State of Affairs

yeeto

Just looking at where I think the server is at right now and what could be changed / discuss recent changes to despawning entities (procs, printers, etc).

This isn't saying the server is bad. This is just pointing out some spots where I think some improvements can be made.

Map

The map controls / directs gameplay, so this will have the biggest influence. The current map has some improvements over the original map, but it is still just as boring as the original. There's really nothing much you can do to change this, besides give the entire map an overhaul. The map has been used for years and it's a staple for dark rp. Maybe adding more.. Decoration? Make the map look alive? I don't know. Any of the super srs RP maps like C18 have a great environment, but it also has a story to go behind in.

This map isn't really built with anything in mind... There's a police station / bank.. a "gunshop" that was the prime spot for gun dealers - but with how things evolved, that's not the way it is anymore. You can sell guns on the corner of the street. Having decorated areas / rooms would be cool. It's empty though - and for a good reason. You don't want random static map props that you can't delete, getting in the way of your 55 fences protecting your printers.

The map is just bland. It performs what it needs to do, but doesn't do anything else. The sewers + additional extension to the slums (strip club area) is cool and has a lot of housing - but it's not really used as much as the original parts of the map. 

The beach extension is the only part of the map that I would like to see in the original downtown map. It adds something unique that isn't found in your standard dark rp map. It adds an "ocean" of sorts and it looks good. Adding the fishing job with it is cool. I would like to see more areas of the map "Added on to" that provides a new form of game play / interaction instead of more buildings that no one uses. This leads into the next topic which is... Money.

Money

There are a lot of ways to make money and a lot of ways to spend it. Out of all the ways to make and spend, there are only a ways to do it efficiently. Money is primarily spent on processors / printers with the intention of gaining the most amount of money in the shortest time period. Any other way of making money isn't efficient as other methods (selling guns, drugs, weapon mod, etc). You can spend money on guns, houses, etc. None of those things spent have a huge impact on your total amount of money. The only thing that causes a huge loss in money is VIP (one time thing) and CC's. CC's is the "end" goal of a player. Any weapon you want, any model, custom gun, etc. Once you have your CC, there's nothing else to really spend money on besides adding more gun slots / creating another CC.

Delivering Boxes, Scrapping cars, Selling drugs, fishing, etc. Those are cool things that doesn't depend on your job. I'd like to see more things like this.

There needs to be more ways to gain money efficiently and more things to spend money on that are worthwhile. Such as inventory spaces, faster xp gain, etc. Perks for your account that don't directly effect gameplay (Think P2W) but help you out in other ways.

The changes to entities being able to be despawned after four hours is a GREAT idea. It's just not implemented correctly. I don't know how you can do it any other way, but I would love to see suggestions.

Jobs should have more means of gaining money then sitting in your base farming printers and processors. 

Processors are a great idea, but it completely takes away from the gun dealer/ black market, etc. When you can get free guns from a processor, you don't need to buy guns. Processors need to be balanced more. You can't really do much with one processor, but when you have 10 processors - you are making a lot of money versus having one. With one printer, you can still make decent money.

Bitminers need to be buffed or the cost needs to be reduced.

Add Money launderers - you spawn an entity for x amount of money, put money in it and it gives a % of the money back out. You can remove the money at any time, has a chance to explode.

Gang System

The gang system is cool. It adds cool perks and allows you to group up with your friends. It doesn't really do anything else. I'd like to suggest having a more gangwars-esque gang system. 

[video=youtube]

This is just gameplay from it. Doesn't show gang specific gameplay, but it shows some of the differences. I'll mention more on what I would like to see from this later.

Things that would add more player retention / goals to work for:

Add two separate XP systems. One for gangs and one for jobs. You can combine both for "Player level" aka bragging rights, which does nothing.

The job XP system will reward players for playing a specific job and have progression. Think of this like - "gang talents" except more specific to your job level.

Jobs will be classed into different groups based on what kind of job it is ex:

All cop jobs will be in the cop group, you gain xp for playing properly as a cop and start out as "Civil Protection". Leveling up will grant you access to swat classes, PD Commander, etc. Add in the cop talents from gangs.

