Bi-Weekly Events

Sea Bear

[align=center]Yes we have Events that a player has the ability to make I don't really join many of the current events because they are not to fun.

My suggestion that the server implements a Bi-Weekly (Once every 2 weeks) system that players can prepare and look forward to with a bigger reward pool. I am thinking that theses events should be hosted in the "sit area" . This would allow more room and will not restrict the use of places like the RDM zone. The sit area has a lot of unused space and it would be the perfect spot for such a big event. I am thinking like official/temporary bit of land with building not just player props and such that Mods make once and a while. I imagine the events being automatic (No host). The events should be advertised once every 2-3 hours. Saying something "The event _____ will occur in ___ days at ____(TIME ZONE) Prize _____. Some kind of advertising so that players know what event is to be coming and the prize/ Prizes ;). I know this would be a HUGE x9999 step but if Rubik/Doc/Sugar are down for this I think it will make TITS RP stand out.

Below are a few events that I can see working with this system. but please give some suggestions that you think would be good if this where to be added. =)

I will include prize ideas after the events.

--------------

Possible Events

--------------

==Battle Royal== 

A maximum of 50 players are put into a random part of this big city with guns scattered around on the ground. Players fight to be the last one standing.

==Boss Fight== 

Players are put into an Arena and are given 5 minutes to get sorted out. Players work as a team to defeat waves of hostile enemy's (lots of addons for enemy's). The competing players will be given a select choice of weaponry (or special classes)    Each wave the enemy's will increase in damage out put/resistance (can be different more lethal enemy's). Score will be determined through amount of damage done.  After a few waves of enemy's the BOSS will come to the arena (Big deadly enemy). After killing the boss the event will end. Prizes can be given to all the participants like 100k or some shipments. The top 5 players with the highest damage will be given special prizes. If you have failed to kill the BOSS then the participation award will be the only prize.

==Infection== 

Players will find them self in an post apocalyptic city. A pool of 1-3 players will be chosen to be the First infected. These infected will have a higher health pool and increased (speed/jump). Players will start with a simple gun to defend them self's and as they get kills theses kills can be traded for  (weapons/talismans/armor/health). If a player is killed then they join the infected hoard as a normal infect with normal health and increased (speed/jump). If player/players survive lets say ~15 minutes then the remaining players will split the prize pool and the infected will be given participation rewards. If Infected wins then the 1-3 First Infected will split the prize pool other given the participation reward. 

--------------

Possible Prizes

--------------

I was thinking that prizes could be a few million for the players that Win a Bi-Weekly event. I think that any player that took part in one of these events deserves a participation reward.

-PS please if you have any ideas put a response[/align]

+1, but who's going to build, manage, plan, etc. these events? It sounds like a huge thing sugar/rubik/doc would have to deal with as well as the updates soon to come from the recent community meeting.

Yes  like I said it would be a huge step and I do feel like it should be over watched by someone to make sure things are going well. It will take time but if it is done I do think it would make TITS appeal more to players.

What about an “event host” job that has a really high prop limit? You must be set to it by a mod but it would allow players to hold events on their own under the supervision of staff.

That would be interesting for player that wishes to host an event and I do think that that should be added.

The Bi-weekly events do not require a person to reward players from there own wallet

please don't forget this server is meant for even potato pcs to have good optimization.

this would absolutely be a huge detriment to a large portion of the server's FPS.

Well it only occurs every 2 weeks and should only effect the FPS for about 10-30 minutes

I like rubiks suggestion. As it stands right now staff or community can host an event by asking an admin to allow them to host one and explaining your idea for the event, Admins then make the appropriate announcement in the #events channel in the discord. I don't think we need any other ingame promotion of events like you described aside from the 'Event Host' job rubik mentioned.

please don't forget this server is meant for even potato pcs to have good optimization.

this would absolutely be a huge detriment to a large portion of the server's FPS.

We would probably have events hosted in the skybox, that way players who choose not to participate would not be close enough to be affected by all the props as much. Good point though! Definitely something to consider.