Old and stupid rule that needs removal. UPDATED

Fuel

You may not remove a Dupe to bring entities inside your base, then repaste the Dupe. This is declared FailRP.

SugarTits has literally admitted that the rule was made to prevent people getting stuck in dupes during raids, keep that in mind.

This rule is stupid and outdated, due to the fact that nobody follows it except a select few, and if someone reports them, they can litwrally get warned. WTF? Why should FailRP apply outside of a roleplay scenario? If this is the case, how come it's not FailRP to delete a Dupe to let a person in? Shouldn't that fall under same category? I would be legitimately concerned that someone could do this by reflex and affect their permanent record on the server for something so miniscule. Are people not already punished for repasting dupes during RP scenarios? EG: Kidnapping, Raiding, Revolution

Making a seperate rule that might I add has no purpose as it was already rendered a misworded rule by sugar, not to be taken to exact intent, is still used to this day? Bullshit in my eyes, hope somebody can agree with me and if you don't, leave your insite on here, anyway.

For fuck sakes then, specify the rule? Its not that hard. All you gotta do is change

"You may not remove a Dupe to bring entities inside your base, then repaste the Dupe. This is declared FailRP."

to

"You may not remove a Dupe then repaste your Dupe to avoid an RP scenario; IE: Raid, Kidnap, Stalk, as this is declared FailRP.

This rule basically is only held up in RP situations. If you just wanna get in your base just go ahead, but if you're getting raided and you undupe to run out that isn't allowed. It makes sense and is needed IMO

i got saiah put in some shit when he was a tmod or mod about this. i do this shit on the daily, but its still a rule. a retarded rule. def needs to be changed/less strict.

This rule was made because people were deleting their dupes, running in, and pasting them during RP situations such as getting raided, bringing entities in after a raid, using the dupe to avoid someone chasing them/their friend either to steal entities or kill/arrest them, or other RP. Like you said, the rule should be changed to reflect this. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but are you wanting to make one specific RP scenario (transporting money-making entities) an exception to the rule?

• 2 months later...

I have to say this is incredibly annoying when it happens in RP though, I have SEVERAL TIMES, dozens of times had dupes pasted on me mid-raid and instead of deleting the dupe the player in question will just shoot me while I am completely stuck, this happens MUCH more often than I can express and I have no way to prove these occurances because of my inability to record gameplay.
I think this rule is there for a reason.
I think the rule should be changed slightly, you should not be able to remove/paste a dupe if all doors aren't closed and locked.
This would prevent all of the horseshit that happens from people pasting dupes with their doors and wide open.