Allow users to comment on reports/appeals

It's cold in here(._.)

I'm gonna follow Rubik's advice and make this thread. I feel user should be able to comment on any thread if they actually add in information. Just because you aren't directly involved doesn't mean you don't have a valid opinion and can't help point something out/ resolve an issue, I feel that punishing players for this will discourage them from commenting on any thread in the report or appeal section, I know I have been as I'll most likely just get smacked down with another warn.

Honestly I am neutral with this suggestion, it just can lead to many scenarios, like a new player believing someone is a staff member because of them commenting and what not. Another thing is its a staff members job to be helping in reports and ban appeals, if you want to comment on ban appeals and reports that you aint involved in then apply for staff

If you are not related to the ban appeal or report why would you need to talk in it. The reports are between the person reporting, staff, and the person being reported. Ban appeals are between the banning staff, other staff, and the person who was banned. No need to butt into a conversation that doesn't involve you. (Not meant to be directed towards you but you know what I mean)

So ban appeals and player reports should be limited to the parties involved & staff. Think of it like a court case where you have the two parties and staff is the jury that's supposed to remain neutral and take into account all the evidence. 

You wouldn't want some hobo on the street come running into the court room saying a bunch of bad stuff about the defendant and swaying the opinions of the jury. We're just trying to stay as neutral as possible & really with no involvement, all you have to offer is an opinion and that's not what we're looking for in this reports / appeals. We just want that facts. 

Pros:

• More community involvement
  • No one feels left out
  • Gives players something to do on forums
  • Probably more

Cons

• People's reputation will determine the outcome of their report/appeal
  • More clutter in threads / harder to cipher through the evidence
  • Probably more arguments / personal disagreements between the community
  • Players can have their friends spam support for them, even if they're in the wrong
  • Probably more

I understand where you're coming from cold I really do. But honestly just leave those type of situations to staff  and the person that is involved. 

And I dont think the person that is trying to deal with a situation would like someone else that's not staff to contribute to post. 

If you where involved in the situation then all means you should be able to give your opinion. But if it has nothing to do with you then just let it be.

I understand where you're coming from cold I really do. But honestly just leave those type of situations to staff  and the person that is involved. 

And I dont think the person that is trying to deal with a situation would like someone else that's not staff to contribute to post. 

If you where involved in the situation then all means you should be able to give your opinion. But if it has nothing to do with you then just let it be.

Maybe a way to say wether or not you'd like the post to be open to people not involved