Admins.

Booper Scooper

Do you think we need more Admins?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need more Admins?

hecko community. As of recently, I have made a staff list (https://titsrp.com/showthread.php?tid=7132). As you may notice, we have 0 active head admins, 3 active admins, and a LOT of mods. The reason of making this thread is to push something. Something about promoting more people to admin. Now, before you start saying: "Oh Booper wants admin" or something, listen. We NEED new admins. Because three of the admins (that are active) have school, and other things to do. And, this post wouldn't have even been made if Sugar didn't talk about promoting new admins. 

6b1ce322a0387f2e9b450fa13d74584a.png

https://gyazo.com/6b1ce322a0387f2e9b450fa13d74584a

Sugar said "most likely" to two mods on getting admin, but that isn't the main fact. I don't care who gets admin, I'm just saying my own opinion, we need them. Reports, Ban appeals, etc, aren't getting taken care of fast because the admins that we have, like I said, have school and other things to do. I want to say thank you to those three admins for actually stinking with us for a bit. And yes, some of the admins that ARE inactive do have a valid excuse to be inactive. Here's a report for example that took too long because it wasn't really noticed by an admin, (https://titsrp.com/showthread.php?tid=6827).  Us Moderators cannot do too much, which is 100% fine. We aren't supposed to do the exact same amount of things as our higher ups. But all I am asking is your opinions on the matter. 

The question that is the main point of this.

Do we need more admins

Please, take the time to think over on your opinion. Personally, I 100% think we need more admins. I don't care on who we get, but we need them. Sugar doesn't get on the server as much so he doesn't really see on what the staff team needs and what the server needs. So it is our job to notify him on what we need. Like a common suggestion. And this, this is a suggestion that I highly agree on. But I do not call the shots here. So I'm asking you, the community. What do you think? Do you think we need more admins? Or do you think we will be okay for a long time without them? Please, if you say no, then I expect a good reason. If you have a good reason as to why we DO need admins or DON'T, then please, reply.

Nah not gonna put a big long response on here dindu. Just a short one

Yes we need more admins, no I don't care who actually ends up getting the position.

My main reason for pushing so hard for admin promotions is to help staff morale. I've noticed staff members doing bare minimum because they think "well I'll never move up the ladder so why bother giving my best" and admin promotions would show that with sufficient work it is possible. That and the stark contrast between mod/tmod numbers and admins

Let's think about what the good ol' admemes do that mods cannot. They can accept staff apps, permaban, demote people if needed, accept ban appeals and reports if its not something obvious and talk in staff meetings.

Mostly these are things that aren't really needed too often and with the current admins that are active they do a good job in my opinion.

We maybe need 1 or 2 new admins to help out but really it should be up to how good quality the staff is to see if they get admin since we are not really in dire need of new ones

Edit: to clarify mods can make decisions about any ban appeals as long as they aren't funky https://titsrp.com/showthread.php?tid=7076&pid=47081#pid47081 (you shouldn't be able to see the post if you're not mod+)

• Like 1

Let's think about what the good ol' admemes do that mods cannot. They can accept staff apps, permaban, demote people if needed, accept ban appeals and reports if its not something obvious and talk in staff meetings.

Mostly these are things that aren't really needed too often and with the current admins that are active they do a good job in my opinion.

We maybe need 1 or 2 new admins to help out but really it should be up to how good quality the staff is to see if they get admin since we are not really in dire need of new ones

That is true, very true. However, if you take a look at some reports that are like two months old, you see that we HAVE to get an admin to solve them. We NEED more admins because more people apply, more people make ban appeals, more people make reports, etc. Us moderators cannot do too much. Sure we can be helpful in some situations of a report, or something, but that's mainly it. Three admins I'm afraid will not cut it, in my opinion. I'm not saying we need 5 new admins, or anything like that. God no. But we definitely need at least one or two to give us a little more help. We may not be in dire of admins, sure, but with the new map and everything, it's becoming hectic. We are still getting new players each and everyday and we need the people who can do something about it. So that's why I made this thread.

And I 100% appreciate your opinion on this Piklas. I really do.

But think about the admins!!! Sugar wants to get loyal and trustworthy admins. That is tough for a person who wants to keep their server great. Not having to deal with a rogue admin. It takes time to decide to promote someone to admin but i'm sure if Sugar put a little more effort to get to know his staff team maybe it wouldn't be so hard.

We do have some moderators that are loyal and do respect their rank. Maybe not a handful of them, but we definitely have a phew mods that could be a great admin. And yes, you are right about that. Sugar is probably looking for the people who have been an actual moderator for over 5 months or even a year. We need the mods that have been great to us all and that actually help out the server. Never would I think to put myself as an admin because I 100% know that I am not ready. (Mainly because I resigned three times lmao). Regardless of which rank I am in, I try to make it worth while. And being a mod on here definitely makes it interesting. You have to push yourself to get something and getting admin on here is next to impossible. And yes, it does take time to get admins. But with a look over the mods, I'm 100% sure there are a couple who could fill the role of being an admin.

Edit: to clarify mods can make decisions about any ban appeals as long as they aren't funky https://titsrp.com/showthread.php?tid=7076&pid=47081#pid47081 (you shouldn't be able to see the post if you're not mod+)

Woah.... someone who agreed with me, literally mods can do what admins can to a extent either then perma ban or promote and demote. For forums literally all you have to do is ask for permission to accept and deny. Have we become that lazy we can't ask anymore? Like cmon we have 3 active admins do not think we really need anymore. They are extremely active especially on discord so you can ask for all the permission you want. I personally think some people are just power thirsty, can we not be happy with the rank we obtained? Why does a staff member need to move up in the ranks to be noticed? Why can't we all just be noticed? Listen, my point here is that yeah sure it's a dream to be a admin whatever but you don't need to be one. You don't need to move up ranks to be noticed, trust me you are noticed you just don't know it. You don't need to give up because you aren't a admin and yeah maybe you won't get admin for a while but WHY DOES A ADMIN ROLE MATTER. Why does it matter when moderators can do the same thing. Why does it matter when we have active admins already.  This whole thing doesn't make sense people just want admin because the want to be better then the other, they want that extra power. Now don't get me wrong always strive to be the best you can be always look forward to the next step, but you shouldn't always expect it, know you have done well and don't need a blue tag beside your name to be noticed.

• Like 1