying the infidel government in their own pd would be pretty pog.

25 minutes ago, Walter the Assaulter said:

You weren't there. I still have flashbacks. SBC haunts my dreams. 

I was around when they could still use jetpacks, when was SBC's disabled, do you remember?

As with the sewer response, that's a fair point, so honestly yea I'm +1 for the increased cooldown but allowed to enter sewers and bases (Maybe add a no basing during terrors rule so people dont try to camp in their friends bases)

Edited by Blue.

Honestly I don't get why people shit on the SBC idea. When SBCs got removed from terrorist at that time you could invholster them allowing you to get infinite ammo with SBCs the difference now is it will now just be a small burst of insane kills for the terrorist and I think that is completely fine. All the homies love SBCs

• Like 1
  • uhoh 1

5 minutes ago, Blue. said:

I was around when they could still use jetpacks, when was SBC's disabled, do you remember?

I don't remember the exact date but I think 2017. I'd rather them spawn with old jetpacks rather than have the ability to equip old SBCs. I'm not 100% sure exactly what's changed for SBCs since then though so take that as you will.

Thinking about it I may have actually said the opposite in another thread somewhere lol. But if SBCs were as nerfed as people are making them out to be (ignoring the inability to inv them since that literally doesn't do anything to curb their potential to SUPER mass murder) then it's definitely worth considering, sure