Raiding Exploit/Loopholing

CSMRhodes_RogueOne

Category:

Exploit

Priority:

Urgent

Description:

Loopholing/Exploitation of the rules of self destructing your stores entities; Players can hide behind your entities and apparently there is nothing you can do about this.

How to reproduce:

Get raided and have any entity possible for a raider to get behind

I personally see this as a massive exploit/loophole - seeing how players can essentially create admin armor for themselves by managing to get behind any entity you own. 

You cant destroy it, so shooting at them is highly dangerous as it can lead to punishment for only trying to defend your base. 
Nowhere in the rules does it specify anything like this, or any way to get back at the player for doing it. 

No matter your base it will almost always be possible for this to occur, and something needs to be adjusted to avoid this exploit being massively used. (i've had this happen in 4 raids against me so far) 

There are other issues as well but I see this as being a very large hole in the rules. 

Edited by CSMRhodes_RogueOne
Question Answered: Exploit NULL

Are you talking about someone hiding behind your printers, your jeep? There are a lot of things that fall under the entity category, and I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

Edited by Blue.

I see how this could be a problem but you could always just not make it able for a raider to get behind or just have recording software ready so if they ever drag you to a sit they can’t say “you destroyed your entities on purpose”

Edited by FK_BOOLIN

Typically if a raid is going on and the person is using their procs as cover then they are letting themselves have an explosive landmine right next to their skull, Just shoot it and kill them. 

If you dont get the profit, it still means you gain by not having them get the profit.

1 minute ago, Cobaselic said:

No, what he's saying is that raiders are hiding behind the entities of the baser. but tbh, if you have to destroy your shit to kill them, we can use showNLR to see where they were. 

But yeah, you should prolly have your procs up against a wall my dude. There's no way they can even hide behind a printer, so you ain't gotta worry about that.

This is the best thing to do, this isn't exploiting moreso just bad entity placement. Its always a good idea to have your entities in a safe area away from gunfire, explosions, and raiders. @CSMRhodes_RogueOne

Seems like nobody answered his question/concern. He is afraid that if he is shooting to kill the raiders who are hiding behind his entities, and destroys one by accident that he will be warned for destroying his money making entities during a raid, which is technically against the rules. However, if you are making a legitimate attempt to defend a raid, and they are hiding behind your entities, it is their fault that they are being destroyed, and no staff member should be warning you for this. In general, I would only warn for this if it was blatant, and malicious.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Jewann said:

Seems like nobody answered his question/concern. He is afraid that if he is shooting to kill the raiders who are hiding behind his entities, and destroys one by accident that he will be warned for destroying his money making entities during a raid, which is technically against the rules. However, if you are making a legitimate attempt to defend a raid, and they are hiding behind your entities, it is their fault that they are being destroyed, and no staff member should be warning you for this. In general, I would only warn for this if it was blatant, and malicious.

Heard- Appreciate it. I don't see always applying entities to walls to be applicable- so either way I just don't want to get myself warned/banned etc. for trying to stop raid ya know? - So i've had players make it into the base and run in behind a shelf of printers and peak out enough to shoot me but im unable to return fire because of the rules- So if they manage to hide behind my entities and I slap a screenshot of them behind it- this is a viable defense for shooting your own entities? Thanks for the response though I think this needs to be specified in MOTD for newer players.

The reason I say this is the fact that a processor is so large the only way for it to not be used as cover is to put it in a corner (eventually you run out of walls and corners if you're a decent player/raider) 

I appreciate the legitimate detailed response. thanks jewann. 

In a post somewhere, when Sugar uped the health of money making entities. He basically removed the rule and said "If you want to go out of your way, go ahead." Which I don't necessarily agree with but since the health of ents has been lowered from the tank it used to be, I'm guessing the rule stands. As long as you aren't blowing up ents intentionally so the raiders can't get them theres no real problem unless a staff doesn't like u

Unless someone's out to ruin your day (in which case you should appeal it), an excuse like "they were hiding behind them" is very valid since we can check death positions AND it means they baited you into breaking a rule so they could call a sit. I'd try to grab a screenshot in case they try anything funny if you're worried about it, or when a raid starts you can start recording a demo file and just go back and record it normally to upload it if you need to.

Because I know how this server works, this doesn't mean you can put the entities against your defensive wall and use that excuse.