Staff !motd Command

Knifu Waifu

So I asked this once in a Staff Meeting a few months ago, and as it was discussed, nothing really came out of it.

The !jailtp Command brings someone to you and jails you.

Then theres !jail "(Yada Yada)" For however long they want [E.x. 300 seconds]

But there should be a command for !forcemotd 300

This command would force someone to look at motd for how ever long the time was needed.

(HINT: A Max time should be set so new mods or staff members cant just !forcemotd 1000 people)

Okay so Dindu Said that "People will just not read it" But heres the thing.

We can Have a Video clip that automatically plays with Walter saying the rules

Okay Bye bye

• Like 1

I see where you are coming from Knifu but as Dindu said people will just tab out or walk away from their computer. Could also lead to players leaving.  Sugar said something about this not happening/not possible as it was suggested before I believe. Probably won't be added but it's still not a bad suggestion.

Yeah, there have been threads like this because it seems some players just won't read the MOTD, but to be honest, if they aren't gonna read the MOTD when it pops up every single time that they log in, and can be brought up by typing up only 5 characters, they don't want to read it, and probably aren't gonna regardless of anyone's efforts (that includes Walter reading the rules, even if it may be intimidating and terrifying).

If they don't read the MOTD they either get banned, warned, or warned even more until they are eventually banned from the server for a long, long time. Or who knows, maybe eventually they wise up. 

People should just read the MOTD when they are jailed or warned regardless. I tell people every single sit to "please read the MOTD to get a better grip on the rules or clarify anything you may be confused on." If they don't, I can't make em, but I sure as heck can shove something up their ass when they break a rule.

It's a good suggestion but I just don't really think that it would fix minges bein minges.

Yeah, like Peanut said. It's better to give them the responsibility so that if they continue to do it it is a swift punishment, no verbal warning. However it could be helpful, but like a jail most players would just walk away from their PC and wait it out. I've done it myself.