Model compression

North Bear

I have started to do model compression. By making this thread I am notifying you that I am offering my skills for you guys.

I'm not that experienced yet so don't get mad when something doesn't work out.

What is needed?

- Model that has been denied only due to its filesize.

- A model not greater than 2mb over the filesize you want it to have.

Example, you want a 2mb model, shouldnt go over 4mb for compression.

What do I do after it has been denied by only the filesize reason?

- Contact me on discord, Leroy5100#6813

- Send me a steam workshop link of the model and I'll see what I can do.

Pricing:

- Depending on the time it took I will calculate a price, big models will take longer to compress and I will always round my pricing down, not up.

- I will go by 100 suga or 1.75 mil per hour or you can offer stuff yourself!

Not a good outcome? (something that is not worth to add to the server)

- You pay nothing.

- Keep in mind that a big model being compressed is always somewhat of a downer, it wont get the quallity any better ofcourse. I will try my best to keep the quallity as it was.

• Like 1

If you dont want it compressed u can just pay for another 2mb etc over the original 2mb 

5mb= 3 Models = 5400 Sugar (and it will be full quality)

Yeah well, models like these have a lot of vectors that are not needed at all. Instead of having to pay an extra 2600 suga and getting the server even fuller you pay about 100. Seems like a steal to me and I only do this to help others get their models in. You go ahead and pay your 5400 suga for these things then :P

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note to anyone curious, if you are decompressing/compressing a model in blender almost always it's jiggle/dynamic bones will cease 2 work unless the verticies they're attached to stay, you're basically deleting them and it's trying to move something that doesn't exist. This can be fixed however by re-adding them yourself or just ignoring the area the bones affect

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this NPC works, I've been requesting a model Job for more than a week now, It doesn't work!

I don't know, maybe because of the new map update? He made me a model the other day, but now it seems to be 

B R O K E N

+1 JK bro, please do my model