Thief group - Gain XP from mugging, pickpocketing, otherwise stealing other peoples printers, etc. Level up to gain access to faster pickpocketing, lockpicking, - mug amount increase, force mug, etc.

Merchant Group - Gain XP from selling products. Level up to gain cheaper product prices, chance for an extra shipment, etc. Job upgrades to BMD, Supplier etc - more goods to sell as you progress.

Would add more player retention + goals towards instead of CC. CC's would not benefit from any of these perks / benefits that the other jobs do.

Gang XP / Money - Add products such as - Gang Printers, Gang Processors, etc. Have upgraded versions based on gang level. Using a gang entity gives money to the gang / xp. Gang money can be used to purchase general talents / perks for everyone in the gang. Add the "Territory" control in parts of the map. Gangs control a section of the map which they HAVE to actively base in in order to control. Controlling a section gives occasional XP to the gang.

Add a money stash for gangs. Money stash gains money over time and caps out a certain point and can only be used when it caps out. Gives the gang money / xp when used. Other gangs can use it before it is done and gain the xp / money. Cops can destroy it to gain money for everyone as a cop + gain xp for them selves.

There's a lot more that could be said, but I would like to see a healthy discussion on new ideas / QOL changes that will help out the server. I'm sure sugar has saw / looked at gang wars RP. 

TL;DR

Map is boring - nothing against the map creator (can't remember his name) the map is great, but it's just downtown with new things added that no one uses. There's no reason to go to other parts of the map.

Money can be gained from almost anything, but only certain things actually gain you money.

There is not enough things to actually sink money into.

Gang system could be improved + job improvements to with an xp system for both.

• Like 2

Great post.

Map: Agree completely, could move NPCs to various parts of the map to help generate more traffic there. Chess and Checkers has already begun to do that. Suburbs, industrial, and slums (Factory side, with the caved in tunnel) would be the first places I'd start looking at changing. Only problem I thought of would be that dupes might get fucked if the map is updated. Did that happen when the new map was added?

Money: Everything needs to be buffed, yeah. With CCs being so expensive, there must always be a way of gaining mass amounts of money, unless the community is fine with it taking even longer to get CCs. Or CC prices just being lowered altogether, but with how rich some people are this would hurt more than help. Money Launderer is a great idea. Also remove bitminers or buff them greatly, right now it takes a long time to get your money back after upgrading them.

Player tevel and talents is something I had thought would be nice, too. It presumably wouldn't be too difficult to develop, considering you could just copy + paste the gangmenu and recreate it. Would love to see fishing talents (;

Nice post! Don't forget about the Dev Board https://trello.com/b/rXir4ToV/titsrp-development It might offer some insight into new features in the works.

Were a few things you said I'm fairly sure were being discussed/added, so, this. ^

edit: The last bit of the post has great ideas but I don't have much discussion on them. Would like to see most of them added.

We rolled with a XP system for the evocity update back in 2016 or something. You had the level 1 of every job category and you had to play as that job to earn XP. Everyone hated it and said that was one of the prime reasons why they hated the update. While you didn't say to have all of the jobs locked, having jobs locked due to XP may cause an uproar (the original jobs of the Gang Update were locked behind XP but people thought it was stupid because they wanted them in that moment). I want all jobs to be for everyone because being able to play as what you wanna play is important.

I did think about having personal XP and I didn't have ideas for what the rewards would be but maybe what you said is something I can do where you can pick what you want to be and earn XP based off that category.

NPCs used to not be bunched up and spread around the map but people requested that they are all in the same area because "they are too hard to find" or "it takes too long to run from point A to B"

I have a lot of plans for things to dish your DarkRP cash into, just have to give me time to implement them

Money is something I am looking into right now, I am trying to lower the overall amount of $$ in the economy as its too inflated right now. I heavily dislike servers where its the norm to have a crazy amount of cash. Following this prices on other items in the server will decrease.

There is a lot of criticism in here which I will look into deeply, thanks for taking the time to write this.