Bi-Weekly Events

Sea Bear

I like rubiks suggestion. As it stands right now staff or community can host an event by asking an admin to allow them to host one and explaining your idea for the event, Admins then make the appropriate announcement in the #events channel in the discord. I don't think we need any other ingame promotion of events like you described aside from the 'Event Host' job rubik mentioned.

I like Rubiks idea don’t get me wrong that would be nice addition to the server. But my issue for that is it is limited and does not allow the host to restrict use of things such as props/job switching/or just any thing that would ruin the event. Currently we have events that spawn you in the rdm zone and last like 30 seconds and I don’t find my self joining events because they are not fun at all . An event should be fun and rewarding. I’d love to see rubiks idea but I’d would also love to have official events as well .

The problem here a part from the obvious fact that it would be a lot of management is the prizes.

I don't see who will give the money for the prizes, i'm pretty sure no super admin would finance this with free money. Sugar hates money inflation and I don't think he will add more to it by giving out free money.

Let's assume people give out from their pockets, it wouldn't last a month and people would go broke and the events would end.

I do agree that these events would be fun but like most people already said, the server couldn't handle it and management is to hard. There has been a lot of community events but they last 1-2 weeks and they vanish, if you want a server event that can be added to the event NPC, I'd suggest to try to be realistic when it comes to addons/bosses.