[Official] Map Creation Ideas / Suggestions

KDawg

I'm also worried that with so many potentially great places to babase in the underground that so many people will base underground that the surface will start to feel empty. maybe make city jobs that can work down there like on the train or and maybe something else idk what but anyone else it should be illegal to be down there and cp can do routine sweeps of the sewers for criminal activity

just a thought

In the beta version i've seen there are only 2 underground bases that are ownable which means that only 2 bases and be there and hobo bases.

Although I can see how surface level street rp can take a hit from the underground being qute large and thus taking traffic that walked in streets before to the underground.

-snip-

Thanks for the positive feedback Tact! Some of the things you suggested are already in the map though such as:

• A way to get into the sewers close to the cinema
  • A way for prisoners to escape jail

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/GrizzledBogusCentipede

I you may be right about the Slums having too many apartments, I will see if removing them would allow a further addition somewhere else. Along with that, I have passed on some suggestions for the underground such as 

Being able to base in these trains 

4a0d43f42d74392a6e92c9d05dea3229.jpg

Adding respawning vents (so you can destroy them and they respawn) for the PD escape route

530ee3f528b800d19c9729fe99a29b08.jpg

Adding it so this section could be either broken through or there is a small hole by default to make it feel even more connected

7e55abe2aba7913c9991e098efbc9137.jpg

There are a few things I can request about the sea. Maybe I could request to make a second island that is slightly bigger. The sea will see use for fishing and other ways of making money. And maybe someone will make a boat or something but I do agree that it doesn't feel like it has that much of a purpose except to be there

I'm also worried that with so many potentially great places to babase in the underground that so many people will base underground that the surface will start to feel empty. maybe make city jobs that can work down there like on the train or and maybe something else idk what but anyone else it should be illegal to be down there and cp can do routine sweeps of the sewers for criminal activity

just a thought

The whole point of the map is 3 fold:

• More FPS
  • Bigger (regular downtown is disgustingly cramped with 90 players)
  • More locations / new content / redid buildings

I think only time will tell if the underground will be used 24/7. Keeping everyone spread out is better, believe me. 90 players on a map is crazy and you will still see people around 24/7. It will probably give you less of a headace when you find you can think of a spot to go and say "There isn't 90 people within 5 feet of me"

As for making the sewers illegal, I think as the mayor you could make a law that suggests that.

For anyone else that hasn't seen the Beta 2 of the map, here are some screenshots / gifs!

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/GrizzledBogusCentipede

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/GraveKaleidoscopicCalf

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AcrobaticFabulousAfricanaugurbuzzard

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/EnviousIndelibleGossamerwingedbutterfly

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/EmotionalGoodnaturedKodiakbear

Screenshot_192.png

Screenshot_184.png

3983420fd4ab25bd1920ca8b309f2d34.jpg

You can also transverse this section now too

f2b3b1116bdcf35c9b0106eb460de87e.jpg

Release Date?

in 9007 years

I think only time will tell if the underground will be used 24/7. Keeping everyone spread out is better, believe me. 90 players on a map is crazy and you will still see people around 24/7. It will probably give you less of a headace when you find you can think of a spot to go and say "There isn't 90 people within 5 feet of me"

As for making the sewers illegal, I think as the mayor you could make a law that suggests that.

oh yeah I guess that would be a good compromise seeing as how it could just be an off and on problem on occasion with players comcoming and going etc, so only make it illegal when it's a problem. Good thinking

PLEASEGIVEMEACOPCAR

Oh yeah I was thinking that the park looks really nice but will likely be underused so maybe make the park the new spawn and open up the old spawn area for actual use as part of the city?

one issue I see could be people spawn killing but at ththe same time it will be a lot harder to prop block it so it has a sort of balance

Now with the possibility to escape, wont everyone just find out and there will never be anyone in jail? Or could you do something where it kinda randomizes between the cells after some time so that everyone just cannot escape easily

Could make it where if you tap E for a few the vent breaks

Now with the possibility to escape, wont everyone just find out and there will never be anyone in jail? Or could you do something where it kinda randomizes between the cells after some time so that everyone just cannot escape easily

The vent is being made so you have to deal damage to it. If it's not shot then it can't break

Considering the new massive size of the map, I recommend placing permanent lawboards all over the map (ik about !laws, but most new players don't).

That's fine, we already have them in the current map and they will be placed around the new map too

The vent is being made so you have to deal damage to it. If it's not shot then it can't break

like it has to be shot with a gun? or what?

ik it'll sound dumb to haters, but I used to play a prison escape game on roblox and the way they did it was you had to have sledgehammer to break either a vent to the roof or a toilet to get to the sewer and it switches which toliet it is and takes several hits to break it and each hit is very loud and distinguishable. that way it's definitely possible but not super easy.

Considering the new massive size of the map, I recommend placing permanent lawboards all over the map (ik about !laws, but most new players don't).

That's fine, we already have them in the current map and they will be placed around the new map too

How would you do damage to it? What if the cops dont let you out your cell into the court yard thing?