Suicide by Island tunnel? (video provided)

Hecker

Description: When ever people go near the island tunnel you commit suicide I guess? That's what it says in console when you die. I do not have a suicide bind just to add, and in the video i got some volunteers (on the go, they were not planned volunteers) to help show as well that it is happening to others, not just me. I saw someone die next to the small buildings outside beach spawn tunnel too, dunno if that was them or the same bug BTW.

How to reproduce: Go to the island tunnel and just walk around, sometimes you are killed on the walk way to it, other times you have to be on the island itself

Priority?

High i think? Cause people cant have access to that place on the map

Also forgot to add, Mario (the staff member) told me people were getting killed in the RDM zone as well i believe?

VIDEO:

There is no sound, sorry about that but I kind of rushed to make the video and post this

[video=youtube]

Yes, this happened to Me (Heck and Frick), Rubik, and Kilobyte earlier today. That area periodically breaks along with the RDM zone where it starts killing people. The RDM zone also makes you suicide once after exiting it/dying in the RDM zone. You die again 1 more time in spawn and then respawn for real.

It used to affect that whole area making basing and just being around the tunnel impossible. Before it put up like a green barrier that would kill you if you’d stepped in it. Sugar had it fixed at one point before leaving I think but it’s probably broken again.

This is an issue that's been present since we switched from downtown_tits_v1 to v2. The problem is there is an "event zone" that will only allow you inside the event arena if you !joinevent to prevent people from exploiting in and abusing. The old event arena used to be in this area and the invisible zone was never removed, so when someone calls an RDM event it will trigger this "death zone". I will need to remove this part of the event area, thanks for bringing this to our attention.